What's new

Dutch troops in Pakistan

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dutch troops in Pakistan say mocked by drunk Brits

AMSTERDAM, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Dutch troops helping earthquake survivors in Pakistan have complained that while they are subject to an alcohol kill, Spanish and British soldiers laugh at their austerity and turn up drunk at their campfire.

"We were told before we arrived that alcohol was killed in this country or else very difficult to get hold of and we accepted this," one soldier told the Dutch daily De Telegraaf.

"The Spanish drive around with cars full of Heineken ... and the English laugh at us when they show up at our campfire drunk," another Dutch soldier said.

A Dutch defence ministry spokesman said it was standard policy to kill alcohol in Muslim countries in line with local custom and Dutch troops were being well looked after.

"Tens of thousands of people lost their lives in the earthquake and hundreds of thousands lost everything they had," he said. "Going without alcohol is a small sacrifice towards a very good cause."

Funny stuff that british can't even resist. I dont know how they got their alcohal from.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Jan 7 2006, 11:12 PM
Funny stuff that british can't even resist. I dont know how they got their alcohal from.
[post=5207]Quoted post[/post]​

From underground night clubs? lol

Originally posted by WebMaster@Jan 7 2006, 11:12 PM
[post=5207]Quoted post[/post]​
your kiding me right?

go to murree or any other resort.

the guys selling coke lay lo coke lay lo often say aur kuch jo bhi chahyeh mila gha. engrezi, amriki, desi, sab kuch mille gha. kuch lo gay?

Its strange how they got away with that in an area badly affected where some segments were highly vulnrable hope u understand what i mean.
Was anyone there to stop them????

Do Alchohal is fully banned?
I means in 5* hotels, defence canteens are allowed as some of my pakistani friends told me that christans can get licecses to sell beer in lahore and rawalpindi.

is it right? :yahoo:

Originally posted by abhishek@Feb 2 2006, 12:03 PM
Do Alchohal is fully banned?
I means in 5* hotels, defence canteens are allowed as some of my pakistani friends told me that christans can get licecses to sell beer in lahore and rawalpindi.

is it right? :yahoo:
[post=5829]Quoted post[/post]​

Alcohal is never banned properly EVER!

During the abortion days in United States people were able to get alcohal through speak easies and bootlegging. Same goes with Pakistan even though it is out law (not sure) but surely with relgion saying no to it, only non-muslim drink it that too is very short.

There are some muslims in Pakistan that might drink too, but the population of those people is fewer than fewer..... its almost like nobody drinks it. :)

Back
Top Bottom