What's new

Effectiveness of Pakistan Army Casualty Control Program

313baberali

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Its time Now
Defence experts need to revise soilder casualty control program
Regardless of becoming the part of blame game.its time now to find the answers for each casualty. Need of solution with assessments ,is the need of time. FACT! Pak Army casualty ratio is now ,too high.our soilders need THE equipment and protective gear . We need to learn a lot from old school I E D blasts to recent clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenia .we still have 100% satisfaction on Toyota hilux.but no confidence on Hit vehicles. Fencing on street roads rather than building second wall behind the boundary wall.its time to revise everything .its time to public all casualty control reports of last ten years from Army programs.what experts find and what type of solution they suggest. Complete followup is required.

Every time I see cadualties, I see a soft skin vehicle being hit. This means we either lack budget or proper management of assets. I think its the former. We dont have budget to buy high tech armored vehicles. The army personnel are hit in approximtely same geogrpahical area. So it must be definitely known these areas are terrorist infested. If this is the case, then need allocation of budget to get the armored vehicles. Turkey has been making some very good MRAPs. But we have China always on our side. So why not buy them on prioirty basis?

Every time I see cadualties, I see a soft skin vehicle being hit. This means we either lack budget or proper management of assets. I think its the former. We dont have budget to buy high tech armored vehicles. The army personnel are hit in approximtely same geogrpahical area. So it must be definitely known these areas are terrorist infested. If this is the case, then need allocation of budget to get the armored vehicles. Turkey has been making some very good MRAPs. But we have China always on our side. So why not buy them on prioirty basis?
Its our lack of will in finding solutions .a local welders can add better armour if they not want to break the love of hilux.i watched many army tv programs .news reports etc etc i hardly saw not more than 2 percent apc in any tv program or news report or news after terror attack .it may be a budget issue but there are many other factors which definitely army is ignoring.seems standard proceeding procedures are ignored or they are just crap
.apcs in bases have no benefits if they are not deployed in the field.. After watching azeri drone attack vedios u can say its time to apply covid rule in the field.as far the soilders as much they survive.some light weight protection we definitely need for the guys

Zaid hamid speakks about the topic.can anyone help to discuss technical mith of not using APCs but using teen k dabbay !!! ? https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=pakistan
20201018_161529.jpg

Pakistani soldier's life is cheap. That's why higher-ups aren't really bothered. Easily replaceable.

They give them an honourable janaza afterwards rather than the equipment in the first place.

It's like in the Indian Army, where the soldiers are complaining about food but higher-ups are busy bragging about fighter aircraft.

The solution is to launch a violent Operation Zarb-e-Azb today (as Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad has obviously flopped), replace the current Army Chief and/or increase the Army's budget drastically but that's not happening possibly until the 2030s.

Its time Now
Defence experts need to revise soilder casualty control program
Regardless of becoming the part of blame game.its time now to find the answers for each casualty. Need of solution with assessments ,is the need of time. FACT! Pak Army casualty ratio is now ,too high.our soilders need THE equipment and protective gear . We need to learn a lot from old school I E D blasts to recent clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenia .we still have 100% satisfaction on Toyota hilux.but no confidence on Hit vehicles. Fencing on street roads rather than building second wall behind the boundary wall.its time to revise everything .its time to public all casualty control reports of last ten years from Army programs.what experts find and what type of solution they suggest. Complete followup is required.
Looking at the smaller picture.

Do you know the number of causalities suffered in Siachen since 1984 ?
NO one ever raised voice for that. Since PA soldiers are well equipped in Siachen ? They have igloos to live in and have good amount of firepower for defensive role ? 140 soldiers alone lost their lives in Gyari incident. Why is there not a thread on that, if there is one about taking revenge on losing 140 innocents in APS Peshawar incident ?

There are PA officers/soldiers who gave up their lives on LOC as well as on Afghan border. With the way everybody is screaming about MRAPs on different threads, please deploy MRAPs in Siachen as well as LOC and Afghan border as a measure to save lives instead of cutting off the head of the serpent who is behind Siachen, LOC, Afghan border and the WOT that PA/LEAs' are fighting.

What bothers me the most is that all modern equipment can be produced in Pakistan and cost could be reduced.

And they have produced like Pk-18, G-3M, G-3S, IFVs wheeled plus tracked.

But our military leadership don't give a darn.

1603029234519.png

1603029391094.png

Brothers, please note that APCs cannot work in Balochistan. It's terrain is different and high altitude is a problem. APC will fail.

MRAPs can work but Army won't agree to let FC use it. Call it self supremacy or saving them for later.

Also, lets accept that FC Balochistan really needs to get better trained. They're not on the mark and aren't very well in rapid response. Back in 2014, Iranians came 2km inside Pakistan and targeted FC. FC soldiers got martyred without letting Iranians have any casualty. They went back into the country.

Just a uniform and a weapon isn't enough. A lot of armies are still working with Khatara vehicles and are affective through other means. Lets see the Syrian Army , they've worst vehicles but they're very successful against trained militants like FSA and ISIS and their ambushes. How it works? Drone tech, air surveillance and effective Intelligence.

Balochistan is a very difficult terrain to handle and isn't as easy as it looks. The only way to save FC Soldiers is to either let them have MRAPs, or train them with modern ambush response and the usage of patrol drones.

MRAPs aren't transportation vehicles. They can't be given to every patrol party.

Honestly I gave up on this topic long ago. Ground situation is dismal to say the least.
EME depot in Islamabad is filled to brim with MRAPs heck they have 100s parked in open catching rust because they have run out of garage space to store them yet they wont give a single to FC tps in Balochistan or Army infantry units in KpK.
This might be reason because there is no other logical explanation
Armored vehicles Gen Sahab beti ke Jehz mai den gay ..

Honestly I gave up on this topic long ago. Ground situation is dismal to say the least.
EME depot in Islamabad is filled to brim with MRAPs heck they have 100s parked in open catching rust because they have run out of garage space to store them yet they wont give a single to FC tps in Balochistan or Army infantry units in KpK.
This might be reason because there is no other logical explanation
bro i think because of distrust to fc most fc guys are from tribals so tribal loyalty comes in in 2011 in mohmand ops fc guys would run under heavy fire they had tanks with them we need to make fc a self sufficient force.

bro i think because of distrust to fc most fc guys are from tribals so tribal loyalty comes in in 2011 in mohmand ops fc guys would run under heavy fire they had tanks with them we need to make fc a self sufficient force.
I am talking about the FC Balochistan. 90% of casualties in Balochistan is of FC. Army plays a really small role there. Yet despite being not native to the province they are ignored and criminally under equipped

MRAPs can work but Army won't agree to let FC use it. Call it self supremacy or saving them for later.
Please don't give out stupid statements.

Ministry of Interior handles FC where as Ministry of Defence looks after Pakistan Army. Ijaz Ahmed Shah is head of Ministry of Interior where as Pervez Khattak is leading Ministry of Defence. Both ministries have different budgets and are managed separately. Army has no need to intervene in Ministry of Interior and snatch allocations made towards FC for Army itself neither Army has any motives to weaken FC since FC forms the inner ring in most of the operations conducted through planned Ops or IBOs.
I am talking about the FC Balochistan. 90% of casualties in Balochistan is of FC. Army plays a really small role there. Yet despite being not native to the province they are ignored and criminally under equipped
Ijaz Ahmed Shah is responsible for this, not COAS.
Has Ijaz Ahmed Shah requested MRAPs for FC from this EME depot ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom