What's new

does pak army learn other languages?

Azadkashmir

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i am sure american army learns languages of its enemies and friends like.

so my question does pak army learn other languages such russian, german, french etc.

Our enemy is india
We speak same language just written differently

That’s stupid. You know how many different languages there are in Pakistan and India?

Do you think it would make sense to speak in Urdu where your enemy may be listening to comm lines and can easily understand you or say Pashto where they would have a harder time?

Same applies to India. And of course they learn other languages.

i am sure american army learns languages of its enemies and friends like.

so my question does pak army learn other languages such russian, german, french etc.

In Islamabad, there was an institute known as the National Institute of Modern Languages, I think now it is transformed into the National University of Modern Languages.
Many of the students in university are Armed Forces officers, who learn the languages of their country of assignment in the capacity of Attaches and could be some kind of other deployments - but could not be confirmed.

That’s stupid. You know how many different languages there are in Pakistan and India?

Do you think it would make sense to speak in Urdu where your enemy may be listening to comm lines and can easily understand you or say Pashto where they would have a harder time?

Same applies to India. And of course they learn other languages.
Would just love to obscure radio communications completely by keeping Tamizh speakers on both sides.

Italian would be helpful for senior fauj officers for once they retire and open up authentic italian Papa Jones pizza shops all across America.

Maybe Mandarin should be learnt to help coordination with China in the impending 2 front conquest of India.

Last edited:
once they make flag officers all they understand, mainoon plot wikha mera mood banay.

The dollar language, probably since the time of Ayub, though it has limited vocabulary, most common terms are: "$" with lots of "ones" and "zeros" and some treachery in the mix though the latter is acted upon rather then spoken. This 'language' is usually practiced by a small niche, usually personals in higher posts. I hear our dear COAS is quite fluent..*

In Islamabad, there was an institute known as the National Institute of Modern Languages, I think now it is transformed into the National University of Modern Languages.
Many of the students in university are Armed Forces officers, who learn the languages of their country of assignment in the capacity of Attaches and could be some kind of other deployments - but could not be confirmed.
A friend in PAF went for staff college Japan. He had to spend 1 year at NUML first to learn Japanese before going for the course.

I think OP means it in a more strategic sense.

I read it in some article or book that some Indian personnel learnt Russian, so during the war if their communication lines were tapped into, the opponent wouldn't be able to understand them.

I don't know if this would be still relevant today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom