What's new

European court fines Turkey in the case of Kurdish boy slain by police

Bahoz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Another example of Turkey state terror against the Kurdish minority. Kurds have been saying this for years without EU taking them seriously. Fortunately there is an independant legal body within EU which can bring forth the truth and justice in this situation. Ugur Kaymaz was 12 years old but his body was impailed by 13 bullets.

Utanc-Muzesi-Secmeler-_ugur_kaymaz22.jpg

European court fines Turkey in the case of boy slain by police

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) yesterday fined Turkey a total of 143,000 euros in a case regarding the 2004 killings of Ahmet and Uğur Kaymaz.

Ahmet Kaymaz and his 12-year-old son, Uğur, were shot dead by the police while walking along a street in the southeastern province of Mardin’s Kızıltepe district Nov. 21, 2004.

The ECHR ruled Turkey had breached “the right to life,” the “prohibition of inhuman or degrading treatment” and “prohibition of discrimination” following the applications of Emine, Makbule and Reşat Kaymaz, wife, mother and brother of Ahmet Kaymaz, respectively. They were accusing the police of deliberately killing their relatives and criticized the Turkish authorities for failing to conduct an effective investigation into the deaths.

The ECHR ruling included just satisfaction, pecuniary damage, non-pecuniary damage and court-related expenses, which totaled 143,000 euros.

The case concerned the death of the father and son in the context of an anti-terrorist operation. “Following an anonymous denunciation to the effect that numerous armed and suspicious individuals had gone to a certain address, the home of A. Kaymaz, was placed under surveillance. On Nov. 21, 2004, A. Kaymaz and his son were shot near their home,” the ruling said.

On Nov. 26, 2004, Reşat Kaymaz filed a complaint against the police officers concerned, accusing them of deliberately killing the victims. In December 2004, an indictment was issued against four police officers for homicide resulting from the use of lethal force in circumstances that went beyond the context of self-defense. In a judgment from 2007, they were acquitted by the court and the applicants appealed on points of law. They alleged in particular that the officers’ statements had been incoherent, their weapons had not been seized and no reconstitution of the scene had been carried out. Their appeal was dismissed in 2009. In the meantime, an administrative investigation was also opened.

The investigators found it necessary, however, to wait for the outcome of the criminal proceedings. No information has been transmitted to the court as to the subsequent conduct of the investigation.

The case caused great outrage, which led to the young boy becoming a symbol of the abuse of Turkish security forces in the southeast. It has become known as the “13 bullets trial,” as the 12-year-old was shot a total of 13 times by the police.

In a separate ruling, the ECHR fined Turkey 11,500 euros in a case regarding Alican Demir.

Demir, 27, said in his complaint he had been kept in custody after the date from which he had been entitled by law to be released on probation, because the Turkish courts had not yet ruled on another part of the proceedings.

Relying on the article on the right to liberty and security, Demir argued he should have been released on probation and complained about the length of his detention.

The court decided to examine the case also under the right to have lawfulness of detention decided hastily by a court.

European court fines Turkey in the case of boy slain by police - RIGHTS

Any Turks in here who would bother comment on this? Or are we playing three monkeys game?

3monkeys.jpg

If it turns out to be a true crime, then I'm sure they will condemn it.

But it appears to me that you're the one who predicts bad thing before it happens :lol:
Any Turks in here who would bother comment on this? Or are we playing three monkeys game?

3monkeys.jpg

Another example of Turkey state terror against the Kurdish minority. Kurds have been saying this for years without EU taking them seriously. Fortunately there is an independant legal body within EU which can bring forth the truth and justice in this situation. Ugur Kaymaz was 12 years old but his body was impailed by 13 bullets.

Utanc-Muzesi-Secmeler-_ugur_kaymaz22.jpg

European court fines Turkey in the case of boy slain by police

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) yesterday fined Turkey a total of 143,000 euros in a case regarding the 2004 killings of Ahmet and Uğur Kaymaz.

Ahmet Kaymaz and his 12-year-old son, Uğur, were shot dead by the police while walking along a street in the southeastern province of Mardin’s Kızıltepe district Nov. 21, 2004.

The ECHR ruled Turkey had breached “the right to life,” the “prohibition of inhuman or degrading treatment” and “prohibition of discrimination” following the applications of Emine, Makbule and Reşat Kaymaz, wife, mother and brother of Ahmet Kaymaz, respectively. They were accusing the police of deliberately killing their relatives and criticized the Turkish authorities for failing to conduct an effective investigation into the deaths.

The ECHR ruling included just satisfaction, pecuniary damage, non-pecuniary damage and court-related expenses, which totaled 143,000 euros.

The case concerned the death of the father and son in the context of an anti-terrorist operation. “Following an anonymous denunciation to the effect that numerous armed and suspicious individuals had gone to a certain address, the home of A. Kaymaz, was placed under surveillance. On Nov. 21, 2004, A. Kaymaz and his son were shot near their home,” the ruling said.

On Nov. 26, 2004, Reşat Kaymaz filed a complaint against the police officers concerned, accusing them of deliberately killing the victims. In December 2004, an indictment was issued against four police officers for homicide resulting from the use of lethal force in circumstances that went beyond the context of self-defense. In a judgment from 2007, they were acquitted by the court and the applicants appealed on points of law. They alleged in particular that the officers’ statements had been incoherent, their weapons had not been seized and no reconstitution of the scene had been carried out. Their appeal was dismissed in 2009. In the meantime, an administrative investigation was also opened.

The investigators found it necessary, however, to wait for the outcome of the criminal proceedings. No information has been transmitted to the court as to the subsequent conduct of the investigation.

The case caused great outrage, which led to the young boy becoming a symbol of the abuse of Turkish security forces in the southeast. It has become known as the “13 bullets trial,” as the 12-year-old was shot a total of 13 times by the police.

In a separate ruling, the ECHR fined Turkey 11,500 euros in a case regarding Alican Demir.

Demir, 27, said in his complaint he had been kept in custody after the date from which he had been entitled by law to be released on probation, because the Turkish courts had not yet ruled on another part of the proceedings.

Relying on the article on the right to liberty and security, Demir argued he should have been released on probation and complained about the length of his detention.

The court decided to examine the case also under the right to have lawfulness of detention decided hastily by a court.

European court fines Turkey in the case of boy slain by police - RIGHTS
Why were they shot at in the first place?

The Kurds are good peeps. They should have a state.

I say we give them Gaza and parts of the WB.

If it turns out to be a true crime, then I'm sure they will condemn it.

But it appears to me that you're the one who predicts bad thing before it happens :lol:

It is a true crime and this is a true judgement. You can accept it or deny it but you can not undo the crime. The crime is done.

Why were they shot at in the first place?

Why don't you tell us? Your police was not keen to tell us why they were shot at in the first place. Or why they had to use 13 bullets to kill a 13 year old in the middle of a street in Kiziltepe where there were no fightings or battles.

It is a true crime and this is a true judgement. You can accept it or deny it but you can not undo the crime. The crime is done.

Why don't you tell us? Your police was not keen to tell us why they were shot at in the first place. Or why they had to use 13 bullets to kill a 13 year old in the middle of a street in Kiziltepe where there were no fightings or battles.

I just want to know why he was shot. Maybe you can answer. I mean why would they shoot him 13 times for no reason. Even if there was a reason 13 shots was alot.

Check this thread out buddy your hands are not clean.
1959 Kirkuk Massacre of Turkmens

I just want to know why he was shot. Maybe you can answer. I mean why would they shoot him 13 times for no reason. Even if there was a reason 13 shots was alot.

Check this thread out buddy your hands are not clean.
1959 Kirkuk Massacre of Turkmens

Probably because he was a Kurdish child. Not uncommon for turkish state to kill Kurdish children: Turkish security forces blamed for killing 501st child since 1988 | World news | theguardian.com

You see that massacre was horrible and I condemn it to the fullest. Whoever did those things should be punished.
( That was not so hard was it? Are you going to condemn the massacre against Kurds aswell`?)

Probably because he was a Kurdish child. Not uncommon for turkish state to kill Kurdish children: Turkish security forces blamed for killing 501st child since 1988 | World news | theguardian.com

You see that massacre was horrible and I condemn it to the fullest. Whoever did those things should be punished.
( That was not so hard was it? Are you going to condemn the massacre against Kurds aswell`?)
The turks and kurds never had any problems untill recent times thanks to foreign powers giving support to the terrorist pkk organization. We lived together and fought together for hundreds of years and I see no reason why we can't go back to the old days. But we don't need your communist, b.s.

The turks and kurds never had any problems untill recent times thanks to foreign powers giving support to the terrorist pkk organization. We lived together and fought together for hundreds of years and I see no reason why we can't go back to the old days. But we don't need your communist, b.s.

Nah. There was never a brotherhood between us. Peaceful co existence? Well yeah. For some time. Until the arrival of the facist kemalists. If you really believe in co existance, you should be able to condemn the killing of innocent Kurds.

We were and still are brothers in islam with regard to muslim kurds. I will have to reply to your other posts later right now I am busy. also check out my thread about pyd in syria. it is in the turkish defence forum. it would be interesting to get your opinion.

We were and still are brothers in islam with regard to muslim kurds. I will have to reply to your other posts later right now I am busy. also check out my thread about pyd in syria. it is in the turkish defence forum. it would be interesting to get your opinion.

I am as Muslims as it gets. but we were never brothers sorry to say. Brothers are supposed to be equal.

You should make a difference between Kurds(in Turkey) which are our brothers and the Pkk which are scum.
Bohaz is a Pkk supporter.

Back
Top Bottom