What's new

Fake Indian Samsung iPhone

Rusty

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
"It takes quite a bit for a KIRF smartphone to turn our heads these days, but this specimen spotted by one of our readers in an Indian newspaper checked off just enough boxes to get us to take notice. As you can see, the company behind it has merged a fairly faithful iOS knock-off operating system with a device reminiscent of something from Samsung's Galaxy line, but it didn't stop there. You'll also get no less than four SIM card slots and two memory card slots, not to mention an antenna to pull down some free over-the-air TV channels. Specs otherwise remain a bit of a mystery, but those curious enough to find out more can take one home for just over $60."

Keepin' it real fake: four SIMs, two memory card slots, one identity crisis -- Engadget

As far as a cheep copy goes it's not bad. They managed to rip off the Galaxy S2 design and the iPhone UI.

But the funniest thing is that Indians complain about Chinese copies when they are doing it themselves too. :rofl:

It was advertised in India and no one has spotted it else where.
So seems like a reasonable conclusion.

But even if it is not made in India, it sure as heck is being sold in India.
Which contradicts what most Indian members here claim, about how India is a bastion of anti piracy and anti copying.

It was advertised in India and no one has spotted it else where.
So seems like a reasonable conclusion.

But even if it is not made in India, it sure as heck is being sold in India.
Which contradicts what most Indian members here claim, about how India is a bastion of anti piracy and anti copying.
lol. So you never knew lots of chinese made mobiles being sold in India?
They are collectively known as 'chinese mobile' or 'china mobile'.

Its a rebranded chinese phone. Epic fail.
Oh roy, I was trying to extract it from him. :)

Its a rebranded chinese phone. Epic fail.

Actually it's a re branded martian phone made by Indian children living on mars.

See, I can make up BS and present it as facts too :lol:

lol. So you never knew lots of chinese made mobiles being sold in India?
They are collectively known as 'chinese mobile' or 'china mobile'.

Oh roy, I was trying to extract it from him. :)

right, so lets say that it is made in China (I don't think it was)
But it is still being sold in India.
A place where Indian members say there is no piracy or copy products.
but clearly there are, so that blows that argument out of the water.

Actually it's a re branded martian phone made by Indian children living on mars.

See, I can make up BS and present it as facts too :lol:

right, so lets say that it is made in China (I don't think it was)
But it is still being sold in India.
A place where Indian members say there is no piracy or copy products.
but clearly there are, so that blows that argument out of the water.
Do you feel humiliated bro. Should have done a bit of research before posting. lol.

Now you know it is chinese, your natural servility to chinese should kick in.
You should start praising chinese genius for blending best of both. :)

India does or have the e-cottage industry to make such stuff. Pretty sure it's Chinese import.

I wanna buy one of these. Does anyone know whather this is available in south-east Asia?
I used iPhone4 before, which got stolen, and wife uses Samsung galaxy SII. Didn't like both. Now just want a cheap phone with some good functionalities and features..

India is one of the biggest phone market of the world and cheap chinese phones have significant penetration especially in lower income group and rural India. So it is simple to assume that it has been marketed in India alone..and it doesn't prove its Indian company.

i personally know many indians involved in copying and piracy business from London's Hackney to Mumbai...but due to their primitive level of manufacturing capability so not many have noticed....I hope when their primitive industry develops people will start to get to the real lack of business ethic indians

Back
Top Bottom