What's new

Eight Apache attack helicopters to be inducted into IAF

Long back, I read somewhere that IA will get LCH for its Airarm?
Yup LCH would form Bulk of attack copters for army
images - 2019-09-03T154300.059.jpeg

Okay.

So is there no Russian counterpart to the Apache ??

Mi-28N was looked upon, but it’s service ceiling is much lower, cannot be operated at the heights of Himalayas.

I was aware of another interest for attack helicopters for our Naval air arm, Ka-52 will probably be considered.

Congrats, guys that's one mean bird.

:D:D:D:D

Sanctioned prone stuff....

Now you have to buy Patriot rather than S-400 :rofl: IAF doomed.....:P

We are BUYING the stuff... both... S-400 and Apache...

Russia receives advance payment from India for S-400 missiles
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-400-missiles-report/articleshow/70890810.cms

I though IA should have received these under their aviation arm. End user of this will be IA not IAF. So now if IA needs urgent support it will need to call in IAF just to use choppers.

Have you heard about... IBG... and CoDS... you will get your answer...

First integrated battle group to be deployed along India-Pakistan border
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...stan-border/story-wrvIDDDkQHqcBwxeFI2wpN.html

IA also ordered six Apache and follow on

Numbers are going to increase... 60+ (IAF + IA)... if my info is correct... you will see active use of these machines (Helicopter Gunships) in Anti-Naxal operations...

IAF is mostly interested in the longbow radar rather than the whole platform itself, this gives this helicopter much better situational awareness. And the operational altitude is also higher for Apache.

Partially correct... only half of them have the longbow... main target is the PLANNED AESA...

It was an open tender with other copters too and Boeing won ,as simple as that ,these are for IAF ,army aviation would also get 6 of it as of now

The main reason is to learn from this platform... HAL LCH is success and now a bigger variant is on drawing board... India is very interested in Motor Sich... and we are in the good books of Russia and USA... both...

Long back, I read somewhere that IA will get LCH for its Airarm?

LCH + HAL RUDRA + APACHE + successor of LCH...

@Novice09
How will you integrate s400 with rafale and other European systems?

Do you really feel that India will buy such expensive system... without considering its effectiveness and operational integration... yes, American stuff will be a challenge...

Just for your Info...
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/iaf...-73-missiles-thanks-to-israeli-jugaad-2067318

They want to shoot everything / anything even their own jet/helos....don't you remember they shoot down own chopper using Israeli air defence system.

it happened due to a human error and all culprits are punished... although the official details are not published yet...

Still do not understand the obtuse logic of the IAF hoarding aviation assets and leading to resource drain and duplication within the IA.

Gunships and tactical helicopter transport should be linked to the IA and its command chain; Indian Air Force plays bureaucratic gambles with response times for supporting its troops.

Still do not understand the obtuse logic of the IAF hoarding aviation assets and leading to resource drain and duplication within the IA.

Gunships and tactical helicopter transport should be linked to the IA and its command chain; Indian Air Force plays bureaucratic gambles with response times for supporting its troops.

One of the reasons I am glad that the cobras and other rotary assets are mainly with Army. Their splitting up of order between army and airforce does not make sense.

It is only logical that the pilot should have prior experience and knowledge of infantry and armour/counter armour ops in order to do his part properly in the combined arms formation. Something that would be found lacking from an airforce guy.

Have you heard about... IBG... and CoDS... you will get your answer...

First integrated battle group to be deployed along India-Pakistan border
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...stan-border/story-wrvIDDDkQHqcBwxeFI2wpN.html

I know what IBG is and that is my main point you have complicated the equation by introducing Air Force and linking it with your Army. The only reason IAF is involved is to provided air cover and if your Apache's are being operated by Army Aviation arm than that would make it more streamlined battle group.

IAF would be free to perform its role.

I know what IBG is and that is my main point you have complicated the equation by introducing Air Force and linking it with your Army. The only reason IAF is involved is to provided air cover and if your Apache's are being operated by Army Aviation arm than that would make it more streamlined battle group.

IAF would be free to perform its role.

IAF itself has a turfwar regarding this and think everything airborne should be under it's wing. Everything you said is correct and IA's own armed aviation will get Rudras, LCH, and some Apaches.

you will see active use of these machines (Helicopter Gunships) in Anti-Naxal operations...
No, Indian Govt has never put Military for domestic operations in mainland India. Bluestar was an exception and led to formation of NSG.
If govt wants gunships to be used against Naxals, they would probably hand over retired gunships by IAF or IA, or maybe order a batch for the paramilitary, but to break away from the practice of using military for offensive role in mainland will be stupid.

No, Indian Govt has never put Military for domestic operations in mainland India. Bluestar was an exception and led to formation of NSG.
If govt wants gunships to be used against Naxals, they would probably hand over retired gunships by IAF or IA, or maybe order a batch for the paramilitary, but to break away from the practice of using military for offensive role in mainland will be stupid.

I don't know whether IA, IAF or PARA-MIL... but yes... helicopter and helicopter gunships' are under serious consideration... and drones too...

@Novice09
How will you integrate s400 with rafale and other European systems?
It is an excellent observation and baffles me till today. We have a glimpse in 27th what happens when you put tuti-fruiti logic in procuring defence equipment. So, here is what I assess, they will have Rafale Su-30s and Mig-29s along with S-400 and some others. It will be nightmare for planners and to handle them

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom