What's new

Erdoğan urges Bangladeshi PM to halt execution of opposition leader

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has urged his Bangladeshi counterpart to halt the execution of the country's opposition leader, hours after Bangladesh's Supreme Court cleared the way for the execution of Abdul Quader Mollah, who was convicted of war crimes.

The execution of Mollah, which had been placed on hold Tuesday night just before he was to be put to death, would likely to usher in a new wave of political violence ahead of national elections next month. His Islamist party, Jamaat-e-Islami, an ally of the main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party, has warned of "dire consequences" if he is executed.

On Thursday, Erdoğan called Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and asked him to halt the execution of the opposition leader.

Mollah, 65, was convicted of war crimes committed during the nation's war of independence against Pakistan in 1971. His lawyers tried to convince the Supreme Court, which began hearing the case Wednesday, to throw out the sentence.

Mollah would be the first person executed in special trials begun by Hasina in 2010 of people suspected of crimes during the war of independence. The government says Pakistani soldiers, aided by local collaborators, killed 3 million people and raped 200,000 women during the nine-month war.
Erdoğan urges Bangladeshi PM to halt execution of opposition leader - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

Rest of the world should also pressurize BD Premier for stop the execution. take a deal or whatever money they want, but killing opposition leader not justified !

p.s.
I wonder what war crimes did the old man committed at the age of 22 that accumulated to war crimes?

clearly its a case of political victimization, shame !

Last edited:
So now you are for interference in other countries sovereign decisions? ;)

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has urged his Bangladeshi counterpart to halt the execution of the country's opposition leader, hours after Bangladesh's Supreme Court cleared the way for the execution of Abdul Quader Mollah, who was convicted of war crimes.

The execution of Mollah, which had been placed on hold Tuesday night just before he was to be put to death, would likely to usher in a new wave of political violence ahead of national elections next month. His Islamist party, Jamaat-e-Islami, an ally of the main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party, has warned of "dire consequences" if he is executed.

On Thursday, Erdoğan called Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and asked him to halt the execution of the opposition leader.

Mollah, 65, was convicted of war crimes committed during the nation's war of independence against Pakistan in 1971. His lawyers tried to convince the Supreme Court, which began hearing the case Wednesday, to throw out the sentence.

Mollah would be the first person executed in special trials begun by Hasina in 2010 of people suspected of crimes during the war of independence. The government says Pakistani soldiers, aided by local collaborators, killed 3 million people and raped 200,000 women during the nine-month war.

Erdoğan urges Bangladeshi PM to halt execution of opposition leader - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

Rest of the world should also pressurize BD Premier for stop the execution. take a deal or whatever money they want, but killing opposition leader not justified !

p.s.
I wonder what war crimes did the old man committed at the age of 22 that accumulated to war crimes?

you should ask your question before say something, it seems like you know that better than us LOL.

Fk ya Erdogan, supporting a war criminal ?

@Neptune :mad::pissed:

you should ask your question before say something, it seems like you know that better than us LOL.

Fk ya Erdogan, supporting a war criminal ?

@Neptune :mad::pissed:

well good luck with the future "elections"

the hasina b tricked you Bangalis !

election is different issue. Are you JI supporter in Pakistan, even JI in Pakistan does not have much support.

No I am not. Infact I am anti Jamat e Islami or any religious party for that matter. Its just that it doesnot seem right what Hasina did at this point of time.

well good luck with the future "elections"

the hasina b tricked you Bangalis !

No I am not. Infact I am anti Jamat e Islami or any religious party for that matter. Its just that it doesnot seem right what Hasina did at this point of time.

hasina is not going to get vote from me for this. It is not about Hasina, it is about nation. He is a war crimal. Just because hasina behind the trial,it does not mean that guy is innocent. Any AL can fk off now.

hasina is not going to get vote from me for this. It is not about Hasina, it is about nation. He is a war crimal. Just because hasina behind the trial,it does not mean that guy is innocent. Any AL can fk off now.

well I only hope and wish for a stable Bangladesh. hope this goes away without any further violence or division in the national unity.

balli charhana has always back fired.

Trust me. I hate him more than anyone could. But he is the 25th Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey. Please respect ;)
change him quickly then because now i have no respect for him

Turkey is making a habbit of interfering in other countries affairs.

It is time other countries start interfering in Turkey's affairs.

p.s.

Wow this justifies Obama pressuring you guys into giving india
MFN Status
Clearly shows your double standards

Turkish PM did what was morally, legally, intellectually just and right. He stood by truth and did the least he could do being in the helm of a muslim state. An innocent man was judicially murdered today. Not only him but HRW, John kerry, Ban Ki moon all called for halt of this execution since this whole trial has been a sham of epic proportions. He shouldn't even have bothered calling a women like Hasina but rather kick out the BD consulate from Ankara. BD is going down the path of destruction thanks to this women backed by Delhi.

Trust me. I hate him more than anyone could. But he is the 25th Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey. Please respect ;)

Erdogan is very much liked & respected by majority BDs due to his religious image and party background. Its not like what BDforever is trying to portray here. The ruling party who claims to be secular are deeply hated and despised by BDs. State sponsored oppression are being done to make way for a facist one-party Indian subservient state. And as such BDs would expect nothing less from a guy like erdogan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom