What's new

Emirati sheikh invests in football club with reputation for anti-Arab racism

Reaction score
Country
Greece

A top Israeli football club with a reputation for anti-Arab racism within its fan base has been part-bought by an Emirati sheikh.

Beitar Jerusalem is now 49% owned by Sheikh Hamid bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, a member of Abu Dhabi's ruling family who has committed to invest over 300 million shekels (£69m) in the club over the next 10 years.

In the announcement, on the club's website, the Sheikh said: "I am thrilled to be a partner in such a glorious club that I have heard so much of and in such a great city, the capital of Israel and one of the holiest cities in the world."

1607650216351.png

he should try and get more stake and then focus on getting the club relegated that would have been gold

if this Emirati Sikh researched a bit more he could have invested in israeli basketball instead

honestly kinda surprised by this move ..don’t really remember beitar playing europa whilst I do see other Israeli clubs being there, also I can’t imagine the hardcore beitar fans being too happy with arabs holding such a big stake in their club

Sheikh needs help finding "Sign here ______________"

Good now who gets to brag? The Sheikh owners who make $$$ sitting on their arse or the Israeli Jew who has to work sooo soo hard? :D

Back
Top Bottom