What's new

Earthquake in Karachi ..

WASHINGTON: A magnitude 7.4 earthquake struck various parts of the country, the US Geological Survey reported on Tuesday.

It said the quake, initially reported as a magnitude 7.3, was very shallow at a depth of 6.3 miles (10 km). It struck 34 miles (55 km) west of Dalbandin at 1:23 a.m. local time on Wednesday (2023 GMT on Tuesday).

The Pacific Tsunami Center said the onshore quake had not triggered a tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

A major quake of this magnitude is capable of causing widespread and heavy damage.

Guys any one from Karachi or near by area can give some updates ?....
Its sounds like big one ... hopefully nothing major in damage ...

Hearing Bad news from Kalat . :( they are showing on TV .. Many houses are Collapsed

Guys any one from Karachi or near by area can give some updates ?....
Its sounds like big one ... hopefully nothing major in damage ...

yeah iam from khi but i didn't feel it maybe it hits in some other area

intensity.jpg

exposuresmall.png

**** I felt it! My dining table's glass scratched.

Last edited:
Major 7.4-magnitude quake strikes Pakistan: USGS

WASHINGTON: A magnitude 7.4 earthquake struck various parts of the country, the US Geological Survey reported on Tuesday.

It said the quake, initially reported as a magnitude 7.3, was very shallow at a depth of 6.3 miles (10 km). It struck 34 miles (55 km) west of Dalbandin at 1:23 a.m. local time on Wednesday (2023 GMT on Tuesday).

The Pacific Tsunami Center said the onshore quake had not triggered a tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

A major quake of this magnitude is capable of causing widespread and heavy damage.

Major 7.4-magnitude quake strikes Pakistan: USGS - GEO.tv

Back
Top Bottom