What's new

Elon Musk Is The Richest Man On Earth, Again [$192 Billion]

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

Elon Musk’s cream has once again risen to the very top Thursday after his competition for world’s richest person, LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault, had his value slip to a paltry $187 billion.

Musk and Arnault, who heads up a corporation dedicated to luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Dior, are often battling it out for top spot on Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index. Arnault spent several months in the top space as luxury goods flew off the shelves, but the stock has done quite as well as Tesla’s in recent months. Even though it was reported today that Musk’s most recent acquisition, Twitter, lost two-thirds of its value following the sale, Musk is back on top. The golden horde Musk sits on top of rose by $55.3 billion over this time last year, while Arnault’s only rose $24.5 billion. In third is our yacht-owning friend Jeff Bezos at $144 billion followed by Bill Gates at $125 billion and CEO of Oracle Larry Ellison with $118 billion.

104994096-RTX4RL3G.jpg

#1 🇺🇸 Elon Musk

Arnault_LVMH.jpg

#2 🇫🇷 Bernard Arnault

enzlgb4iiwahzc1iym3a.jpg

#3 🇺🇸 Jeff Bezos

14Gates--top-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

#4 🇺🇸 Bill Gates

larry_ellison1.png

#5 🇺🇸 Larry Ellison

The following is the magic ingredient that will make EVs feasible for the masses. Electric charging built into roads. For example, on the highways there will be stretches of some miles with buried charging apparatus. As cars drive over those sections of the highway their battries get charged and they never have to stop.

I’ll buy an electric car when I don’t have to worry about stopping to charge.

A Toyota EV drove 1,200 miles without stopping to charge thanks to electric roads with wireless charging​

The following is the magic ingredient that will make EVs feasible for the masses. Electric charging built into roads. For example, on the highways there will be stretches of some miles with buried charging apparatus. As cars drive over those sections of the highway their battries get charged and they never have to stop.

A Toyota EV drove 1,200 miles without stopping to charge thanks to electric roads with wireless charging​

Qualcomm showcased this technology back in 2017, unfortunately there were no takers.

Congrats to them. It is their money.

To be fair, people like Bill Gates was plain lucky. He is not even a university or college graduate.

That's a lot of highways to replace in the world and the efficiency of wireless charging is pretty bad. A lot of energy wasted. You save on gasoline and then make up for it in electric power plants wasting electricity due to inefficiencies of usage.

Congrats to them. It is their money.

To be fair, people like Bill Gates was plain lucky. He is not even a university or college graduate.

He’s a dropout from Harvard, like Mark Zuckerberg. A Harvard dropout is higher on the scale than a PhD from somewhere else.

That's a lot of highways to replace in the world and the efficiency of wireless charging is pretty bad. A lot of energy wasted. You save on gasoline and then make up for it in electric power plants wasting electricity due to inefficiencies of usage.

My understanding is that not all the highway would have the chargers, only some sections.

Unfortunately, if you study the full article, the vehicle drove ~ 1950 km in 100 hours. So, ~ 20 km/hr net. Presumably the charging system was operational under virtually the entire track. This result points to the key problem with such a concept, excessive dwell time needed for charging. I doubt tht a system that could adequately charge a vehicle moving at 120 km/hr would be safe. I.e. the electric fields involved emanating from the road that coup[le to the car's charging loops would be unsafe to allow to couple to living organisms within range. You wouldn't want to ride a bicycle on a road that charges a passing car!!!

Unfortunately, if you study the full article, the vehicle drove ~ 1950 km in 100 hours. So, ~ 20 km/hr net. Presumably the charging system was operational under virtually the entire track. This result points to the key problem with such a concept, excessive dwell time needed for charging. I doubt tht a system that could adequately charge a vehicle moving at 120 km/hr would be safe. I.e. the electric fields involved emanating from the road that coup[le to the car's charging loops would be unsafe to allow to couple to living organisms within range. You wouldn't want to ride a bicycle on a road that charges a passing car!!!

The article answers the points you raised. Only 25% of the track was electrified and it can handle highway speeds.

It’s in the future, but I can visualize highways having one electrified lane for a few miles after every, let’s say, 100 miles. EVs would drive on that lane and get charged.

Imagine a future where EVs have small batteries and get most of their charge from the road. Then both the weight and the cost of the car would go down considerably. That may mean a reduction of over 25% of the weight, resulting in an overall saving of energy.

Moreover, only 25% of the track was electrified. According to Ezer, even at highway speeds, an electric road can deliver more energy than a vehicle consumes.

The firm plans to open a mile-long stretch of electric road in Detroit.

He’s a dropout from Harvard, like Mark Zuckerberg. A Harvard dropout is higher on the scale than a PhD from somewhere else.

My understanding is that not all the highway would have the chargers, only some sections.
Maybe I am misunderstanding you. How is a Harvard dropout supposedly higher on a scale than a PhD graduate from a University?

How can a Harvard drop out be superior to a University graduate, like how?

Mr. Bill Gates is just a lucky man. Personally I see nothing great or inspiring about Bill Gates.

He got lucky with his business, and thus became a billionaire.

How can a Harvard dropout be higher on a scale than a person who graduated from university or college with a credential?

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. How is a Harvard dropout supposedly higher on a scale than a PhD graduate from a University?

How can a Harvard drop out be superior to a University graduate, like how?

Mr. Bill Gates is just a lucky man. Personally I see nothing great or inspiring about Bill Gates.

He got lucky with his business, and thus became a billionaire.

How can a Harvard dropout be higher on a scale than a person who graduated from university or college with a credential?

Harvard has an extremely low acceptance rate, so anyone who gets admitted is already among the elite. The list of famous people who did not complete their studies at Harvard is more distinguished than actual graduates of most other universities.

In the tech sector Harvard dropouts or graduates have another major advantage. The largest number of venture capitalists are alumni of either Harvard or Stanford. Startups founded by students from these two universities are much more likely to get funding.

List of Harvard University non-graduate alumni​

Harvard has an extremely low acceptance rate, so anyone who gets admitted is already among the elite. The list of famous people who did not complete their studies at Harvard is more distinguished than actual graduates of most other universities.

In the tech sector Harvard dropouts or graduates have another major advantage. The largest number of venture capitalists are alumni of either Harvard or Stanford. Startups founded by students from these two universities are much more likely to get funding.

Going to an elite university is good, but...

But I do not think a Harvard dropout can be superior to a person who goes to a North American Unverisity and graduates with a B.A. Honours.

Disagree with you bro on this one.

Going to an elite university is only good for connections.

Otherwise getting a B.A. honours degree from a decent university is sufficient.

We are talking about North America.
How can a Harvard dropout be better than an undergraduate graduate from a regular university in North America?

If I had a choice I would choose the university graduate from a regular university than being a dropout from Harvard, lol.

That's ridiculous.

Anyways Bill Gates is not even a university graduate, so I do not find him inspiring or any greatness in him.

He was just plain lucky.

Of course he is. He went to China to pay tribute to the Emperor, so his prosperity naturally follows.

I love how they rank these billionaires on paper. It's all on paper till they decide to cash out. At that point they lost complete control of the company they founded OR not enough ppl to buy those billions of shares. For every seller there must be a buyer. Good luck trying to rally hundreds of billions of capitals for a stock share firesale!!

Back
Top Bottom