What's new

DRDO conducted cold weather trials of MCIWS

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the ongoing 'Make In India' exhibition going on in Mumbai, a DRDO ARDE official was heard saying that the assault rifle has undergone firing trials in Siachin. He also added that the rifle has been also tested in jungle and desert environment. He said that no problem has been encountered in the rifle and all the evaluation trials are complete. They were now awaiting the user trials by the Indian Army.

Source: defencenews.in

Source: defencenews.in

WOW......Good news...this came out of nowhere and to top that "no reported issues with the gun". If true, IA can get its first batch by next year.

WOW......Good news...this came out of nowhere and to top that "no reported issues with the gun". If true, IA can get its first batch by next year.
..without kickbacks, IA brass & MOD babus will not let this happen..

It'll need to go through user trials, which usually take foooorrreeevvvveeerrrrr. Just look at msmc, it's back in trials again.

First batch will be in service by 2018 at the earliest is what I have heard.

It'll need to go through user trials, which usually take foooorrreeevvvveeerrrrr.varient ook at msmc, it's back in trials again.

MSMC is back? Oh I thought it gone... good to know.

Sir wanted to ask a question on Indian T90s.
Sir we use LEDS150 of SAAB on the 'S'varient and not the Russian Shtora as it lacked the IF countermeasures, in its export platform.
Is the SAAB alternative having IF Countermeasures? And is it better than the Russian ones ?
Also what does the ' M ' variants are equipped with ?
Thanks

MSMC is back? Oh I thought it gone... good to know.

Sir wanted to ask a question on Indian T90s.
Sir we use LEDS150 of SAAB on the 'S'varient and not the Russian Shtora as it lacked the IF countermeasures, in its export platform.
Is the SAAB alternative having IF Countermeasures? And is it better than the Russian ones ?
Also what does the ' M ' variants are equipped with ?
Thanks

T90S doesnt have the SAAB APS. It doesnt have a passive defence system, either. This is as far as I know.

I remember hearing India's T90s will all, or nearly all will get some sort of defence suite down the line.
d37zjAY.png

LASTEC has designed and developed a laser warning and countermeasure system for Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFVs). A LWS is capable of handling multiple type of laser threats and has an operational range of more than 6 km for laser designator type of laser threat. After detecting the laser threat along with its direction, it also has the capability to generate trigger signal to activate the grenade launcher for firing of smoke grenade in the direction of laser threat to obscure the platform under threat. Technology of the LWS has been transferred to BEL, Pune.

d4Wwugy.png

The laser warning sensors detects the laser radiation processes, determine the PRF and edge matching signals. It comprises of opto-electronic front end, signal processing and conditioning, embedded module for PRF decoding, and edge matching signal.

y3dzxIz.png

The master controller receive inputs from multiple laser warning sensors, processes the information and feeds the desired commands to the decoy laser. The master controller comprises of hardware and software module to interface with the laser sensor units and the decoy laser.

GzHWCY3.png

Decoy laser is a high energy laser source that takes command from laser warning system and generate a pulsed laser radiation synchronised with the PRF generated by the laser warning system. It is used to illuminate a dummy target to misguide the laser guided bomb on to the dummy target.

DRDO recently certified their armored passive defence system. They are also working on their own APS. Besides that, Israeli LWS is being used in Arjun Mark 2. These can make it to India's T90 fleet, or others.

What I can remember of the T90M, it has new engine, new ERA plates, and defence suite. Google is your friend, Ankit.

Why do trials take so long time ? I have been hearing about trials for the last two years. Also the guns will require some familiarisation time with units before being fully inducted.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom