What's new

Documentary about Induction of F-16 & F-7P in PAF

TaimiKhan

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just found an old video documentary about the induction of F-16 & F-7P in PAF. Found it very informative & exciting to watch too.

Hope you guys enjoy it, if had been posted before, sorry for the repetition.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the speaker say in the second video at around 2:25?
First he says the software for the HUD in the F-7P was all written by the PAF. Then he says that the PAF have also helped China with HUD software, right? What does he say about the ECM at 3:23?

At 4:18 we see the body panels on top of the nose removed - where is the air intake? All I can see is boxes of electronics.

What does the speaker say in the second video at around 2:25?
First he says the software for the HUD in the F-7P was all written by the PAF. Then he says that the PAF have also helped China with HUD software, right? What does he say about the ECM at 3:23?

At 4:18 we see the body panels on top of the nose removed - where is the air intake? All I can see is boxes of electronics.

Yes, that's what he said about the HUD. He might be referring to the Flares & Chaff dispensers used to counter AAs & SAMs & may also have ECM for jamming & missile warning purposes.

The portion that you are referring to is directly in front of the cockpit, which in no way can become the air intake, so the air flow in the intake is on the sideways.

Below pic may give a better understanding.

deab50040c3898847fecc643683bbca1.jpg

Last edited:
Something wrong with the Net its not opening... I first saw the "induction of F16 and F7 in PAf" on PTV in 1989 in which an F7 pilot sitting in the cockpit was intervied and he said" Mujhay Fakhar hai k ye Jahaaz Chalaanay ka Mouka Mila"

2. A/C Sattar Alvi, A/C Shafi Haider were also interviewed.

3. An F16 pilot named Khawaja Majeed (I guess) was also interviewed.

Something wrong with the Net its not opening... I first saw the "induction of F16 and F7 in PAf" on PTV in 1989 in which an F7 pilot sitting in the cockpit was intervied and he said" Mujhay Fakhar hai k ye Jahaaz Chalaanay ka Mouka Mila"

2. A/C Sattar Alvi, A/C Shafi Haider were also interviewed.

3. An F16 pilot named Khawaja Majeed (I guess) was also interviewed.

Yes that the one posted above.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom