What's new

Exclusive photo of 2nd Egyptian Gowind 2500 corvette

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Exclusive photo For the 2nd Egyptian Gowind 2500 corvette in Alexandria shipyard .

DXPUw1kXcAAlOkX.jpg

2 Spanish Corvettes + 4 Gowind (Hopefully, 2 more) + 1 South Korean Pohang-Class (used, but still... A good addition).

I think we need much more corvettes... We should also start building our own Fast attack crafts and corvettes very soon.

I say, if some of the remaining Pohang corvettes are in a good condition, we buy and cooperate with South Korea itself (Or any other nation) to do any needed modernization of life-extending fixes. We should also look for more Modern-stealthy and agile medium and big corvettes... Let it be Western, Korean, Chinese, Turkish, or even Indian... But again TOT is extremely important.

I am sure Corvettes are not the No 1 priority now in the Navy... More Modern and capable Subs and frigates are far more important, I guess... In the end, and after decommissioning of the aging Romeo-Class Subs, 4 Subs are not really enough, even if they are German... Don't know, we'll probably buy a few Russian subs, I don't think we'll go for another 2 or 4 German (or even French Scorpene) Subs... Although, assuming we have the funds, and that we would had already more deals with France, 4 or 6 or 8 French subs with partial TOT would be great, Like India did I think, but it would be extremely expensive and hard ... And, I am sure we will be wanting even more Frigates in the coming 10 to 15 years... Those American Frigates, even if stayed in service for much more time, will be a good spearhead in the future modern wars.

Exclusive photo For the 2nd Egyptian Gowind 2500 corvette in Alexandria shipyard .

DXPUw1kXcAAlOkX.jpg

It says:
The dream has become a reality
60 days left..

Which means it will be completed in 2 months..

2 Spanish Corvettes + 4 Gowind (Hopefully, 2 more) + 1 South Korean Pohang-Class (used, but still... A good addition).

I think we need much more corvettes... We should also start building our own Fast attack crafts and corvettes very soon.

I say, if some of the remaining Pohang corvettes are in a good condition, we buy and cooperate with South Korea itself (Or any other nation) to do any needed modernization of life-extending fixes. We should also look for more Modern-stealthy and agile medium and big corvettes... Let it be Western, Korean, Chinese, Turkish, or even Indian... But again TOT is extremely important.

I am sure Corvettes are not the No 1 priority now in the Navy... More Modern and capable Subs and frigates are far more important, I guess... In the end, and after decommissioning of the aging Romeo-Class Subs, 4 Subs are not really enough, even if they are German... Don't know, we'll probably buy a few Russian subs, I don't think we'll go for another 2 or 4 German (or even French Scorpene) Subs... Although, assuming we have the funds, and that we would had already more deals with France, 4 or 6 or 8 French subs with partial TOT would be great, Like India did I think, but it would be extremely expensive and hard ... And, I am sure we will be wanting even more Frigates in the coming 10 to 15 years... Those American Frigates, even if stayed in service for much more time, will be a good spearhead in the future modern wars.

If they pumped this one out so quickly, you would think the next 2 under contract will get built even quicker, right? Time to increase the number to 6 ships like they were talking about and maybe even more if possible.
Need a bunch of those deadly beasts for all the waters around Egypt.

If they pumped this one out so quickly, you would think the next 2 under contract will get built even quicker, right? Time to increase the number to 6 ships like they were talking about and maybe even more if possible.
Need a bunch of those deadly beasts for all the waters around Egypt.
Indeed, the option should be exercised.. and maybe more.. this Ship is getting all over the ME.. the UAE got some 2+2 and KSA too 5..with 3 to be made locally..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom