What's new

‘Everything is easier in dictatorships’: Ski boss oddly commends China on 2022 Olympics

Its true in a way. Do you think any democracy in the world can have this level of unusually fast growth?
you want to build a highway you build it without spending years in getting land and environmental clearence and permissions etc.

You set up a new plant and force 1000 people to work at minimum wages.

All this is not possible in a democratic country.
Indian wage is 3 times less yet they can't get things done. Not all authoratarian states are efficient, only east Asians and European types are.

We are extremely happy with 'our way'. Period.
We deeply admire Chinese Growth, But we dont need to Follow the SAME path .. Our Problems.. our Unique Solutions.

Take Indian Space Program as an Example. We re far far behind NASA or Chinese Space Achievements. True.
But, We still have achieved what many western nations have not - Infact we Reached mars in FIRST Attempt.
Now, That doesn't demonstrate that we are 'superior' to any one, but merely the fact that we can think of UNIQUE approaches and .. It can and will be different than the path taken by China or US.

maxresdefault.jpg

Take another Example, Thorium based Nuclear Reactors ( India's 3 Stage Program ) and fast breeder Reactors.
We have Marvell this technology and are speeding ahead to device an Entirely new Method to feed a billion population.

Once again, we did not follow the west or China, but devised our own Path to achieve our unique goals.

Ad we will continue to do so in future.

I will love to have a 'slow' growth rather getting kidneys removed in Prison.
Humans Must be given their basic Right - To Live.

Besides, Before you mention "India" , please understand the Liberty of getting news from a "Free Press" ( for minor / major events in India ) which means a HUGE Difference.

How can we even compare the two when we know almost nothing about what happens INSIDE China ?
It's not even completed after so many deadlines. How much you want to bet China will get there first?

It's not even completed after so many deadlines. How much you want to bet China will get there first?

Can you please show the corresponding achievements by the Chinese in the field you talking about.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can you please show the corresponding achievements by the Chinese in the field you talking about.

Thank you.
Go Google Chinese fast reactor and thorium reactor. As for your MARS program, it's a PSLV and a Chadrayaan based probe, primitive by Chinese standards, ever wonder why China is not there? Use some common sense.

Go Google Chinese fast reactor and thorium reactor.

Please Enlighten me over how "China is Better". Period.
You claimed something. Prove it.

As for your MARS program, it's a PSLV and a Chadrayaan based probe, primitive by Chinese standards, ever wonder why China is not there? Use some common sense.

The SAME Applies to EVERY SINGLE Chinese Mission. By US and Russian and Eurpoean Standards you are No where.

So What ? Should we undermine Chinese Achievements ? I dont think so.

Besides, When you talk about India, Dont you think Getting in the Martian Orbit in FIRST ATTEMPT ( The first Chinese mission to Mars called Yinghuo-1 failed ) using a super low budget is really an Achievement ?

If it was easy...why did China attempt and then Fail ?

@beijingwalker It seems the "type" of Indians you were talking about have their Chinese counterparts as well.

Please Enlighten me over how "China is Better". Period.
You claimed something. Prove it.

It's

The SAME Applies to EVERY SINGLE Chinese Mission. By US and Russian and Eurpoean Standards you are No where.

So What ? Should we undermine Chinese Achievements ? I dont think so.

Besides, When you talk about India, Dont you think Getting in the Martian Orbit in FIRST ATTEMPT ( The first Chinese mission to Mars called Yinghuo-1 failed ) using a super low budget is really an Achievement ?

If it was easy...why did China attempt and then Fail ?

@beijingwalker It seems the "type" of Indians you were talking about have their Chinese counterparts as well.
It was a Russian rocket which exploded. That rocket is many times more powerful than your primitive rocket but due to the decline in Russian space industry, the reliability decreased. There is a reason why even with superior rocket, satellite and tracking facilities, we still need until 2020 to reach Mars.

It's just plain luck, you failed in Chadrayaan 1 and hence had to prove your relevance by sending a Mars mission. Look at the amount of space technologies and exploration already done by China, we didn't even brag. Indians are so typical. ;)

I doubt you realize the most serious effort for thorium reactor is now in China.

Blind will not know how sunrise looks like nor the the deaf can relish the music. There is no point in having discussion with those ppl who have no idea what freedom is.

A goal can be reached in many ways. Some of them are tough, want to become rich you can work harder in ethical ways and make money. A corrupt can also become rich but obviously wont have any pride or honor.

We have made our choice whether it succeeds or fails we will have our honor , dignity above all freedom to choose what we want to be. As they say it is the journey that is important not the destination that matters.
Shouldn't you be at the coal mine and "ethically" lash some "free" slave children trying to survive another day in "dignity" and with "honor" digging up coal to run the plants polluting your country so their fellow countrymen can shitpost about "lack of freedom" in China with only three of five power outages per day or where you one of the more fortunated "proud" call center employees everyone hates but cheap companies still use over dumb bots just to safe that extra penny?

If China took the way of democracy, could be very likely end up as another India.
Cattle farms are efficient also, doesn't mean I want to be treated like cattle. Having rights is awesome.

No one ask you to change, on the contrary, it's Indians always ridicule China's social system on this forum, they should know that we are both happy with what we have.

i do not think anyone in the world find's fault with chinese society. there are serious questions about what your political system means for the world especially with your increasing economic power

if I replicate chinese model in an african country there is a good chance I will fail. there lies the dilemma

Right now. Chinese communist dictatorship have a more functioning government than UK, France, Australia or United States. He he he

Hitler had a brutal efficient & functional regime too. the trains to the gas chambers ran on schedule.
Be careful what you wish for

Cattle farms are efficient also, doesn't mean I want to be treated like cattle. Having rights is awesome.
Cattle farms are efficient especially in the west. They have one thing at least that's very efficient, killings.

Cattle farms are efficient especially in the west. They have one thing at least that's very efficient, killings.
The chinese take the organs of those who disagree with the ccp, reminds me of a slaughter house.

The chinese take the organs of those who disagree with the ccp, reminds me of a slaughter house.
China takes people's heads and puts them on animal bodies, I honestly heard some westerners told me that.

The problem for the westerners is just like you, so brainwashed but not knowing you are.

The biggest flaw in western democracy is the politicians from the government and oppositions generally have policies and planning in short time frame (5 to 10 years), and focus mostly on staying in power and strategy to win the next general election. They hardly take any serious afford planning for the next 50 or 100 years.

In contrast, in China, emperors and presidents of current and past administrations in the past millenniums thinks and plans ahead for the next century. There is a continuation on the grand planning that was stormed brained several decades ago, and fine tuning every few years to ensure the goal is not deviated. This is something impossible for a western democracy to achieve.

The so-called "dictator" of today must mind the welfare of the people, just as the bygone emperors. Anyone who forfeit the welfare of the poor masses and protect the riches will share the same fates of those who fell under violence by rebellions as in written history. Just think what happened to Republic of China under Chiang Kai Shek's rule. However, the "dictator" in China seldom rules more than 2 terms (2 X 5 years term) since formation of PRC. Despite western propaganda that Xi Jin Ping will rule for life, there is no evidence that will happen.

The opening up of China and eradication of poor do not happened over night. Opening up of China was planned 40 years ago with Shenzhen village and still an on going process with new globalisation policies.

Eradication of the poor started before formation of People's Republic of China, it has some failures on the way, but 70 years later we see the fruits of that effect.

As for the freedom of the people, I feel amusing. Hundreds of millions of Chinese travel overseas each year to any destinations that they like. You can do whatever you want with your life, except do not attack the government politically. In truth majority of people don't even think seriously in politics. ( What would happen to you if you verbally abused Saudi government while in Saudi Arabia, also what happen if you verbally abused Islam while in Pakistan and other Islamic countries? Or abuse the Hindu gods in India?)

People just want to live happily with good life. If your government can provide these, why complain or even want to change to Western democracy plagued with lots of problems for common people and protect the few filthy rich. Taiwan represent a bad example of western democracy where politicians only planned for today instead of tomorrow, and the people are now suffering with no economic progress in sight.

Last edited:
China takes people's heads and puts them on animal bodies, I honestly heard some westerners told me that.

The problem for the westerners is just like you, so brainwashed but not knowing you are.
Would that be surprising with a police state with no accountability? Makes the US government look good I feel bad for you people. Now you want to spread authoritarianism throughout the world.

The biggest flaw in western democracy is the politicians from the government and oppositions generally have policies and planning in short time frame (5 to 10 years), and focus mostly on staying in power and strategy to win the next general election. They hardly take any serious afford planning for the next 50 or 100 years.

In contrast, in China, emperors and presidents of current and past administrations in the past millenniums thinks and plans ahead for the next century. There is a continuation on the grand planning that was stormed brained several decades ago, and fine tuning every few years to ensure the goal is not deviated. This is something impossible for a western democracy to achieve.

The so-called "dictator" of today must mind the welfare of the people, just as the bygone emperors. Anyone who forfeit the welfare of the poor masses and protect the riches will share the same fates of those who fell under violence by rebellions as in written history. Just think what happened to Republic of China under Chiang Kai Shek's rule. However, the "dictator" in China seldom rules more than 2 terms (2 X 5 years term) since formation of PRC. Despite western propaganda that Xi Jin Ping will rule for life, there is no evidence that will happen.

The opening up of China and eradication of poor do not happened over night. Opening up of China was planned 40 years ago with Shenzhen village and still an on going process with new globalisation policies.

Eradication of the poor started before formation of People's Republic of China, it has some failures on the way, but 70 years later we see the fruits of that effect.

As for the freedom of the people, I feel amusing. Hundreds of millions of Chinese travel overseas each year to any destinations that they like. You can do whatever you want with your life, except do not attack the government politically. In truth majority of people don't even think seriously in politics. ( What would happen to you if you verbally abused Saudi government while in Saudi Arabia, also what happen if you verbally abused Islam while in Pakistan and other Islamic countries? Or abuse the Hindu gods in India?)

People just want to live happily with good life. If your government can provide these, why complain or even want to change to Western democracy plagued with lots of problems for common people and protect the few filthy rich. Taiwan represent a bad example of western democracy where politicians only planned for today instead of tomorrow, and the people are now suffering with no economic progress in sight.

Yes chinese are the perfect tools for a government with no accountability. What could go wrong?

Would that be surprising with a police state with no accountability? Makes the US government look good I feel bad for you people. Now you want to spread authoritarianism throughout the world.
US has the world largest inmate population and your police shoot and kill thousands every year, US is the world only true " police state", no one else can even come lose to claim this title.

Back
Top Bottom