What's new

F-22 Raptor’s Impressive Maneuverability

There is no match in the world to beat F-22.
Even I think F35 wouldnt be able to do.

These days I m Playing HAWX.......and the best ride is the F22.

wonder WHY the f22 programme was killed off?

It was both political and financial. With so few units made, the unit cost was very high, and the politicians couldn't look past the current conflict. "The Taliban aren't flying fighters" - that sort of thing. So the production was limited.

But there are strong rumors that the production line may be re-opened.

F-22 Raptor Production

It was both political and financial. With so few units made, the unit cost was very high, and the politicians couldn't look past the current conflict. "The Taliban aren't flying fighters" - that sort of thing. So the production was limited.

But there are strong rumors that the production line may be re-opened.

F-22 Raptor Production

Raptors were strictly forbidden to be sold to any country outside USA..Not even an ally as close as UK...For that reason no matter how many units they had produces they hadn't made any money out...
Am i wrong here?

I saw the Raptor once in Farnborough and Man what a plane...I have to admit that although Eurofughter also claims to be as maneuverable as F-22,as they say that the largest delta canards in the world more than compensate for the Vector thrust of F-22,but i had seen both performing in the Airshow,and Raptor performed better than Eurofighter.

The production of F-22 was ahead of its time i think....and may be postponing the production for a few more years will set things right...Let the PAK-FA comeout and Raptor will have a competitor..May be China comes up with something as good in a few years..Only then F-22 will be justified..Not now.

Last edited by a moderator:
depending on congress that law may be overruled..
However its very unlikely..
Still.. the profit margin for the raptor wont even be a factor..
The A-12 line was never profitable.. yet produced a unique system unmatched by any in the world.

depending on congress that law may be overruled..
However its very unlikely..
Still.. the profit margin for the raptor wont even be a factor..
The A-12 line was never profitable.. yet produced a unique system unmatched by any in the world.

A-12 was the need of the dayas there were no or very limited spy satellites at that time..As soon as the satellite technology developed the plane was scrapped..On that analogy is the raptor the need of the day?

A-12 was the need of the dayas there were no or very limited spy satellites at that time..As soon as the satellite technology developed the plane was scrapped..On that analogy is the raptor the need of the day?

From the Military point of view I feel that raptor is required by the US to preserve it's National Interests.

The US projects it's power primarily through a superior airforce. There have been many comparisions between the Raptor and various aircraft of Russian origin.

However as far as asthetics are concerned I have always felt that US aircrafts look better than Russians

f-22-raptor-3.jpg

It very well could be..
Once the raptor's A2G capabilities come online..
It will have the ability to penetrate high threat AD networks...and strike with impunity..
Most will cite the US's current wars with rag tag rebels..
well.. here's the problem.. those rag tag rebels.. will appear everywhere..now..in places where the US may not have friendly relations..where America cannot just plow through..
In time critical strikes...it may be needed to cross hostile airspace..preferably undetected..that is where the raptor comes in.
The block 30 raptor will be a very effective silver bullet.

Raptors were strictly forbidden to be sold to any country outside USA..Not even an ally as close as UK...For that reason no matter how many units they had produces they hadn't made any money out...
Am i wrong here?..
you certainly are sir. there is no price for absolute Air dominance, F-117, B-2 and F-22 were conceived decades ago, with one purpose only and that my friend was not to make money out of it...:usflag:

The production of F-22 was ahead of its time i think.....
every war plane that rolls out of the USA its always ahead of its time..:usflag: russia and china always play catch up...

Verymuch interested to see the PAK FA performance, where will it stand in the list, along with F-22, or in between F-22 & F-35.

Hopefully, will come to know in a couple of year.

I think the point was made well that these aircraft are not made to make a profit... they are made for the USAF and USN. Any foreign sales help reduce the tax burden to the U.S. people, and help support allies, but those are not the primary goals.

you certainly are sir. there is no price for absolute Air dominance, F-117, B-2 and F-22 were conceived decades ago, with one purpose only and that my friend was not to make money out of it...:usflag:

every war plane that rolls out of the USA its always ahead of its time..:usflag: russia and china always play catch up...

In America everything is done for money. That is the basis of a Capitalist system. It may not plan to generate money through sale of these aircrafts but it does plan to use these aircrafts to maintain its military dominance which in turn ensures that the dollar remains the global currency which in turn ensures that money keeps pouring in. In America one way or the other it is all about money.

Back
Top Bottom