What's new

Enemy's Expert View on Iran

Cool....well, his idea about becoming a bookend didn't exactly come true.

On the hindsight, you see how well he understood what is going on. Any more recent interviews from him?

Read his books. He predicted the rise of Iran as a superpower in Middle East long ago.

Baer is a smart man who understands the intricacies of relationships in Middle East unlike many Western analysts. He sees how Iran is aware of how to establish solid relationships with all the different parties and establish lasting alliances.

In his book, he also delves into the failure of Arab states to be a great power and challenge Iran and Israel. He explains the death of Arab nationalism, the issues of tribalism, and rise of sectarianism.

So his Middle East analysis is pretty spot on, now I do disagree with him on how the US can confront Iran. So you have to seperate his viewpoints.

Read his books. He predicted the rise of Iran as a superpower in Middle East long ago.

Baer is a smart man who understands the intricacies of relationships in Middle East unlike many Western analysts. He sees how Iran is aware of how to establish solid relationships with all the different parties and establish lasting alliances.

In his book, he also delves into the failure of Arab states to be a great power and challenge Iran and Israel. He explains the death of Arab nationalism, the issues of tribalism, and rise of sectarianism.

So his Middle East analysis is pretty spot on, now I do disagree with him on how the US can confront Iran. So you have to seperate his viewpoints.
Supposedly, a lot of CIA analysts had a soft spot for Iran, well. Pompeo made sure to purge them, they also brought in Michael D'Andrea AKA Ayatollah Mike to clean house, ( bloodthirsty bastard if there ever was one), he's the one behind the drone assassination program. Sadly, agents like Baer are not very common in the CIA.....the new administration has set a new tone....I doubt they're even independent anymore.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-28/have-you-heard-cias-iran-mission-center

Will do. He is a knowledgeable guy

Supposedly, a lot of CIA analysts had a soft spot for Iran, well. Pompeo made sure to purge them, they also brought in Michael D'Andrea AKA Ayatollah Mike to clean house, ( bloodthirsty bastard if there ever was one), he's the one behind the drone assassination program. Sadly, agents like Baer are not very common in the CIA.....the new administration has set a new tone....I doubt they're even independent anymore.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-28/have-you-heard-cias-iran-mission-center

Well, That guy is a convert to Shia Islam. So that’s a bit strange.

Middle East has two superpowers: Turkey and Iran....This is the state of the Middle East since Greece vs Persia, Rome vs Persia, Byzantine Empire vs Persia, Ottoman Empire vs Persia...and these superpowers historically confronted each other for control of the region.

Iran looks like a leading Shia power dominating countries where there are large numbers of Shias...

However most of the Middle East is Sunni and Turkey is the leading Sunni power....its economy is more dynamic because of its geographic position -Turkish economy grows because Turkey has an ability to export goods via sea to the nearby 500mln populated EU, 200mln populated Eastern Europe and the Arab world

Turkey is like a maritime trading economy exporting via Mediterranean and Black Sea (and moving goods via sea is the cheapest and economically efficient)--this is a reason of its economic dynamism.

Iran is a land power with mountainous terrain and developing infrastructure in such a terrain is difficult, therefore if not oil, Iranian economy would be less dynamic than Turkish.

Last edited:
Middle East has two superpowers: Turkey and Iran....This is the state of the Middle East since Greece vs Persia, Rome vs Persia, Byzantine Empire vs Persia, Ottoman Empire vs Persia...and these superpowers historically confronted each other for control of the region.

Iran looks like a leading Shia power dominating countries where there are large numbers of Shias...

However most of the Middle East is Sunni and Turkey is the leading Sunni power....its economy is more dynamic because of its geographic position -Turkish economy grows because Turkey has an ability to export goods via sea to the nearby 500mln populated EU, 200mln populated Eastern Europe and the Arab world

Turkey is like a maritime trading economy exporting via Mediterranean and Black Sea (and moving goods via sea is the cheapest and economically efficient)--this is a reason of its economic dynamism.

Iran is a land power with mountainous terrain and developing infrastructure in such a terrain is difficult, therefore if not oil, Iranian economy would be less dynamic than Turkish.
Well same reasons for having a dynamic economy applies to Iran too. Iran has access to most of larger members of former Soviet Union. It is the most feasible land route for an East/west Asian corridor for both land routes and pipelines. And it is far closer to Asian economic power houses than Turkey both through sea and land.

The only reason Iran's economy is smaller than that of Turkey is the sanctions for the past 40 years and the fact that Iranians after revolution were not very welcoming to foreign investments. The only sectors that were exceptions were oil and gas and mining. For example, Volkswagen has already tried 2 times to either acquire an Iranian auto maker or establish its own but each time it has been pushed away.

Well same reasons for having a dynamic economy applies to Iran too. Iran has access to most of larger members of former Soviet Union. It is the most feasible land route for an East/west Asian corridor for both land routes and pipelines. And it is far closer to Asian economic power houses than Turkey both through sea and land.

The only reason Iran's economy is smaller than that of Turkey is the sanctions for the past 40 years and the fact that Iranians after revolution were not very welcoming to foreign investments. The only sectors that were exceptions were oil and gas and mining. For example, Volkswagen has already tried 2 times to either acquire an Iranian auto maker or establish its own but each time it has been pushed away.
Amen to that brother. I'm an Iranian and that's the only thing I focus on, Iran's economy....all of the posturing, enemimity and sloganeering to me is a waste of our time and political capital. These nonsense have cost us and our Iranian countrymen a trillion dollars of growth. That is my main issue with this government.

Amen to that brother. I'm an Iranian and that's the only thing I focus on, Iran's economy....all of the posturing, enemimity and sloganeering to me is a waste of our time and political capital. These nonsense have cost us and our Iranian countrymen a trillion dollars of growth. That is my main issue with this government.
You need to see where they are coming from too. Western civilization in general doesn't have a very good track record dealing with Iran

Back
Top Bottom