What's new

EgyptAir flight carrying 66 people disappears from radar

I guess its easier to track asteroids, stars and other celestial bodies than it is to track a plane.......

I don't get it still no trace of the plane while this time they exactly knew were it disappeared from radar ?

A massive multi-national search has failed to locate anything so far (more than 24hrs?)

I see this falling in line with MH370.

Update

Untitled.jpg

Footage from The Egyptian Air force and Navy during the search process

One of the victims Iraqi R.I.P for all the victims the thing that really hurt is there were children among the victims.

One of the passengers was a Kuwaiti doctor in his 50s. He took his wife to Paris for medical treatment. She's still getting treated there. He was supposed to stay with her in Paris until she fully recovered, but he decided to leave her with one of his children for a few days so that he could visit their other child in Egypt, who's currently studying at university in Cairo. He was supposed to return to Paris with his other child a few days later.

This is very tragic. :(

Ci052FpUkAErGqh.jpg

Ci052U0UUAADExX.jpg

May all the victims rest in peace.

Heartbreaking when you think about it. As if there was not enough of death and destruction in the region.:cry:

Would not surprise me at all if most of the Westerners on that list were of Egyptian origin or from other Arab countries.

A massive multi-national search has failed to locate anything so far (more than 24hrs?)

I see this falling in line with MH370.

Did they ever discover the black box of that particular flight? I don't think so but I stopped following the news a week after that crash occurred last year.

Also I doubt this as this plane crashed in the Southeastern part of the Mediterranean Sea which is a much, much smaller and an easier area to do search in than the vast Southern Indian Ocean. So I am quite confident that they will be able to find the black box and figure out what exactly occurred.

Saudi Arabian mother, daughter’s cancer treatment journey ends tragically'

Relatives grieve as they wait in front of Egyptair in-flight service building where they were being kept at Cairo International Airport, Egypt, Thursday. — AP​

Shahd Alhamdan

A Saudi woman, working in the Saudi Embassy in Cairo, and her daughter from her divorced Egyptian husband were passengers on EgyptAir Flight 804 from Paris to Cairo, carrying 66 people, which disappeared early Thursday. And they were traveling back after the daughter had undergone treatment in Paris, only to see their journey end in a crash.

Sahar Hussien Khoja is a Saudi divorced mother and her daughter, who was a media graduate, while her son is still at the university, according to her Egyptian cousin Sameh Hafez.

Khoja and her daughter had traveled to Paris for 12 days. The daughter, who was suffering from cancer, had to undergo treatment. Following a series of checks and diagnosis for the daughter in Cairo and Riyadh, the mother decided to take her daughter to France for a final check and determine at what stage the disease had progressed.

Hafez added that they decided to come back to Egypt to restart the treatment for her daughter and her son was waiting for them at the airport.

“They announced first that the plane was late at first and at 2.45 p.m. the officials declared that the plane had disappeared. Her son like everyone else, was worried first and then when the announcement of the disappearance came went into shock,” he added.

Khoja, who was living in Rehab district, is a polite, quiet, and hardworking woman, Hafez said.

He said, “She focused on her children, and was, a mother, a father, a friend to them. She was working in the Saudi Embassy and all what she wanted was to see her two kids happy and having good lives.”

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-ar...ers-cancer-treatment-journey-ends-tragically/

إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون

:cry:

@Kuwaiti Girl @Malik Alashter @MICA

And yet some states wanted to flood Syria with MANPADS. RIP

Nobody knows whether this was a terrorist attack. It was likely not like 99% of all plane crashes out there. Also how in the world could anyone in the middle of nowhere (Southeastern Mediterranean Sea 300 km away from any habitable place and land (Alexandria and Crete) shot down a plane with a MANPAD?

People have gone insane with linking everything to terrorism nowadays.

Last edited:
"Did they ever discover the black box of that particular flight? I don't think so but I stopped following the news a week after that crash occurred last year"

No

And they're going to call off the search officially in Aug 2016.

Their search vessels are scanning the seabed of the South Indian Ocean for past 2 years with no results (except they discovered a century-old ship wreck on the bottom of the ocean)

Egyptian Military and Marine Forces have discovered more debris, passengers’ belongings, body parts, luggage, and aircraft seats. Search is still in progress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom