What's new

DRDO developed Arudhra AESA radar inducted in IAF

congratulations DRDO for this achievement and hardwork

congrats kinetic you were right :agree:
while some were :blah:

Kinetic bro some time back there was talk of radars (i think y band or some thing) with ranges more than 2000 -4000 kms detection range being developed or bought from (Russia may be). Do u have any news on this.

On topic i am really happy for this development and this shows the Aesa for LCA is well on its way. Don't you think??

Yes, there was a news report that India may buy a X-band missile and satellite tracking radar with ~4000 km range from US but I do not believe it.

Yes, its one of the great achievement of DRDO in radar technology. LCA AESA should be ready by 2014.

Yeah there was indeed a news regarding a 4000 km range X band AESA radar from USA for BMD.
Dude we need to wait for more credible news for such type of report.

4000Km should be the next goal after 1600Km swf-2 radar
but there is a need for 1600 Km radar first

Yes, there was a news report that India may buy a X-band missile and satellite tracking radar with ~4000 km range from US but I do not believe it.

Yes, its one of the great achievement of DRDO in radar technology. LCA AESA should be ready by 2014.

Bro,I know it is not reliable.I just wanted to notify him that there was a rumour for sure.

I guess cloud is clear now.. Shiv reports that this is an Israel

Correct. This is an Israeli radar as Prasun points out, and as is mentioned in the press release. Not an Indian-built one as my post said. My mistake.

@Prasun: Contrary to your understanding, this blog doesn't publish press releases as default (so those "reasons unknown" are actually just the norm here on Livefist).

Here's the IAF's press release in full:

ARUDHRA MEDIUM POWER RADAR (MPR) INDUCTED IN THE IAF

New Delhi : 03 Jun 2011

Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, Chief of the Air Staff today inducted the first Medium Power Radar (MPR), named Arudhra by the IAF at Air Force Station Naliya in Gujrat.

At Naliya, an airbase which plays a pivotal role in the air defence of Saurashtra Kutch Region, the induction of this state of the art radar forms a part of radar upgradation and towards integration of all sensors into an Air Defence network.

This event at the culmination of Commanders’ Conference of South Western Air Command (SWAC) saw Air Marshal A K Gogoi accompanying the Air Chief. Officers from Air HQ and South Western Air Command (SWAC) as well

I guess people who are trying to bash for no reason should understand that i have no bad intention.. i did rejoice when shiv reported it is Indian.. and now we are back to square one..

Reasons... Both Israel and DRDO are developing Radars with same name.. i guess this is cleared in BRF also by Karan M...

The Israel is renamed with same name as of DRDO by IAF i guess..

i think this is for both.... There was a report saying unlike Rajendra which is typed to Akash... these new radars wont be... we can launch any missiles or monitor with new Radars built by LRDE
rajesndra is a PESA with about 4000 modules,it is the FCR for the akash SAM system
it was the first ground based phased array radar developed by DRDO

what?are you serious?X-BAND surveillance radar?sir,with due respect,you dont use X-BAND for surveillance purposes because of the simple fact that X--BAND waves are more prone to loss due to attenuation than the larger waves like l-band or VHF etc
so the detection range of a x-band radar will be much lesser than a l-band radar with similar peak power characteristics
though on a negative side,L-band have much lesser spatial and velocity resolution,and renders a poor GAIN,and directivity

Any aerial activity in Karachi will be painted on Arudhra Radar ... !!! :tup:
Yeah, you could probably even pick up a target like Veena Malick in her bathing suit at Karachi beach!! :woot:

But seriously, this is good news! I wonder if they're deploying PAD together with this radar, considering the number of VAs out there.

Cheers!

wow great news india is quickly achieveing self reliance in avionics development. a 4d aesa radar is simply awsome. r there still some avionics which we haven't been able to make indegeneously except the lca aesa radar under development??? plzz someone let me know.

Yeah, you could probably even pick up a target like Veena Malick in her bathing suit at Karachi beach!! :woot:

But seriously, this is good news! I wonder if they're deploying PAD together with this radar, considering the number of VAs out there.

Cheers!

loll veena malik now lives and earns in india. pakistan couldnt give her anything. anyways i heard they are trying to build a 1500km radar for pad and aad and future abms.

wow great news india is quickly achieveing self reliance in avionics development. a 4d aesa radar is simply awsome. r there still some avionics which we haven't been able to make indegeneously except the lca aesa radar under development??? plzz someone let me know.

loll veena malik now lives and earns in india. pakistan couldnt give her anything. anyways i heard they are trying to build a 1500km radar for pad and aad and future abms.
the development work on upgraded SWR(sword fish radar) is complete,with increased count of t/r modules it can very well detect rargets at seemingly impossible ranges of 1500km,and in my opinion,pakistan does NOT have this capabiltity

@Orion & Karan,
Guys,PAD will never be deployed in operational service as it was not meant to be an operational system;rather PAD was the stepping stone for PDV,the deployable BMD missile...

Back
Top Bottom