What's new

Driving to Thailand from India could be a reality by 2016

No, it would be both an alternative as well as a continuation. In the old days, the easier route to and from Burma was through what is now Bangladesh. We have many friends as well as family who were from Burma incidentally.

I was under the impression that to get to the eastern states in India you have to go through Bangladesh.
Is that true? or can you drive around Bangladesh? (would still be faster to simply drive thought BD)
Either way, we need more highways connecting Asia. :tup:

I was under the impression that to get to the eastern states in India you have to go through Bangladesh.
Is that true? or can you drive around Bangladesh? (would still be faster to simply drive thought BD)

Driving through BD would save gas and time. But we do have highways to our eastern states without entering BD.

oh,Thai will be full of illegal Indian cheap workers.
It will also be full of Tata , Ambani and Adani multi billion dollar projects..............;)
Maybe then it will be able to complete it's part of the burma railway...........

No use. I'll be married by then. :sick:
Why marry???
Have a live-in till then........;)

Nope we go through Siliguri corridor......

This is India.

IndiaMap_tourism.gif

See if you can spot a path to north-east India without touching Bangladesh.

Image sourced from Global security.com

We have a 4/6 lanes highway directly from Wagah Border to Imphal without passing Bangladesh.

INDIA.jpg

We need connectivity of Kolkata to NE so we need connectivity throw BD (cause its cheaper)

But for other part of India we are building deep sea port in Burma :tup:

Our own port in ASEAN country will be beneficial for us to trade their.

If that was the case 1971 war would never have happened.

Back
Top Bottom