What's new

DRDO Develops Charge Line Mine Clearing Equipment

Techy

Reaction score
Country
United States
DRDO Develops Charge Line Mine Clearing Equipment

DRDO_Charge_Line_Mine_Clearing_Equipment.jpg

DRDO has developed two types of mine clearing equipments, namely, Charge Line Mine Clearing -Vehicles CLMC(V) and Charge Line Mine Clearing - Personnel CLMC(P)

CLMC (V)

This equipment has been developed to clear pressure-sensitive antitank mines in a mine ?eld and to create a safe lane of 300 m length and 6 m width for the tank movement. The equipment consists of an explosive line charge which is projected onto the mine ?eld with the help of rocket cluster. The equipment is mounted on a trailer which is capable of being towed by a tank. The line charge is straightened in flight with the help of parachutes. An initiator is fixed at the rear end of the explosive hose which detonates the explosive alter a delay of 10 s on landing. The blast generated on detonation actuates the pressure-susceptible antitank mines. The item is under production for the Services.

CLMC (P)

This equipment is developed to clear antipersonnel mines in the mine field to create a 180 m long and 0.5 m wide path. The equipment consists of an explosive filled hose and a rocket motor to project the hose onto the mine field. A parachute connected to the rear end of the hose helps to keep the hose straight white landing on ground. It also consists of two initiators each ?xed at front and rear ends of the hose. The initiators function after a delay of about 8 s after landing and detonate the explosive. The blast generated on detonation, actuates the pressure-sensitive antipersonnel mines. The equipment can be used in the assault stage of an attack operation to providing safe lanes to infantry. If safe lanes are not possible to be made during assault stage due to tactical reasons. The equipment can be used in the reorganisation stage for making safe lanes. The equipment has already been introduced into the Services.

DRDO

These kinds of equipment are a basic need of the army and mechanised columns, it helps in saving men and material, I am glad India is manufacturing these stuff, more indigenous equipment which are designed and made in India are the need of the hour.

These kinds of equipment are a basic need of the army and mechanised columns, it helps in saving men and material, I am glad India is manufacturing these stuff, more indigenous equipment which are designed and made in India are the need of the hour.

See, this kind of stuff, is what tanks need in order to move into Pakistan. Tanks alone can not create a convoy.

Cool, now strap a few onto Arjun and make a heavy demolitions version:

M1_Assault_Breacher_Vehicle.jpg

abv_l1.jpg

ABV-013a.jpg

Or retro fit older T-72s into a BMR-3M configuration:

mrKDVm4.jpg

tmt-s_11.jpg

376568-alexfas01.jpg

See, this kind of stuff, is what tanks need in order to move into Pakistan. Tanks alone can not create a convoy.

In actual combat, over hostile territory it is useless.

NO army is going to sit idle, waiting for the invading army to clear the mine filed. The first thing they will take out is the mine clearing assets.

Cool, now strap a few onto Arjun and make a heavy demolitions version:

M1_Assault_Breacher_Vehicle.jpg

abv_l1.jpg

ABV-013a.jpg

Or retro fit older T-72s into a BMR-3M configuration:

mrKDVm4.jpg

tmt-s_11.jpg

376568-alexfas01.jpg

Stop giving ideas to the Enemy ! :pissed:

@Nihonjin1051 - I thought the Valkyrie was on our side ? :(

And yup sorry guys I've been away ! :ashamed:

University is tough stuff....aahhh the academic journals that I have to go through ! :mad:

NO army is going to sit idle, waiting for the invading army to clear the mine filed. The first thing they will take out is the mine clearing assets.

Which is why it needs to be a mounted system, so it can be mobile and supported by heavy armor and mechanized infantry. You certainly can send demolitions into a combat area unsupported.

a68a2713fd2f9c8e6414e8e0b3789c6d

AFPGetty-522084542.jpg

MCLC's are good for static demolitions too, like for captured munitions:

US_Navy_111213-N-BA263-028_Lt._j.g._Jacob_Mello,_assigned_to_Commander,_Task_Group_56.1,_prepares_25_mm_high-explosive_incendiary_rounds_for_dispos.jpg

But for crossing a minefield during combat ops... this is just too slow and cumbersome.

2000x880_q95.jpg

Something like the BMR-3M, a T-72 conversion, is an ideal system for battlefield demolitions.

University is tough stuff....aahhh the academic journals that I have to go through ! :mad:

Ermahgerd!!! You're back!!!

polls_hugz_5506_59204_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

We're 'ya going to school and whatcha doing?

Which is why it needs to be a mounted system, so it can be mobile and supported by heavy armor and mechanized infantry. You certainly can send demolitions into a combat area unsupported.

a68a2713fd2f9c8e6414e8e0b3789c6d

AFPGetty-522084542.jpg

MCLC's are good for static demolitions too, like for captured munitions:

US_Navy_111213-N-BA263-028_Lt._j.g._Jacob_Mello,_assigned_to_Commander,_Task_Group_56.1,_prepares_25_mm_high-explosive_incendiary_rounds_for_dispos.jpg

But for crossing a minefield during combat ops... this is just too slow and cumbersome.

2000x880_q95.jpg

Something like the BMR-3M, a T-72 conversion, is an ideal system for battlefield demolitions.

Ermahgerd!!! You're back!!!

polls_hugz_5506_59204_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

We're 'ya going to school and whatcha doing?

Once you start clearing a mine filed, irrespective of what it is mounted on, you have already slowed down the offense, and given an upper hand to the defenders. AND that is all they need.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/drdo-develops-charge-line-mine-clearing-equipment.419617/#ixzz3yV3tfSIf
Remote operated mine clearance vehicles are the future. Armor and weight is a logistical variable. And you are right. No army sits idle. But they do take shelter from indirect fire and direct fire!
Its a speed bump is all mines really are.
What you do with the added time is up to the defender`s strat.
IA motto, don`t wait, push forward. IE for India time is important because of the snowball effect.

Once you start clearing a mine filed, irrespective of what it is mounted on, you have already slowed down the offense, and given an upper hand to the defenders. AND that is all they need.
To Inidan Army,time is always of utmost importance and that is why,during past battles,Indian columns had charged forward over prepared minefields without waiting for the sappers to clear a way and taken their objectives.Slowing down is really not an option for these guys,you can be sure about that.The same has been true with the Pakistanis as well (if one is to follow the official Indian narratives of the 65 and 71 conflicts)!!

Stop giving ideas to the Enemy ! :pissed:

@Nihonjin1051 - I thought the Valkyrie was on our side ? :(

Welcome back!!!! Praying that your studies are going great, don't be a stranger now.

CMF-72-1.jpg

CRxXaaP.jpg

Flail on Arjun and T72s

EX%2BVIJAYEE%2BBHAVA%2BIN%2BPROGRESS-702745.jpg

T55
FWMP.jpg

T72

Really cool, I honestly didn't know you had such vehicles (shows how little attention I pay to the world outside my bubble:p:), but a flail isn't doing sh*t against non-conventional explosives like IEDs, which are typically command or victim detonated. Flails are really effective against conventional fusing systems like vibration, pressure or noise, but less effective against magnetic detonation devices.

Still, MCLCs beat flails in defeating all of these, and also IEDs, which is why we don't see a flail on the US Assault Breacher Vehicle, but do see two M58 MCLCs - which makes sense considering the US is also concerned with IEDs and conventional mines.

A MCLC is also faster and cuts a wider swath through a minefield:

Speed of a flail:

Versus a MCLC:

Neither has too much range, but MCLCs excel where a flail falls short. It's good the Indian Army has flails and mine-clearance vehicles, but they're not really a substitute for this:

QtKpx1R.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

this-assault-breacher-might-be-the-most-bizarre-thing-youll-see-all-weekend.jpg

No matter whether or not you've existing T-72 conversions or retrofitted T-55s, your Arjun is ripe for the pickings as a heavy demolitions vehicle like the ABV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really cool, but a flail isn't doing sh*t against non-conventional explosives like IEDs, which are typically command or victim detonated. Flail are really effective against conventional fusing systems like vibration, pressure or noise, but less effective against magnetic detonation devices.

Still, MCLCs beat flails in defeating all of these, and also IEDs, which is why we don't see a flail on the US Assault Breacher Vehicle, but do see two M58 MCLCs - which makes sense considering the US is also converned with IEDs and conventional mines.

A MCLC is also faster and cuts a wider swatch through a minefield:

Speed of a flail:

Versus a MCLC:

Neither has too much range, but both excel where a flail falls short. It's good the Indian Army has flails and mine-clearance vehicles, but they're not really a substitute for this:

QtKpx1R.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

this-assault-breacher-might-be-the-most-bizarre-thing-youll-see-all-weekend.jpg

No matter whether or not you've existing T-72 conversions or retrofitted T-55s, your Arjun is ripe for the pickings as a heavy demolitions vehicle like the ABV.
Video
UR-77

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom