DRAP allows clinical trials of coronavirus blood plasma treatment

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Web Desk On Apr 9, 2020 Last updated Apr 9, 2020
ISLAMABAD: In a major development to fight coronavirus, the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) has allowed clinical trials of blood plasma therapy to treat coronavirus patients in the country, ARY News reported on Thursday.

Plasma, the fluid in blood teeming with antibodies post-illness, has already proven effective in small studies to treat infectious diseases including Ebola and SARS.

The announcement was made by Special Assistant to PM on Health, Dr Zafar Mirza, here today.

“The DRAP has also approved local manufacturing of the raw material of the anti-malarial drug, chloroquine.”

Dr Mirza said the DRAP has also allowed clinical tests of the domestically produced ventilators.

More than 50 local companies have been permitted to produce hand sanitiizers due to the shortage of it [hand sanitizers] in the market.

Read more: Chinese doctors using plasma therapy on coronavirus

The permission to the companies has been given for three months only.

The companies holding licenses have been asked to produce hand sanitizers in the line of the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.

It may be noted that last month, Pakistan’s first coronavirus patient, Yahya Jaffri, who has fully recovered from the disease, had donated his blood at the Children’s Hospital and Research Institute Karachi for the extraction of plasma, which could be used for the treatment of a critical patient infected with \ COVID-19
https://arynews.tv/en/coronavirus-drap-clinical-trial-blood-plasma-treatment/

@Zibago

Sir,

Lets hope for the sake of humanity that this works out wel.

Regards
Also this crisis has shown us fully how dangerous obesity is for young people now should be the time for governments to stop with fat acceptance bs and discourage unhealthy eating and lifestyles
80% of critical patients in france were obese

Web Desk On Apr 9, 2020 Last updated Apr 9, 2020
ISLAMABAD: In a major development to fight coronavirus, the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) has allowed clinical trials of blood plasma therapy to treat coronavirus patients in the country, ARY News reported on Thursday.

Plasma, the fluid in blood teeming with antibodies post-illness, has already proven effective in small studies to treat infectious diseases including Ebola and SARS.

The announcement was made by Special Assistant to PM on Health, Dr Zafar Mirza, here today.

“The DRAP has also approved local manufacturing of the raw material of the anti-malarial drug, chloroquine.”

Dr Mirza said the DRAP has also allowed clinical tests of the domestically produced ventilators.

More than 50 local companies have been permitted to produce hand sanitiizers due to the shortage of it [hand sanitizers] in the market.

Read more: Chinese doctors using plasma therapy on coronavirus

The permission to the companies has been given for three months only.

The companies holding licenses have been asked to produce hand sanitizers in the line of the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.

It may be noted that last month, Pakistan’s first coronavirus patient, Yahya Jaffri, who has fully recovered from the disease, had donated his blood at the Children’s Hospital and Research Institute Karachi for the extraction of plasma, which could be used for the treatment of a critical patient infected with \ COVID-19
https://arynews.tv/en/coronavirus-drap-clinical-trial-blood-plasma-treatment/

Sindh government allowed it last week.

I have heard that there are some quick recoveries in some critical patients in Karachi selected for trials Vs those who were not given the plasma. But the trial is very small.. there is some difficulty in getting the plasma from recovered patients.

Also this crisis has shown us fully how dangerous obesity is for young people now should be the time for governments to stop with fat acceptance bs and discourage unhealthy eating and lifestyles
80% of critical patients in france were obese
Yaar I am 84 kgs with 5'11". overweight of course.. Tu tou phhaar raha hai..

I am 70 at 5,9 with a fairly active lifestyle (well before the lockdown that is :D )

@Zibago

Zigabo sb,

As a fat person desperately trying to reduce, I fully second your sentiments!

Regards
I was a fat kid :D I think the movement against obesity has to start at schools

Sindh government allowed it last week.

I have heard that there are some quick recoveries in some critical patients in Karachi selected for trials Vs those who were not given the plasma. But the trial is very small.. there is some difficulty in getting the plasma from recovered patients.

88 kg with 6'2. Not much difference between me and you.. 1 year before it was 97Kg

What If I told you I was actually trying to gain wait and used to be 62 kg few years back :D
I was 52 with 5'11'' when I was 19... a fast bowler.. used to eat a lot and would use bicycle all the time.. used to drink more than a liter milk everyday.. was trying hard to gain weight but was not able to.. only when I got employed and started driving, I started putting on weight..

I can only dream of reducing 14 kgs..

3 Years back once i took my daughter to hospital for vaccination i check my weight it was 83 and after 1 year i again checked it came down to 72 i didnt even do any exercise. But maybe due to all the activities like playing with daughter and taking family out for walk . Now this #StayHome thing is going to further reduce it, because my family is not here and im all alone at home, and dont know jackshist about cooking. In last two days i learned how to prepare eggs + tea + paratha. And at night im eating some fruits

I was 52 with 5'11'' when I was 19... a fast bowler.. used to eat a lot and would use bicycle all the time.. used to drink more than a liter milk everyday.. was trying hard to gain weight but was not able to.. only when I got employed and started driving, I started putting on weight..
I spend daily like 1.5 hour at the gym 6 days a week so that helps a little :D Once this corona shit is over my routine will return
Also I have distanced myself from a lot of sugar except for in my tea :D
No coke or candy from now on

Back
Top Bottom