What's new

Engineer Passed B-2 Bomber Secrets

A

A.Rahman

FBI Alleges Engineer Passed B-2 Bomber Secrets By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

An engineer who worked on the development of the U.S. B-2 bomber has been arrested in Hawaii for allegedly passing secret technology related to the radar-evading plane to three foreign governments, the FBI said Oct. 28.

Noshir Gowadia was accused of “willfully communicating national defense information to a person not entitled to receive it,” the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

A Pentagon spokesman said he was unaware of the details of the FBI investigation and so could not comment on the extent of the damage that may have been caused.

”Our modern weapons systems use advance technologies that provide the U.S. military with cutting edge capabilities, and to the extent that information is shared with inappropriate entities that could be harmful to our national defense,” said Bryan Whitman.

Gowadia was a design engineer with Northrop Corporation from 1968 to 1986, where he worked on the development of the B-2 bomber’s propulsion system, according to the FBI.

It said that in recent years he marketed himself to unidentified foreign military entities and individuals.

The FBI alleged that Gowadia “disclosed United States military technology secrets related to the B-2 to foreign governments in order to ‘assist’ them in obtaining a higher level of military technology.”

It said he faxed a document on October 23, 2002 with details for developing infrared technology for a foreign military aircraft to an official in a unidentified foreign country.

”This document, which was a proposal for infrared suppression, was determined to be classified at the Top Secret level by the Original Classification Authority of the United States Air Force,” the FBI said.

He also “communicated or otherwise delivered classified information” to two other foreign governments or their representatives, the FBI said.

http://www.topix.net/us/air-force

What are your thoughts about this article?

do you think that its ok for him to steal? because he worked on it too? what punishment should he be given? Will it have any effect on Indian and US relation?

What goverments did he gave the info to? My guess is China, Ruissa. Who is the other country.

Simply he is a traitor and he should be punished for what he has done, being in such organization you have no right to pass technology to a/an competitor/enemy.

Yes, hes a traitor unless hes selling the information to Pakistan.

Anyways he has passed on the information to China which will help them improve their radars and surface to air missile batteries to shoot these planes down in future conflicts.

As far as i know here in PAF and also in other forces a person having a specific trade know most of the things which are related to his trade but he dosent know anything about the other trades, suppose a man is working in the airfame trade dosent know about the engines.In the same way a man doing some developmental works should be knowing things which are related to his assinments which are assined to him.
I am thinking that what really he should have told to someone?? :glare:

which is the other 3 country if it is true than F 22,JSF,B2 all going to be face the sweet chin music in future

ya i heard about this news but he maintains that he didn't pass any information to other country What i think India would be the possible beneficiary of this info judging his descent is indian

The U.S. government accuses Gowadia of selling classified information to the government of the People's Republic of Chinaand sending classified information to individuals in Germany,Israel, and Switzerland. If convicted Gowadia could besentenced to life in prison or death.

If he passed the information to China then he deserves the death penalty.

But if passed it to Germany, Israel and Switzerland. Then its no biggie, since they are friendly US countries

Prosecutors say Gowadia used the island as a base to design a stealth cruise missile for China. A federal grand jury in Honolulu has indicted Gowadia on 21 counts of conspiracy, money-laundering and falsifying tax returns.

If he passed the information to China then he deserves the death penalty.

But if passed it to Germany, Israel and Switzerland. Then its no biggie, since they are friendly US countries
i guess you should tell this to judge. The poor man will be vary thankful to you:coffee:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom