What's new

Everything wrong with Top Gun 2

Solidify

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With reality check this American Tomcat pilot/Youtuber has made realistic video on Fake Top Gun 2 movie dog fights stunts which are explained in detail why they're fake with real simulators analysis.

When people go to the movies, they INSTINCTIVELY turn off their brains for a few hrs. Not because they are stupid, but because they know they are watching something fictional. Videos like this are good and informative up to a point. But using them in trying to score hits against US is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
When people go to the movies, they INSTINCTIVELY turn off their brains for a few hrs. Not because they are stupid, but because they know they are watching something fictional. Videos like this are good and informative up to a point. But using them in trying to score hits against US is just plain stupid.
Movie would have called Top Gun: JASSM. How it should have ended.

JASSM_Missile.jpeg

This movie has a 2nd gen (?) fighter beating a 5th gen fighter in a dogfight.
It's just not happening.

It's just not happening.
See post 4. When I was active duty, my first assignment was the F-111. I can write a storyline where the F-111 can outsmart any so-called '5th-gen' fighter. People need to relax. :rolleyes:

It's just not happening.
4th gen = F-14
5th gen = Su-57

Two American Top Gun pilots steal an F-14 and use the element of surprise to their advantage to knock out one of the Su-57. Then the real fight begins and it is quiet intense. Both fight at visual range so whatever advantage Su-57 had in sensors does not amount to much.

Watch this:

It comes down to pilots eventually.

There is more but then I will be spoiling the movie too much.

The American commander said that the enemy has leveled the playing field with Su-57. 5th gen mantra was to rile up the audience.

Some people have trouble understanding the story.

Iranian defenses = exaggerated
American strike options = limited

What is the fuss about? Fight like this would be much shorter in real life. Movie clip will be like 15 minutes long?

People need to remember this is a movie. That's fake, because nobody want to see the real stuff, because real war, believe it or not, is boring.

I can also start a YT channel and comment on "Everything wrong with XYZ war movie" I mean, every movie has them, even the one you civvies considered accurate like Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down. That's just the way it goes.

What's wrong with Top Gun 2 is someone on Youtube start a video talking about what's wrong with Top Gun 2...

4th gen = F-14
5th gen = Su-57

Two American Top Gun pilots steal an F-14 and use the element of surprise to their advantage to knock out one of the Su-57. Then the real fight begins and it is quiet intense. Both fight at visual range so whatever advantage Su-57 had in sensors does not amount to much.

Watch this:

It comes down to pilots eventually.

There is more but then I will be spoiling the movie too much.

The American commander said that the enemy has leveled the playing field with Su-57. 5th gen mantra was to rile up the audience.

Some people have trouble understanding the story.

Iranian defenses = exaggerated
American strike options = limited

What is the fuss about? Fight like this would be much shorter in real life. Movie clip will be like 15 minutes long?
I personally have no fuss since the movie itself doesn't try to make the dogfight too seriously, it's just Hollywood explosion and cool spectacle.

Just saying it shouldn't be touted as "realistic" by anyone...

People need to remember this is a movie. That's fake, because nobody want to see the real stuff, because real war, believe it or not, is boring.

I can also start a YT channel and comment on "Everything wrong with XYZ war movie" I mean, every movie has them, even the one you civvies considered accurate like Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down. That's just the way it goes.

What's wrong with Top Gun 2 is someone on Youtube start a video talking about what's wrong with Top Gun 2...

Only good war movie was Platoon.

There are a few good military movies out there, if you are talking about the most accurate military movie, then Platoon is probably still a mile off.

Nam vets say it was the closet to the real deal, plus I liked how they didn’t try to glorify war. These Chris Kyle navy seal sniper cowboy flicks are just feel good movies for your average retarded 9-5 American.

When watching Platoon, even that mosquito buzzing was so relatable as a Pakistani that’s never been to war. :lol:

Nam vets say it was the closet to the real deal, plus I liked how they didn’t try to glorify war. These Chris Kyle navy seal sniper cowboy flicks are just feel good movies for your average retarded 9-5 American.

When watching Platoon, even that mosquito buzzing was so relatable as a Pakistani that’s never been to war. :lol:
It's the same deal WW2 vet think Saving Private Ryan is the closest they can get back to the real deal. Not saying they are not realistic enough, just not comparable to the real deal.

On the other hand, I will say Hamberger Hill is probably more realistic than Platoon..

Do you consider the average Pakistani 'retarded' as well?

Back
Top Bottom