What's new

Expo Pakistan 2013

Arsalan

THINK TANK CHAIRMAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Expo Pakistan is the biggest trade fair in Pakistan, showcasing the largest collection of Pakistan's export merchandise and services. Foreign exhibitors, from neighboring countries, also use this platform to launch their products. Held annually in the month of September, the four day Expo Pakistan has become the primary sourcing point for a large number of businesses worldwide, giving them a head start on the buying and ordering for coming.

First held in 2005, the success of last Expo Pakistan in 2012 was manifested by the participation of a large number of local and foreign buyers who settled business deals estimated at US$ 518million as compared to deals estimated at US$ 80 million, the year before.

Expo Pakistan 2013 Home

Buyers from 70 countries likely to visit Expo Pakistan

Despite security concerns, the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) expects to play host to the biggest number of foreign buyers in Expo Pakistan 2013 – a flagship annual event that showcases ‘Made in Pakistan’ products for foreign visitors.

The organisers appear confident and say that more than 1,000 buyers from 70 countries will come to the event, which will be inaugurated by President Mamnoon Hussain on September 25 in Karachi.

“World economy has seen major changes over the last few years. Increase in cost of production in developed economies has pushed their manufacturers to either buy products or produce them in developing countries,” TDAP Secretary and Acting Chairman Rabia Javeri Agha said while talking to the media at the TDAP head office here on Friday.

In the last few years, Pakistani products, especially textile and food categories, had attracted a lot of attention from the Far East and Southeast Asia and that was why a large number of buyers were coming from these regions, she said.

For More: Buyers from 70 countries likely to visit Expo Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Poland to send biggest trade team in Expo Pakistan
Poland is all set to send biggest trade delegation from Europe to the Expo Pakistan 2013, which is scheduled to be held in Karachi from September 26, a statement said on Friday.

As many as 45 Polish companies are taking part in the Expo Pakistan. This year as a special gesture Andrzej Arendarski, president of the Polish Chambers of Commerce, the apex trade body of Poland, is leading the delegation.

Zulfiqar Younas, commercial counsellor embassy of Pakistan in Warsaw, Poland, said that the Polish participation in the last two fairs in 2011 and 2012 was also unmatched from Europe.

Arendarski’s visit will also be his reciprocal visit in response to the visit of the president of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) to Poland in 2008 undertaken under the framework of a memorandum of understanding between the KIG and FPCCI.

The delegation also includes president of Krakow Chamber of Commerce (one of the premier trade chambers in South of Poland) and other influential Polish businessmen.

Poland, a member of NATO, EU, OECD and Visegrad Group or V4, is the sixth largest European economy poised to soon become fifth largest. The country is also part of the Schengen Union, thus, allowing free movement of people within Schengen area.

Pakistan’s trade with Poland has witnessed a quantum leap of over 300 percent since Poland’s joining of the EU from $65.25 million in 2004 to $235 million in 2012. Pakistan has trade surplus with Poland as two-thirds is exports and one-third is imports.

Poland to send biggest trade team in Expo Pakistan - thenews.com.pk

Even in such bad time this is a good effort by TDAP to organize an event at this scale. I will be participating in the exhibition and will keep the thread update. For me, even a midiocre respose to this fair by foreigh buyers will be a great success and will help the industry in thiese difficult times. Have been getting good response from different visitiors and hope this will be a good experience.

Will keep the thread updated

good :tup: I have bought Pakistani products here in Delhi IITF, Pakistani Pavillion attracts many buyers

Fuc**ng GOP needs to provide full proof security to deligations upto such expo……
If this time something happen to anyone here i will chop N.S and have my kebabs in expo stall……:butcher::guns:

Its a good initiative and hopefully will result in some much needed trade opportunities for Pakistan.

Fuc**ng GOP needs to provide full proof security to deligations upto such expo……
If this time something happen to anyone here i will chop N.S and have my kebabs in expo stall……:butcher::guns:

Well Allah Bahtir kray. As far as the security measures are concerned, the fair wont be open to general public for first three days and we the exhibitors have to report 2 days before the fair for security clearance etc.
It have been happening for quite some time, i was there in 2011, 2012 and found the security measure as good as it can get. Baki Allah khair kray. :)

I hope this year will be better then the last one measuring from the response of buyers/visitors that i have got. Also the confirmed visitors are from all over the world including USA, Brazil, Chile, European countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Germany, UK, Spain, and many more. South African delegates are also confirmed as always and many more countries. I personally know many officers of TDAP and can guarantee that TDAP is one of the most hard working and efficient government institutes in Pakistan. Hope every thing goes well.

Well Allah Bahtir kray. As far as the security measures are concerned, the fair wont be open to general public for first three days and we the exhibitors have to report 2 days before the fair for security clearance etc.
It have been happening for quite some time, i was there in 2011, 2012 and found the security measure as good as it can get. Baki Allah khair kray. :)

I hope this year will be better then the last one measuring from the response of buyers/visitors that i have got. Also the confirmed visitors are from all over the world including USA, Brazil, Chile, European countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Germany, UK, Spain, and many more. South African delegates are also confirmed as always and many more countries. I personally know many officers of TDAP and can guarantee that TDAP is one of the most hard working and efficient government institutes in Pakistan. Hope every thing goes well.

Don't you think LHR would have been a better choice owing to security concerns ? Specially now that LHR has its own Expo center.

174.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Was so busy in the exhibition that i was not able to keep the thread updates as promised. Now i have got back and with share with you guys the details.

@Arsalan, bro, you an exporter?

Yes

Don't you think LHR would have been a better choice owing to security concerns ? Specially now that LHR has its own Expo center.

Raised the point in meetings with TDAP. There stand is that Karachi is a much bigger city and foreigners still feel better coming there. Also they point out that there are not enough 5 star hotels in Lahore compared to Karachi so this is another reason. Personally i do not agree much with either of these. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom