What's new

F-16 VS F-15

First of all you can't compare them or choose one of 'em. It's like Nebraska or Texas? But both are very good aircraft. F-15 is for Air Superiority. And the F-16 is a multirole fighter. If you really wanna compare them, my opinion would be this; F-15 is a 4th gen. fighter, but F-16I and F-16 Block 52+s are classified as 4,5th gen. Fighter, anyway think about what would happen if these Vipers and S Eagles co-operate together against iran,syria or even russia? They will wipe out their everything at once I guess. (Daddy's an enlisted in USAF)

you sure you will wipe out the flankers in once

So F-16 is better in air to ground compared to F-15.
F-15A/C is pure air superiority fighter very very limited air to ground.
F-15E is very strong air to ground, but in 95% of missions its overkill.

Yes definitly. Even if not, F-22&F35 would handle it. Pilot skills are another point mate. Don't forget that ;) :)

what missile does the f-15 use that f-16 cant use that makes it superior?

As everybody said F15 got speed, altitude, range, weapon load , better avionics advantage, It is America 's primary air superiority fighter ,even today because F22 is not yet produced big numbers and are not war proven unlike F15. And I forgot to mention it is an excellent dog fighter also.
Now F16 is produced as a cost effective option..and later developed into multi role fighter. in other words f16 is America's jf17 but when it is with Pakistan it is their F15.

both aircraft have the own role and price tag for the where built to do to use less to compare these to the whole program started with two fighter one air superiority role and the other on which can perform the sale role cheaper can be built in large and may i remind the F16 is the best & successful program in military history.

To really dumb it down....

1. You have to transport a family member from your house to a place 1 km away, you may decide to use a bike.
2. You have to transport 2 family member from your house to a place 1 km away, you may decide to use a car.
3. You have to transport 2 family member from your house to a place 20 kms away, with lots of luggage you may use MUV.
4. You have to transport 2 family members from your house to a doorstep 500 kms away, you may use a radio taxi.

Its more to do with requirement. You can do point 2 with pont 1, but you will need to do it twice or you need 2 riders. And so on...hope this simplifies it?

I'm fairly sure that F-16 is more agile than F-15.

Not exactly, the F-15 and the F-16 are not designed to be a vs. comparison. These two compliment each other and form the USAF's Hi-Lo (or Hi-Mid) tier. The F-22's designed was based on F-15's characteristics.

F-15 is designed only for air dominance (with the exception of F-15E), it is supposed to fly high, use its bigger radar and other EM suites and kill the enemy from long distances (its replacement is F-22 so they both do the same thing in their times). At the time the F-15 was being introduced, the USAF had F-4, F-111, F-14 and F-15's. As you can see, these are ALL heavy duty jets. Good to form the top tier but hard to deal with more agile jets like Mig-21, 23, 29, Mirage F1, etc.

Then the F-16 was primarily designed to counter the small Russian armada using Migs and other proliferated copies of Mirage, etc. The primary goal was agility and multirole as Migs were small and very agile.

So from a core designs perspective, these two jets compliment each other and shouldn't really be compared. However, the US didn't want to whole sale F-15 as it formed the High tier of the USAF. The F-16 became an international history and thus, the need came to constantly advancing this plane as it was facing Mirage 2000, Mig 29, etc with more advance avionics. As a result, you saw constant advancements to the F-16 as it became a cash making cow vs. the F-15. Which was already above the capability standards.

Post 2000, if you compare both, the evolution in semi conductor industry's made advanced avionics with smaller sizes so both the planes have somewhat the same capabilities. The exceptions are, F-16's true mufti-role capability, its agility, current avionics and an excellent man-machine interface.

While the F-15 saw less of the 'so many upgrades' to the F-15's. But these jets were upgraded to house state of the art avionics. It has long detection and radar range and bigger bvr payload (unless you want the F-16 to carry bvrs on all stations to compete the weapon carrying capability in an AA engagement. F-15's do enjoy longer detect-track range, longer endurance, higher speed due to twin turbines and advanced electronics suite

They were both designed with different roles in mind, and working as a team, f15 heavy air-superiority and f16 as light-weight multi-role combat fighter doing an excellent job.

Before i used to think f-15 was way way ahead of F-16 however upon reading more i found that actually its not much behind and even some say its as good as F-15 . So i wanted to ask which is better overall after looking at includes costs, upkeep etc

150911_Tuaf-F-16_for-Israel.jpg

f15_eagle.jpg

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

To really dumb it down....

1. You have to transport a family member from your house to a place 1 km away, you may decide to use a bike.
2. You have to transport 2 family member from your house to a place 1 km away, you may decide to use a car.
3. You have to transport 2 family member from your house to a place 20 kms away, with lots of luggage you may use MUV.
4. You have to transport 2 family members from your house to a doorstep 500 kms away, you may use a radio taxi.

Its more to do with requirement. You can do point 2 with pont 1, but you will need to do it twice or you need 2 riders. And so on...hope this simplifies it?

You have just committed a cardinal sin here, just take the SU30MK"I" out of this list or be ready for the swarm of indians......
you see SU30MKI is not a jet fighter, its a god........

First of all you can't compare them or choose one of 'em. It's like Nebraska or Texas? But both are very good aircraft. F-15 is for Air Superiority. And the F-16 is a multirole fighter. If you really wanna compare them, my opinion would be this; F-15 is a 4th gen. fighter, but F-16I and F-16 Block 52+s are classified as 4,5th gen. Fighter, anyway think about what would happen if these Vipers and S Eagles co-operate together against iran,syria or even russia? They will wipe out their everything at once I guess. (Daddy's an enlisted in USAF)

Array jet fighters ki baat mein riksahy taxian kahan say lay aya?

Ab ismein kya problem dikha? Bahut complicated tha kya? :rofl:

F-16 is so good in WVR n BVR both it's manueverability is far better than f-15 it's faster with 11hardpoint's it's great multirole aircraft in low cost......

Both have different roles and are designed to complement each other

F-15 has air to air superiority
F-16 is better in air to ground

When Israel attacked Iraqi nuclear reactor a mixed bag of F-15 and F-16s were used
F-16s did the bombing while F-15 provided air cover

almost impossible to compare with each other

As everybody said F15 got speed, altitude, range, weapon load , better avionics advantage, It is America 's primary air superiority fighter ,even today because F22 is not yet produced big numbers and are not war proven unlike F15. And I forgot to mention it is an excellent dog fighter also.
Now F16 is produced as a cost effective option..and later developed into multi role fighter. in other words f16 is America's jf17 but when it is with Pakistan it is their F15.
haha... patay ki baat ki hay yaar

F-15 has 2 engine, f16 only one:)

At the first time F-16 block a-b was verry poor , thats why f-15 and f-18 we have.

Now block 60 f-16 great fighter.

.223rem(5,56x45mm) or .308win(7,62x51mm)????

9x19mm or 40sw??

if you have one of this caliber, it is enough the stopped for the human from 400m.

In my opinion, if you are peacefull country and you have in army f-16 block a-b-c it is enough for you.:)

if you are sometimes agressor , f-16 block 50-60 enough for you.:)

but you are have agressor enemy you have keep f-16 with f-15.

if you are alot of money f16-f15 with f18 for you.

I think two fighter also more reliable than Russians technology.

Back
Top Bottom