What's new

Egyptian National and Strategic Development Projects: News and Updates

The most inhabitable ones first.. and yes the project concerns all the slums in Egypt by 2030 or before..

Sisi is not alone it takes a very competent team.. a rare commodity in the Arab world..

If sisi sticks to 2 terms as per constitution then Egypt will then become a Democracy . You can put all the laws you want which keeps MB out of the system but need to ensure Egypt does not become a dictatorship again by enforcing fixed terms .

At an average rate of $465,000 per vessel x 65 = $30,225,000 in revenues for the Suez Canal for that one day.
$30,225,000 x 12 = $3.6 billion per year.
After maintenance fees and expenses and what-not, just guessing...$3B +/-. Not bad if that's a close figure.
It was around $11 billion a few years back, many companies will come back now,, Egypt wants to lower the rates by 50%.. Apparently there is a competition threat from the Northern line in Russia crossing the North pole towards Europe, that goes for Eastern Asia trade,, where SK just sent its first ship through, it saves that opart of the world a lot of cost and time,, it is still seasonal for now but Russia has already dedicated some of its new giant transport ships with Ice breaking capacities!...... to be followed

*You should multiply $30,225,000/day by 365 (not 12) to get the right numbers

Last edited:
Totally agree. When it gets to a referendum, it will be up to the registered voters to turn out and vote. Then we'll see if there is an actual, electoral system that works. If it was left to the MPs, they can easily be intimidated. But being put to a referendum will ensure the people have the final say.

I think there are hypocrites who are pushing for this , people who think they are supporting Sisi but actually ruining his work . I am referring to people like Ahmad Moussa . The best 2 Anchors I have seen in Egypt are Amr Adib on ONTV and Osama Kamal at DMC , they support Sisi but at the same time they point out to problems and mistakes committed by the government .

One advantage Egypt has over other Arab countries is its strong media that generally shows most of Egypt Economical and Social problems which pushes the government to solve them .

Other Arab countries people live in denial until their countries collapsed like Syria Libya and Iraq , I am sure there are more on the way .

I think there are hypocrites who are pushing for this , people who think they are supporting Sisi but actually ruining his work . I am referring to people like Ahmad Moussa . The best 2 Anchors I have seen in Egypt are Amr Adib on ONTV and Osama Kamal at DMC , they support Sisi but at the same time they point out to problems and mistakes committed by the government .

One advantage Egypt has over other Arab countries is its strong media that generally shows most of Egypt Economical and Social problems which pushes the government to solve them .

Other Arab countries people live in denial until their countries collapsed like Syria Libya and Iraq , I am sure there are more on the way .
That is quite healthy for Egypt..

If sisi sticks to 2 terms as per constitution then Egypt will then become a Democracy . You can put all the laws you want which keeps MB out of the system but need to ensure Egypt does not become a dictatorship again by enforcing fixed terms .

Precisely! To be perfectly honest with you, that's my greatest fear. He is so powerful, essentially ruling the country politically and militarily, it doesn't get any more powerful than that, and that power makes these guys very ambitious and hungry. But he's shown a lot of positive signs (of course there's a lot of the bad stuff he needs to fix which I'm not sure will happen until he's out of office) and if he hands the keys to the country to the next elected president, he'll be even more of a hero than if he manipulates his power into a 12 year + dictatorship. We'll be further back than square one.

It was around $11 billion a few years back, many companies will come back now,, Egypt wants to lower the rates by 50%.. Apparently there is a competition threat from the Northern line in Russia crossing the North pole towards Europe, that goes for Eastern Asia trade,, where SK just sent its first ship through, it saves that opart of the world a lot of cost and time,, it is still seasonal for now but Russia has already dedicated some of its new giant transport ships with Ice breaking capacities!...... to be followed

Yep, while 65 ships is ok for now, it shoul be a lot more than that transiting that canal.

Nothing will change in the constitution other than extending a term from 4 to 6 years..

I think there are hypocrites who are pushing for this , people who think they are supporting Sisi but actually ruining his work .

It was basically Ismail Nasreddine MP from Helwan who started the whole thing, collecting signatures and convincing people the term limit restrictions should be lifted. You wonder what kind of grease he's getting? I honestly wouldn't see why any MP would ever agree to that unless...

Nothing will change in the constitution other than extending a term from 4 to 6 years..

What do you think about Sudan's current hostile policy towards Egypt and how should egypt respond ?

It was basically Ismail Nasreddine MP from Helwan who started the whole thing, collecting signatures and convincing people the term limit restrictions should be lifted. You wonder what kind of grease he's getting? I honestly wouldn't see why any MP would ever agree to that unless...

maho el moshkela fel tabaleen dool , daya3o hosni 2abl keda.

Would you see that as a benefit? And would it worry you that if it did indeed pass, what would come next?

Yekhreb bethum wbet abuhom wel khalefu omohom.

Precisely! To be perfectly honest with you, that's my greatest fear. He is so powerful, essentially ruling the country politically and militarily, it doesn't get any more powerful than that, and that power makes these guys very ambitious and hungry. But he's shown a lot of positive signs (of course there's a lot of the bad stuff he needs to fix which I'm not sure will happen until he's out of office) and if he hands the keys to the country to the next elected president, he'll be even more of a hero than if he manipulates his power into a 12 year + dictatorship. We'll be further back than square one.

Yep, while 65 ships is ok for now, it shoul be a lot more than that transiting that canal.
*You should multiply $30,225,000/day by 365 (not 12) to get the right numbers.. it will give you around $11 billion which is very good, since it means the Suez canal has recovered..

If the terms are extended then the country might move in that direction , the best scenario would be for him is to get elected for one more term and he can appoint a vice president and this person can be the military / deep state candidate in 2022 .

Egypt already has a system in place when it comes to its foreign policy , the state did not change it after mubarak left and they continued the reforms started by Nazif government between 2004-2011 . To be fair nazif government did well they reduced public debt from 103 percent to 74 and foreign reserves reached 36 billion and tourism was over 10 billion , in addition to 7% growth rate and budget deficit only 5% , sara7a om el jizeera .

*You should multiply $30,225,000/day by 365 (not 12) to get the right numbers.. it will give you around $11 billion which is very good, since it means the Suez canal has recovered..

LOL! I knew there was something wrong with my math! :lol: Need to go back to school. :-)

That's much more like it. Thanks for noticing that. :tup:

What do you think about Sudan's current hostile policy towards Egypt and how should egypt respond ?

Egypt is pursuing the road to its economical recovery and advancements in all fields,, all of which is based on peace,, Sudan won't make problems for Egypt, KSA will guarantee that, since they are both allies in other matters..peace plays in favor of Sudan too, and those territorial conflicts will be dealt with through the Arab league.. but I just don't see a problem coming from Sudan.. even Ethiopia was dealt with peacefully.. actually it is the Ethiopian Dam that threatens Egypt as well as Sudan..

If the terms are extended then the country might move in that direction , the best scenario would be for him is to get elected for one more term and he can appoint a vice president and this person can be the military / deep state candidate in 2022 .

Exactly my thoughts. And there are a lot of Egyptians who feel exactly the same way, BTW.

Egypt already has a system in place when it comes to its foreign policy , the state did not change it after mubarak left and they continued the reforms started by Nazif government between 2004-2011 . To be fair nazif government did well they reduced public debt from 103 percent to 74 and foreign reserves reached 36 billion and tourism was over 10 billion , in addition to 7% growth rate and budget deficit only 5% , sara7a om el jizeera .

Meya meya!

Would you see that as a benefit? And would it worry you that if it did indeed pass, what would come next?

Yekhreb bethum wbet abuhom wel khalefu omohom.
It might have benefits, the parliament won't vote for it if there are no studies and discussions about it first, so if the representatives of the people vote for it, that means they definitely see benefits.. furthermore, Sisi has shown that he is quite modest and is working very hard for the advancement of Egypt, nothing was of this scale for the last 60 years.. almost every project is being made by local companies and workers.. with military discipline and prices:lol: the only precedent were the Chinese reforms.. The Egyptian army is supervising all the projects to make sure that people will get the best quality for the lowest price..

Sisi is working on the two most important pillars of economy, namely the Infrastructure and the Foreign Investments, and we are seeing signs of success,, other much ambitious strategic projects will come to life after and from the results/gains made through these two fundamental pillars of economy..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom