What's new

F-22s are corroding, need costly fix

I don't mind them spending on the military cos the money stays inside the US as almost everything is made inhouse...what I really mind is stupid stimulus money given to companies who take American taxpayer money and then outsource the work to China or India.

But Osama bin Laden and the imams who hype up the 'Christian crusaders' terrorism are doing quite well to sustain a constant supply of jihadists, no?

The $700 billion dollar US military-industrial complex is just a tad more complex than a ragtag bunch of brainwashed idiots.

but equally dangerous ...

:coffee:

Not even remotely close.
Silly comparisons on internet forums notwithstanding.

The MI comples needs a steady stream of expensive wars and powerful enemies to sustain itself. The jihadi cause is based on grass roots grievances.

Last edited:
Not even remotely close.

I disagree.

your ragtag brainwashed idiots, brought the USSR in a hard spot, and have managed to make an entire country (USA) a bunch of paranoid ignorant fools.

so I think they are equally dangerous.

I disagree.

your ragtag brainwashed idiots, brought the USSR in a hard spot, and have managed to make an entire country (USA) a bunch of paranoid ignorant fools.

so I think they are equally dangerous.

The USSR was defeated only because the jihadis were backed by a superpower MI complex.

NATO's debacle in Afghanistan is purely because of its own arrogance and incompetence in winning the hearts and minds of ordinary Afghans. Tens of billions of dollars won't do much if the people waving them are full of arrogance and self-righteous contempt towards the locals.

Not even remotely close.

The MI comples needs a steady stream of expensive wars and powerful enemies to sustain itself. The jihadi cause is based on grass roots grievances.
Which equal to 'grass roots' type of targets, such as civilian enclaves like buildings or shopping malls. Nineteen jihadis on Sept 11, 2001 in New York killed more Americans than Imperial Japan did back in Dec 7, 1941 in Hawaii. A military has 'special forces'. An organized religion also has 'special forces'. Islamic jihadis are independent and motivated 'special operators' who can live among their targets for long period of time undetected, much like 'special forces' soldiers who can hide in the hills or the woods for long period of time, also undetected, until their mission require them to act. Thnx for admitting that.

Which equal to 'grass roots' type of targets, such as civilian enclaves like buildings or shopping malls. Nineteen jihadis on Sept 11, 2001 in New York killed more Americans than Imperial Japan did back in Dec 7, 1941 in Hawaii. A military has 'special forces'. An organized religion also has 'special forces'. Islamic jihadis are independent and motivated 'special operators' who can live among their targets for long period of time undetected, much like 'special forces' soldiers who can hide in the hills or the woods for long period of time, also undetected, until their mission require them to act. Thnx for admitting that.

No, I completely agree. Too bad the NATO brass still don't get it.

Now imagine if the Soviets had decided to counter the US special forces threat by sending a fleet of fighter jets, tanks and bombers. And, since many of these guys tend to wear fatigues and shave their heads, the Soviets decided that anyone with a shaven head or wearing fatigues was an enemy combatant and a legitimate military target.

Sounds like a comical parody, yet this is exactly the West's approach to combating terrorism. No wonder 'victory' has been so elusive in this 'war'...

No, I completely agree. Too bad the NATO brass still don't get it.

Now imagine if the Soviets had decided to counter the US special forces threat by sending a fleet of fighter jets, tanks and bombers. And, since many of these guys tend to wear fatigues and shave their heads, the Soviets decided that anyone with a shaven head or wearing fatigues was an enemy combatant and a legitimate military target.

Sounds like a comical parody, yet this is exactly the West's approach to combating terrorism. No wonder 'victory' has been so elusive in this 'war'...
So you do advocate that the West should investigate homegrown soldiers of Allah instead of in far away lands. Very good.

So you do advocate that the West should investigate homegrown soldiers of Allah instead of in far away lands. Very good.

Every country should investigate and prosecute bona fide criminals -- of whatever persuasion. That has never been an issue. Why would you think otherwise?

The only point of contention is the indiscriminate demonization of Muslims and Islam in general. This has nothing to do with terrorism. This has been a favorite pasttime of anti-Muslim bigots for centuries, long before terrorism became the convenient cover for the bigotry. You think Dante was concerned about terrorism when writing his Inferno?

P.S. This has nothing to do with the F-22.

Every country should investigate and prosecute bona fide criminals -- of whatever persuasion. That has never been an issue. Why would you think otherwise?

The only point of contention is the indiscriminate demonization of Muslims and Islam in general. This has nothing to do with terrorism. This has been a favorite pasttime of anti-Muslim bigots for centuries, long before terrorism became the convenient cover for the bigotry. You think Dante was concerned about terrorism when writing his Inferno?
Wrong...I said it before and I will repeat: We do not live in an intellectual and moral vacuum. Everything we do, even biological responses, require and therefore has justifications. Does it matter to the victim of terrorism that the perpetrator allegedly 'misread' or 'wrongly' interpreted some religious texts to give himself justifications on what he did? No...It does not. What matters to victims of terrorism is that the perpetrators loudly called out to his god, which is alien to said victims, while doing the deed. Is it fair? That begs the question of why is it the burden of the victims to learn the minutae of said religion? Apparently you expect victims of Islamic jihadis to bear that burden. You and others have no qualms associating 'democracy' with the current problems in Iraq and Afghanistan. At least democrats do not believe that the system is perfect while jihadis demands, upon the punishment of death, that nonbelievers accept that Islam is perfect. But if Islam is perfect then it would be logical to the perpetrator, as the victims themselves reasons, that the order for their deaths is perfect.

P.S. This has nothing to do with the F-22.
See YOUR post 23 before you lecture me.

No different than how China hype up the 'evil Americans'.

But Osama bin Laden and the imams who hype up the 'Christian crusaders' terrorism are doing quite well to sustain a constant supply of jihadists, no?

Can you tell me how China to hype up the 'evil Americans', tell me some facts, OK?

Wrong...I said it before and I will repeat: We do not live in an intellectual and moral vacuum.:blah: :blah: :blah:

Ah, the patented gambit triple two step shuffle!
When running out of rebuttals, there is always the predictable, irrelevant and gratuitous rant against them Mooooslims...

We have repeated this discussion ad nauseum elsewhere. No point rehashing it again...

See YOUR post 23 before you lecture me.

That was part of a discussion on how the F22 production restart may be justified. Clearly you missed the point and focussed on the wrong half of the argument.

As usual.

Ah, the patented gambit triple two step shuffle!
When running out of rebuttals, there is always the predictable, irrelevant and gratuitous rant against them Mooooslims...

We have repeated this discussion ad nauseum elsewhere. No point rehashing it again...
Just to match your own tap-dancing around the fact that your religion plays a major intellectual and moral role in the development of Islamic terrorism.

That was part of a discussion on how the F22 production restart may be justified. Clearly you missed the point and focussed on the wrong half of the argument.

As usual.
Utter BS...As usual...You can strain that connection all you want but it does not distract from the fact that you have no good cause to lecture about diverting a discussion whenever an opportunity is available to take a convenient jab at US.

Just to match your own tap-dancing around the fact that your religion plays a major intellectual and moral role in the development of Islamic terrorism.

Well, duh!

Of course Islamist terrorists will misuse Islam as their justification. Just as Christian terrorists misuse the Bible, or Jewish terrorists misuse the Torah to justify their actions.

Utter BS...As usual...You can strain that connection all you want but it does not distract from the fact that you have no good cause to lecture about diverting a discussion whenever an opportunity is available to take a convenient jab at US.

Ras said the Republicans would restart F22 production, and I said the F22 needs a major military adversay (e.g. China) since the current bogeyman (i.e. terrorism) ain't gonna cut it.

Back
Top Bottom