What's new

F-16s aren't over yet: U.S. Air Force opens new F-16 production line for foreign military sales

12847726-939e-4ba5-bc07-d60e5036bf9b.png

Is this image new? The 2-seater does not appear to have a spine

EDIT: Fourth one from below does have one :tup:
No it's not new as it even appeared in an article dating back to 2017.

sure , now save your tough words for your Myanmar and the 1 million refugees you took from it. what are you exactly doing on PDF it’s hardly worth any news from you south East Asians

Lmao you don't even know your geography claiming Bangladesh which is a South Asian nation to a South East Asian nation.

Do you really want me to bring up both Pakistan's and Bangladesh's GDP let alone GDP per capita

Lmao you don't even know your geography claiming Bangladesh which is a South Asian nation to a South East Asian nation.

Do you really want me to bring up both Pakistan's and Bangladesh's GDP let alone GDP per capita

my estimation of your country is okay reader’s on here knew exactly what I was saying, so I lazily didn’t need to be accurate as it makes no difference to your out look.

your comparison with us. Does not work, what ever you think you got with you . And what is it with your capital Dhaka so run down like your cities and you want to argue with a Pakistani 1000d miles away. Numbers game ……………

my estimation of your country is okay reader’s on here knew exactly what I was saying, so I lazily didn’t need to be accurate as it makes no difference to your out look.

your comparison with us. Does not work, what ever you think you got with you . And what is it with your capital Dhaka so run down like your cities and you want to argue with a Pakistani 1000d miles away. Numbers game ……………

Buddy your English is not comprehensible :omghaha:

US Airforce need to replace F-15's and also old F-16's. It is most likely that F-16 will be ordered other wise there were reports regarding almost 1500 aircraft need to be replace for whichF-36 King snake was being advertised as replacement.

US Airforce need to replace F-15's and also old F-16's. It is most likely that F-16 will be ordered other wise there were reports regarding almost 1500 aircraft need to be replace for whichF-36 King snake was being advertised as replacement.

There was something experimental called the F-16XL with cranked-arrow delta wing, which was not developed any further after one platform in the early eighties (lost out to F-15E). It did have a much higher loadout than the regular model.

Today with a more powerful F110 engine (also more reliable) and conformal tanks, this thing would be a worthy platform.

915px-F-16_and_F-16XL_aerial_top_down_view.jpg

Bz_gO4DyiVfYvE22_wZZvyUzyhVlpNT8FQjP6crfgo0.jpg

Last edited:
There was something experimental called the F-16XL with cranked-arrow delta wing, which was not developed any further after one platform in the early eighties (lost out to F-15E). It did have a much higher loadout than the regular model.

Today with a more powerful F110 engine (also more reliable) and conformal tanks, this thing would be a worthy platform.

915px-F-16_and_F-16XL_aerial_top_down_view.jpg

Bz_gO4DyiVfYvE22_wZZvyUzyhVlpNT8FQjP6crfgo0.jpg
looks hideous compared to normal F-16 , thankfully this design wasn't adopted

looks hideous compared to normal F-16 , thankfully this design wasn't adopted

By that definition, the SAAB J35 Draken (Dragon) - which was Gripen's Grand Daddy in the Swedish fighter hierarchy was also hideous. (Lansen->Draken->Viggen->Gripen).

But get this, Draken was developed in 1955! Yes- 1955. I think it was way too advanced for the world, no country other than Sweden could afford it. Design of small profile intakes, lifting body structure, supercritical type thin outer wing a la F104 starfighter, all trailblazing features for its day.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and sometimes practicality wins over beauty. Though Gripen is now a lot smaller than either Daddy or Grandpa.

Draken
1024px-J_35F_1972_%28cropped%29.jpg

Viggen
iu

Gripen
gripen_e_39-10-10.jpg

By that definition, the SAAB J35 Draken (Dragon) - which was Gripen's Grand Daddy in the Swedish fighter hierarchy was also hideous. (Lansen->Draken->Viggen->Gripen).

But get this, Draken was developed in 1955! Yes- 1955. I think it was way too advanced for the world, no country other than Sweden could afford it. Design of small profile intakes, lifting body structure, supercritical type thin outer wing a la F104 starfighter, all trailblazing features for its day.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and sometimes practicality wins over beauty. Though Gripen is now a lot smaller than either Daddy or Grandpa.

Draken
1024px-J_35F_1972_%28cropped%29.jpg

Viggen
iu

Gripen
gripen_e_39-10-10.jpg
soviet aviation has always looked better than the competition
1621814534981.png

1621814579781.png

1621814612032.png

Back
Top Bottom