What's new

DRDO's unmanned aircraft Rustom 2 crashes in Karnataka's Chitradurga

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Rustom-II is a Medium-Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle, developed to carry out surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles for the armed forces with an endurance of 24 hours.

819211-rustom-crash.jpg

BENGALURU: The Defence Research Development Organisation's (DRDO's) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Rustom-II crashed at Jodi Chikkana Halli in Karnataka's Chitradurga district on Tuesday morning. The aircraft's test flight was underway at Challakere Aeronautical Test Range, an outdoor testing and evaluating facility of the DRDO, when the incident took place.

Initially, the crash created panic among villagers and they rushed to the spot to save the passengers. To their utmost surprise, no person was inside or around the UAV. Soon, a large crowd gathered around the unmanned aircraft with many villagers clicking selfies till DRDO officials and police reached the spot.
The DRDO had first displayed Rustom 2 at Defexp-2014 in the national capital and successfully flew the aircraft at the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) at Chalakere at Chitradurga for the first time in February 2018.

Rustom 2 is a Medium-Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle and is expected to replace the Heron UAVs currently in service with the Indian armed forces.
It has been developed to carry out surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles for the armed forces with an endurance of 24 hours. The UAV is capable of carrying different combinations of payloads like synthetic aperture radar, electronic intelligence systems and situational awareness payloads.

The UAV has been designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru and aerospace major Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd and Bharat Electronics Ltd to fulfill the requirements of the Indian Army, Navy and the Air Force, said the DRDO in a previous statement.
https://zeenews.india.com/india/drd...rashes-in-karnatakas-chitradurga-2234885.html

@XiNiX @Dubious @Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER @Areesh @Zarvan @Major Sam

No failure takes place during experimentation or testing, everyone knows that, it isn't proper science unless it's a continuous string of spectacular successes (for the motherland ofcourse). This must be them dimwitted Indians fault, well this says it all doesn't it? we better scrap our entire R&D, we tried.

Rustom-II is a Medium-Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle, developed to carry out surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles for the armed forces with an endurance of 24 hours.

819211-rustom-crash.jpg

BENGALURU: The Defence Research Development Organisation's (DRDO's) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Rustom-II crashed at Jodi Chikkana Halli in Karnataka's Chitradurga district on Tuesday morning. The aircraft's test flight was underway at Challakere Aeronautical Test Range, an outdoor testing and evaluating facility of the DRDO, when the incident took place.

Initially, the crash created panic among villagers and they rushed to the spot to save the passengers. To their utmost surprise, no person was inside or around the UAV. Soon, a large crowd gathered around the unmanned aircraft with many villagers clicking selfies till DRDO officials and police reached the spot.
The DRDO had first displayed Rustom 2 at Defexp-2014 in the national capital and successfully flew the aircraft at the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) at Chalakere at Chitradurga for the first time in February 2018.

Rustom 2 is a Medium-Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle and is expected to replace the Heron UAVs currently in service with the Indian armed forces.
It has been developed to carry out surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles for the armed forces with an endurance of 24 hours. The UAV is capable of carrying different combinations of payloads like synthetic aperture radar, electronic intelligence systems and situational awareness payloads.

The UAV has been designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru and aerospace major Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd and Bharat Electronics Ltd to fulfill the requirements of the Indian Army, Navy and the Air Force, said the DRDO in a previous statement.
https://zeenews.india.com/india/drd...rashes-in-karnatakas-chitradurga-2234885.html

Thanx for the Update. I wish they crash more and more like they did with Astra.. Nag .. PSLV.. GSLV till they perfect it.. like they did with the rest.

indian drones started to crash before deployment which is very bad sign

These are still under developement dude.

Initially, the crash created panic among villagers and they rushed to the spot to save the passengers. To their utmost surprise, no person was inside or around the UAV
typical indian news .....
they created crash as science fiction for nation that we are so advance , our place fly without pilots

819211-rustom-crash.jpg

And you want me to believe we can send objects to Mars and Moon?

Astra.. Nag .. PSLV.. GSLV
All big failures....PSLV and GSLV are Russian gifts / purchases.

No failure takes place during experimentation or testing, everyone knows that, it isn't proper science unless it's a continuous string of spectacular successes (for the motherland ofcourse). This must be them dimwitted Indians fault, well this says it all doesn't it? we better scrap our entire R&D, we tried.
You failed to make sub-sonic cruise missile, Drones and claimed to send mission for moon and Mars :lol:

You failed to make sub-sonic cruise missile, Drones and claimed to send mission for moon and Mars :lol:
Causation and corelation comprehension issues aside, you do know R&D has multiple branches independently or jointly working towards numerous initiatives unrelated to each other, the results of one may positively or negatively or not at all affect the objectives of the others.

It would be akin to cutting down the entire tree due to one bad fruit during one season.

An example of a military machine built with Iman, Ihlas, Ittihat, Uhuvvet etc., which immediately draws numerous Bereket and Rahmet!!! It's primary job is to strike terror into the hearts of the Ehl-i Dunya, and their proxy traitor terrorists.....
d966e012-3e92-4f16-a284-ec4eabaef113-jpeg.579702
Of all actual superior aspects of the drone you could've gone with, you went with this hogwash 'Iman, Ihlas, Ittihat, Uhuvvet' ?
What was it again? 20kgs of Iman, 1 litre of Ihlas, a dash of Ittihat and Uhuvvet for the added destructive value?

Causation and corelation comprehension issues aside, you do know R&D has multiple branches independently or jointly working towards numerous initiatives unrelated to each other.

Of all actual superior aspects of the drone you could've gone with, you went with this hogwash 'Iman, Ihlas, Ittihat, Uhuvvet' ?
What was it again? 20kgs of Iman, 1 litre of Ihlas, a dash of Ittihat and Uhuvvet for the added destructive value?
My comment isn't for the Mushrik Ehl-i Kufr (Idolaters people of disbelief)......

My comment isn't for the Mushrik Ehl-i Kufr (Idolaters people of disbelief)......
Your comments aren't for the comity of reason either, why do you insist upon bringing spiritual aspects to something that is intrinsically reason based.

All big failures....PSLV and GSLV are Russian gifts /
GSLV MK1 was Russian engine, MK2 was Indian reverse engineered copy of Russian engine and Mk3 is Indigenous enhine build with different gas cycle.
PSLV is purely Indigenous. India made it on its own.
You failed to make sub-sonic cruise missile, Drones and claimed to send mission for moon and Mars
India has made subsonic cruise missile. It has been tested too. It is not yet fully developed or deployed but has made good progress with several continuous success recently. India is adapting the missile to various platform and is mainly meant to be fired from jets and ships.

Sending mission to moon has nothing to do with cruise missiles. USA didn't have cruise missiles when it sent its space mission in 1960s.

@Dubious < Another Example ! Please help.

No No. You simply need to carry on your fake agenda...I'll tell you 10 years ago.... Some other "AfrazulMadal" was doing exactly the same.

Result... NOTHING.

Infact, working on fiver.com will be a much better service to yourself and your nation.
But Both of know that you least care what i just said.. so please.. my friend.. carry on....

PS : For Readers > Search for these and be amazed ...

1. China Reached Space.. Manned Mission.. But Still Cant Make a jet Engine !
2. The Awesome NASA landed Man on Moon.. But still Imports.. RD 180 from Russia !!

But If I tell the above to @AfrazulMandal , he will say.. oh.. China didn't make jet Engine... How can they Reach Space ?

@Dubious < Another Example ! Please help.

No No. You simply need to carry on your fake agenda...I'll tell you 10 years ago.... Some other "AfrazulMadal" was doing exactly the same.

Result... NOTHING.

Infact, working on fiver.com will be a much better service to yourself and your nation.
But Both of know that you least care what i just said.. so please.. my friend.. carry on....

PS : For Readers > Search for these and be amazed ...

1. China Reached Space.. Manned Mission.. But Still Cant Make a jet Engine !
2. The Awesome NASA landed Man on Moon.. But still Imports.. RD 180 from Russia !!

DRDO continuing its tradition. What is new here?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom