What's new

Fake degree case: Court indicts Jamshed Dasti

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
A local court of Muzaffargarh on Monday indicted former minister and member of the National Assembly Jamshed Dasti in fake degree case.

The District and Session Court of Judge Abdul Rehman Khan Niazi indicted Jamshed Dasti on the request of regional election commissioner of Multan.
The petitioner was of the view that the accused contested in 2008 elections on a fake degree and he should be tried on the charges of forgery.
On Sunday, Dasti came on a donkey cart to submit his nomination papers in Muzaffargarh.
Member of National Assembly (MNA) from Muzaffargarh Jamshed Dasti, on March 15, had announced his departure from Pakistan People's Party (PPP). He said that he would contest in general elections as an independent candidate from NA 177 and 178.
Dasti further said that Hina Rabbani Khar and her father opposed him in by-polls that took place in 2010, adding that he had told the party leadership that he would contest elections against Khar.

Fake degree case: Court indicts Jamshed Dasti

Fake degree: Dasti sentenced to three years in prison

LAHORE: A local court in Muzzafargarh has sentenced former MNA Jamshed Dasti to three years in prison in a fake degree case.

District and Sessions Judge Abdur Rehman Niazi announced the verdict.

On Wednesday, shortly after the court had adjourned proceedings with the verdict expected to be announced the next day, Dasti told a press conference that he had decided against contesting for the two National Assembly seats as an independent candidate.

The former Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) lawmaker had been elected from the Muzaffargarh NA-178 constituency in 2008, and later again on the same seat through by-elections.

He later resigned as member of the National Assembly in 2010 after the Supreme Court had ordered him to present his graduation degree.

Fake degree: Dasti sentenced to three years in prison | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Great News.. the first MORON has received his due. I hope many fake-degree holders would like to FLEE the country before submitting their papers for this election. :tup:

Government should take action against who makes fake degree for politicians. They are equally responsible for this crime.

Great News.. the first MORON has received his due. I hope many fake-degree holders would like to FLEE the country before submitting their papers for this election. :tup:

He is not first many other were punished by the court,even few ladies were also punished.....

Good job by the court ..

He is the first big name (sort of) politician to be sentenced. I think, also the one with the heavies punishment. Others got 1-2 year and 5000 fine I think.

Dasti-15 service goes down... the Landlord wins !!!

He is the first big name (sort of) politician to be sentenced. I think, also the one with the heavies punishment. Others got 1-2 year and 5000 fine I think.

Yes you are right the amount of fine is same but the duration of sentence is heavier thn others.

Landlord wins? Do you want to expand on that? Dasti was from PPP

dasti was people man, he challenged landlords, even the other day in CSS interview, a guy from muzzafargarh was asked Hina Rabbani Khar or Jamshed Dasti, he said Jamshed Dasti..

P.S. I am not saying that he should not have been punished for fake degree. Law is law, but as I see it should be across the board, which apparently is not the case...

dasti was people man, he challenged landlords, even the other day in CSS interview, a guy from muzzafargarh was asked Hina Rabbani Khar or Jamshed Dasti, he said Jamshed Dasti..

P.S. I am not saying that he should not have been punished for fake degree. Law is law, but as I see it should be across the board, which apparently is not the case...
Why not give any example ?

Back
Top Bottom