What's new

EF English Proficiency Index 2013 -3rd ed

邊個係天材,邊個係白 痴。大懵定蠢材?無咁易會知 阿幽 會知。

Dude...

天才 Not 天材

材 In Chinese is a material...like woods (木材) or coffin (棺材)

Going back to IELTS, most student did better in writing and reading parts (except me, I once use my hk passport to take an IELTS test just for fun, in the end I got all 9 except writing,)
Problem is, you can study the writing part and the reading part, but you can't learn how to speak and how to listen by studying, for that you need practices

Holy crap...:sick: just for fun and then you got three 9? Really nice job. For speaking part, 9 must mean native speaker level, I guess. In mainland China, 6.5 speaking is already a very high score. WTF, I prepared for totally 3 months and then only got 7 overall. English speaking environment is also very important, you must live in that environment for a long time.

For any language learning, the key is practice, practice and practice!

China has been rigorously promoting the usage of English as a second language on countrywide campuses

http://www.cctv.com/lm/817/1.shtml

National English-speaking contest up and running|Nation and Digest|chinadaily.com.cn

Holy crap...:sick: just for fun and then you got three 9? Really nice job. For speaking part, 9 must mean native speaker level, I guess. In mainland China, 6.5 speaking is already a very high score. WTF, I prepared for totally 3 months and then only got 7 overall. English speaking environment is also very important, you must live in that environment for a long time.

that one is a notorious drama queen on pdf!

Last edited:
I made spelling error but do you know the context of my post.

If I don't know what you said, how do I know you wrote the wrong word?? 

Well,

not much to prepare actually, as English is what I speak everyday (my ma and pa do not speak the same language) and even in china and Hong Kong, I seldom speak Chinese (strangely except at school) and I do speak with an American accents...most of my friend in HK were either American ex-pat or British ex-pat

The test is actually rigged, it's very easy to get 9 if you know what were you doing, but that probably the keys to everything I guess. But there are trick to it, you just have to find out how

My wife only get 6.5 overall in the end, so you are better than a lot of people actually

Last edited:
This index is a joke. It is based on the skills of people who enroll for an English course. I mean it is safe to assume that only people with poor English would feel the need to enroll in an English course in the first place! :lol:

Singaporeans and English proficiency?

They're intelligent people but they butcher the English language.

All those 'lahs', 'want to come to my house, can?'

Singaporeans and English proficiency?

They're intelligent people but they butcher the English language.

All those 'lahs', 'want to come to my house, can?'

That was called singlish, Chinese do them too, called chinglish

That was called singlish, Chinese do them too, called chinglish

But can you really define proficiency in Singlish as proficiency in English?

I mean one of the tenets of the English langage is it's grammar (as with any other language). If you butcher the grammar, then in what way are you proficient at the language?

But can you really define proficiency in Singlish as proficiency in English?

I mean one of the tenets of the English langage is it's grammar (as with any other language). If you butcher the grammar, then in what way are you proficient at the language?

Lol, they don't as far as I know, there are only 2 proficiency in English, it's basically crap or normal. If you can't speak normal English, then it's crap

You know, test and stuff can be cheated or at least they do not represent the true level of proficiency. Which rendered them useless

japan better than China in English proficiency???

Have you ever heard japanese speaking English at all??? :rofl:

Link: EF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY <br /> INDEX - THIRD EDITION | EF Worldwide English

VERY HIGH PROFICIENCY
  • 1.Sweden
  • 2.Norway
  • 3.Netherlands
  • 4.Estonia
  • 5.Denmark
  • 6.Austria
  • 7.Finland
HIGH PROFICIENCY
  • 8.Poland
  • 9.Hungary
  • 10.Slovenia
  • 11.Malaysia
  • 12.Singapore
  • 13.Belgium
  • 14.Germany
  • 15.Latvia
  • 16.Switzerland
  • 17.Portugal
MODERATE PROFICIENCY
  • 18.Slovakia
  • 19.Argentina
  • 20.Czech Republic
  • 21.India
  • 22.Hong Kong SAR
  • 23.Spain
  • 24.South Korea
  • 25.Indonesia
  • 26.Japan
  • 27.Ukraine
  • 28.Vietnam
LOW PROFICIENCY
  • 29.Uruguay
  • 30.Sri Lanka
  • 31.Russia
  • 32.Italy
  • 33.Taiwan
  • 34.China
  • 35.France
  • 36.UAE
  • 37.Costa Rica
  • 38.Brazil
  • 39.Peru
  • 40.Mexico
  • 41.Turkey
  • 42.Iran
  • 43.Egypt
VERY LOW PROFICIENCY
  • 44.Chile
  • 45.Morocco
  • 46.Colombia
  • 47.Kuwait
  • 48.Ecuador
  • 49.Venezuela
  • 50.Jordan
  • 51.Qatar
  • 52.Guatemala
  • 53.El Salvador
  • 54.Libya
  • 55.Thailand
  • 56.Panama
  • 57.Kazakhstan
  • 58.Algeria
  • 59.Saudi Arabia
  • 60.Iraq

japan better than China in English proficiency???

Have you ever heard japanese speaking English at all??? :rofl:

I think they have discounted the ' accent' factors in spoken english.
We are not any much better

Well, I just do not think the japs does better than Chinese students.

Actually, nowadays, English education is more widespread and better with the introduction of foreign teachers into every aspects of Chinese education, from primary school to higher education for the past two to three decades.

I think they have discounted the ' accent' factors in spoken english.
We are not any much better

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom