What's new

Drones deal close at hand

Hi,

Pak army doesnot make many foolish decisions regarding weapons procurement---you people need to look and dig a little deeper than what shows on the surface---.

If the pak army is pursuing the american uav---then your antenaes need to go up first thing and the question to be asked is why --- what does the falco lack that the predator offers. What is the significance of this purchase?

By now---you people should learn to think differently---you should favour the proven and tested weapons systems over the unproven and nascent systems.

Remember---war is not the time to test the capabilities of your weapon.
Can't help but feel short-ended with the benefits of this deal.

Talking in terms of capabilities, there are only two. Surveilance and Combat.

I'm sure there are many other UAVs that can provide surveillance capabilities, you gotta fly a plane, it should have enough range, should be able to broadcast its images back and be remote operated.

One of the advantages I think of is related to the last point. We've all heard about predator being controlled from simulator like cockpits. That would be a nice capability to have but I think it wasn't undoable on our own or with the assistance of China.

Combat - Well, the predator's main advantage was that it could sneak up on ya and before you noticed it, you can fire and fly away. Very crucial to our role against the Taliban who can disperse within minutes.

Moreover, Predator XP is about to be available to the General public soon. We can probably get them from a Walmart soon.

I have no idea why is Pakistan still trying to go for such an expensive platform which will be stripped down version, while there are so many other programs in the pipeline around the world in which we can invest and get a real good UAV with reconnaissance as well as armed versions.

We can make our own and get some foreign missile system integrated with it.

Joint collaboration with China is an option.

Turkish one is an option.

South Africans can be looked into.

Falco design can be further improved upon and made into an armed version.

This deal would be good for a stop gap till pakistan makes their own or goes for the Anka-b UCAV or another foreign one. This would all depend on Pakistan's UCAV and how it turns out and how quick.

Is their any dedicated satlite or Gps system made by Pakistan for Burraq & Falco.

A good news! Alhamdolillah.

I have a question that I want Pros to answer if possible.

Surveillance drones surely make sense and could well be used against terrorists as well as aggressor enemy forces but drones like predators mostly qualify against terrorist threats only. In war-scenarios, any armed drone will be an easy target of incoming AA-missile/Aircrafts and wouldn't be able to operate beyond a certain line to ensure self survivability (Surveillance drones would mostly stay near the safe zones and being small and inexpensive, would be feasible to use). UCAVs are a lot expensive and cannot cause a countable damage to the enemy forces. Keeping this aspect in mind.. Are we only excited about its induction to counter local threats?

Hahaha lol...

A GPS system requires at least 23-24 satellites, whereas we haven't gotten around to launch our first satellite.:lol:

then how pakistan navigate Their Uav's?

Hahaha lol...

A GPS system requires at least 23-24 satellites, whereas we haven't gotten around to launch our first satellite.:lol:

then how Pakistan is navigating their Uav's?

then how Pakistan is navigating their Uav's?

Direct Line of Sight.

Till 150-250+ KM range, the UAV can be controlled through direct communication between the GCS and the UAV through data link or radio control communication.

Where the distance is great and direct communication has problems, then Satellite navigation and control is used.

Back
Top Bottom