What's new

Eurojet Promises better life cycle cost while pitching EJ200 for AMCA

samlove

Reaction score
Country
India
8a681802f2e56eb8c520956a9382bfa6.png

DRDO is hunting for a new engine which could meet requirements for its Ingeniously developed 5th generation fighter aircraft AMCA which will be ready by end of this decade to mate with a new engine and Eurojet Company behind EJ-200 engines believes it will be ideal engine for AMCA.

EJ-200 which can be considered a 4.5 generation engine currently powers Eurofighter Typhoon, after losing narrowly to Ge’s F414 engine to power Tejas MK-II aircraft, Eurojet is making all out effort to impress Indian military planners.

According to latest briefing held by Eurojet in bid to secure orders for AMCA engine requirements, Eurojet has repeatedly highlighted that rather than following conventional overhaul schedule like most contemporary engines EJ200 scores high on Advanced maintenance methods which allows the operation and life of the engine components been actively monitored through a sophisticated engine health monitoring system which measures actual rather than perceived usage which can result into savings up to 50 % savings in life cycle costs of the engine.

Sources also said that Eurojet pointed out that EJ-200 engines which have total 15 different modules, as many as 7 can be exchanged while under repair without need for engine to undergo a bench test before been reinstalled back into aircrafts thus saving time and effort and also reducing downtime of the aircraft .

India wants new engines for its AMCA project, with the basic requirement of getting 110kn thrust and 2D TVC and Eurojet have informed about how additional thrust requirements can be achieved including details of already developed thrust vectoring nozzle which will improve AMCA’s maneuverability and agility .

The configuration of the proposed medium-weight Indian fighter now been frozen and next will official grant of budget been cleared in next few months after which DRDO plans to build first Technology demonstrator (TD) aircraft by 2020.

While General Electric is the preferred supplier of propulsion for the twin-engine Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), but Eurojet also has been making all out effort to secure the contract.

@WebMaster @samlove It Seems you have on purpose removed "Sources close to idrw.org" from the article on purpose and have also failed to put link back . Request to edit it or Admin please remove this thread .

Admin

idrw.org

Dry thrust of ej is higher than that of ge engine, so we should go for ej,also its having lot of growth potential also.

Dry thrust of ej is higher than that of ge engine, so we should go for ej,also its having lot of growth potential also.

i have predicted this like 3 month before , tht company will get 90 jet make in india offer who will provide us with engine for AMCA ,LCA 2 project, so my prediction is coming true, also why go different engine for our jets it will create more headache for our air force, sotht is good proposal to me, they should accept this asap.

i have predicted this like 3 month before , tht company will get 90 jet make in india offer who will provide us with engine for AMCA ,LCA 2 project, so my prediction is coming true, also why go different engine for our jets it will create more headache for our air force, sotht is good proposal to me, they should accept this asap.
We are making a brand new gen5 aircraft, then why to compromise on engine over economical issue?first of all we have to remember one thing dry thrust does matter more since no aircraft will use afterburner for entire flight( except sr71),also ej engine cane be fine tuned for up to 120kn wet thrust,much more than ge engine. In long run going with ej will give us both technical and financial edge over ge engine.

it's a good offer since we are still decades away in mastering industrial production of single crystal blade technology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom