What's new

F-35 myths and facts

most people here has 0 clue of what is 5th gen fighter and how 5th gen information centric air battle is carried out`````the fact is PLAAF and PLAN is making F-35 as a benchmark for our J-20 and J-31````but they are quite confident to deal with F-22``````they say, the real threat is the F-35 and the concept it brought to future air battle, F-22 was designed too early and much of the landscape has changed rapidly!

You mix up LOS and visual range. Radar can't see without LOS. According to u if you see a plane on ur radar from 200 km thats visual range?

Somehow i missed you message, but whats the range of aim9x? It can shoot down aircraft from 25km away, which is a wvr missile.. if you read our conversation above, you will see that you are playing like childish game as have no idea what im talking about..

Somehow i missed you message, but whats the range of aim9x? It can shoot down aircraft from 25km away, which is a wvr missile.. if you read our conversation above, you will see that you are playing like childish game as have no idea what im talking about..
1) I said that no one can see a plane from 30 km with his eyes.
2) You gave me a calculator of LOS range to prove that 30 km is a visual range.
3) I explained you your mistake that LOS=/=visual range.
4) You can use BVR missile in WVR combat and vice versa.

1) I said that no one can see a plane from 30 km with his eyes.
2) You gave me a calculator of LOS range to prove that 30 km is a visual range.
3) I explained you your mistake that LOS=/=visual range.
4) You can use BVR missile in WVR combat and vice versa.

No man, you told me that 25-30km is beyond visual range and dealth with bvm missiles where i gave that example for capacity of thermal imagining against 5th generation jets(after here i was sick so didnt have energy to explain why).
Actually use work on abraams to be able to shoot wvr. Its not that easy to do it somehow

No man, you told me that 25-30km is beyond visual range and dealth with bvm missiles where i gave that example for capacity of thermal imagining against 5th generation jets(after here i was sick so didnt have energy to explain why).
Actually use work on abraams to be able to shoot wvr. Its not that easy to do it somehow
25-30 km of no doubt BVR. No one can see with bare eyes from this distance.

In some cases u can see a plane through IRST even from 100 km. So wut? Now u will tell me that 100 km is also WVR?

25-30 km of no doubt BVR. No one can see with bare eyes from this distance.

In some cases u can see a plane through IRST even from 100 km. So wut? Now u will tell me that 100 km is also WVR?
dude, i dont understand why do you make it so hard to understand, when words on it, Within Visual Range missiles can shoot down enemy aircraft from 25-30km, arent those aircraft in within visual range? why to call them beyond visual range when you cannot actually even shoot those missile when the target is that close.. BVR missiles can shoot down aircraft after 37 km and beyond..

We talk about air warfare of our era not world war 2, which only at that time you will be right..

dude, i dont understand why do you make it so hard to understand, when words on it, Within Visual Range missiles can shoot down enemy aircraft from 25-30km, arent those aircraft in within visual range? why to call them beyond visual range when you cannot actually even shoot those missile when the target is that close.. BVR missiles can shoot down aircraft after 37 km and beyond..

We talk about air warfare of our era not world war 2, which only at that time you will be right..
WVR missiles can't destroy its targets with 25-30 Km or have a least chance to destroy the targets the best range the WVR missiles to destroy its targets is 15-20 km @Kamil_baku :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Lets say you are flying on F16 and u want to shoot a plane from 30 kms. The only way to do so is to use radars and AMRAAMs. Yet you are trying to tell me thats not BVR but WVR. :rolleyes::undecided:

WVR missiles can't destroy its targets with 25-30 Km or have a least chance to destroy the targets the best range the WVR missiles to destroy its targets is 15-20 km @Kamil_baku :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
all of them are around that range. for example:
The R-73 is an infrared homing (heat-seeking) missile with a sensitive, cryogenic cooled seeker with a substantial "off-boresight" capability: the seeker can "see" targets up to 40° off the missile's centerline.[5] It can be targeted by a helmet-mounted sight (HMS) allowing pilots to designate targets by looking at them. Minimum engagement range is about 300 meters, with maximum aerodynamic range of nearly 30 km (19 mi) at altitude.

Dont talk like you fire one and found the poor result.. They dont put numbers there without testing and each customer test to prove it.. with TVC, its almost impossible to run away from them with your maneuver as IrIS-T maneuver is 60G. Which all the conversation started after i said this..

all of them are around that range. for example:
The R-73 is an infrared homing (heat-seeking) missile with a sensitive, cryogenic cooled seeker with a substantial "off-boresight" capability: the seeker can "see" targets up to 40° off the missile's centerline.[5] It can be targeted by a helmet-mounted sight (HMS) allowing pilots to designate targets by looking at them. Minimum engagement range is about 300 meters, with maximum aerodynamic range of nearly 30 km (19 mi) at altitude.

Dont talk like you fire one and found the poor result.. They dont put numbers there without testing and each customer test to prove it.. with TVC, its almost impossible to run away from them with your maneuver as IrIS-T maneuver is 60G. Which all the conversation started after i said this..
To get best result range is 15-20 km let 80% chances of hit but at the 30 km you haven't that % chances of hit @Kamil_baku

And as for range ASRAAM has a range of 50 km and French Mica IR has a range of 60 km but this doesn't mean that they have high % of hit chance against their targets at their extreme range @Kamil_baku

Lets say you are flying on F16 and u want to shoot a plane from 30 kms. The only way to do so is to use radars and AMRAAMs. Yet you are trying to tell me thats not BVR but WVR. :rolleyes::undecided:
You are wrong, when they can fire WVR missile with laser beam or heat signature, why to use BVR? They could use it before the target came that close, which as i said can be used only after 37km and beyond..

To get best result range is 15-20 km let 80% chances of hit but at the 30 km you haven't that % chances of hit @Kamil_baku

And as for range ASRAAM has a range of 50 km and French Mica IR has a range of 60 km but this doesn't mean that they have high % of hit chance against their targets at their extreme range @Kamil_baku
Lets agree to disagree, we all talk with numbers which were given by USA, Europe and or other sources.. as you know the speed of WVR missile, that 5 km extra is not a problem, it all about you technological capabilities.

Lets agree to disagree, we all talk with numbers which were given by USA, Europe and or other sources.. as you know the speed of WVR missile, that 5 km extra is not a problem, it all about you technological capabilities.
This extra 5 km does make the difference to degrade it % to hit @Kamil_baku
You are wrong, when they can fire WVR missile with laser beam or heat signature, why to use BVR? They could use it before the target came that close, which as i said can be used only after 37km and beyond..
you can use BVR at this range because BVR suddenly become fire and forget, meaning after launch it activates it radar seeker and launch jet will turn away @Kamil_baku

No idea what is laser beam missile. F-16 has only AIM-9 and AIM-120 + radar. The only way to shoot a plane from 30 km is
1) Detect and truck target with radar.
2) Use AIM-120.

And even if you use AIM-9 from 10 km u still need to use radar. So its BVR combat.

Back
Top Bottom