What's new

DMRC to help build Dhaka Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth hurts bud. I know the average size of new cars in India. Compared to the size of the market -on average Bangladeshi buyers are simply more discerning about the type or size of car than in India. Remnants of the Maruti 800 mentality which simply couldn't sell in Bangladesh other than Taxi fleets (who also abandoned it with disdain after a year). What passes for mid-size cars in Bangladesh often is considered luxury in India. Talking about the avg. car costing ten lakh rupees - i.e. Honda City, Hyundai Verna (accent in US), Toyota Corolla Altis, these cars are the minimum size for new Bangladesh market vehicles. Cars in the i10 class simply won't sell here but they sell quite briskly in the Indian market from what I've seen.

The truth is that the Indian car buyer is simply more 'kanjoos' and therefore companies like Toyota have to downgrade components to a cheaper level before selling in India. Sometimes companies like Toyota don't even launch the same car in India as in the rest of Asia because they fear Indian car buyers are too kanjoos to buy it. Case in point the Toyota Vios which was launched for the rest of Asia was considered too expensive for India - so TKM launched the Toyota Corolla Altis (which is actually a downgraded Tercel/Yaris and not a Corolla at all).

And bringing up BMW, Audi and MBZ is BS because that's not what most of the Indian populace buys, there're plenty of those in Bangladesh too for the size of the market. Let's leave those out of the equation.

Have you ever been to Dhaka? There are plenty of luxury cars on the road here in spite of the 300% tax.

Leave them. It's easy to cherry pick the bright spots that would even make the Sub Saharan African countries look like the most developed regions in the world. These Indians are desperate to promote themselves as a First World Country but the reality is they are centuries behind from being so.

Last edited:
Leave them. It's easy to cherry pick the bright spots that would even make the Sub Saharan African countries look like the most developed regions in the world. These Indians are desperate to promote themselves among the First World Countries but the reality is they are centuries behind from being so.

Centuries behind, eh!! Mark my words, WE WILL BECOME A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY WITHIN THIS CENTURY ONLY. And not only a first world country, but the world's biggest economy, WITHIN THIS CENTURY.

Centuries behind, eh!! Mark my words, WE WILL BECOME A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY WITHIN THIS CENTURY ONLY. And not only a first world country, but the world's biggest economy, WITHIN THIS CENTURY.

Realistically, don't think so, China will attain that title within a decade and sustain it for a long time. Besides, only being one of the largest economies won't make you a first world country, your metros are not even 1% of your entire country and you know the real state of the rest 99%.

I could post all sorts of 'lota action' pictures from India but I am not going to stoop so low - I still have some scruples left. These pictures you posted are from the Global Iztema held every year in Tongi near Dhaka. The govt. should do something about carrying these people back to their destinations and inserting some order to the process. It is heavily disorganized as seen. But I don't think we should be buying more unreliable DLW locos to solve the problem...it would be akin to stepping into deeper quicksand.

Why do Indians generally have a hard time believing that they have a reputation issue with their products and their businessmen in the whole world, not just Bangladesh?

Go ask anyone that has tried to do business with India. I'm not talking about the Tatas, Reliance Group etc. Talking about medium scale business-people and lower in India. Even good-sized business houses like Cadbury, Titan and Parachute which do plenty of business in Bangladesh. This is well known not just in Bangladeshi circles, everyone in Asia generally and especially China knows about it. The Chinese are of course very leery about conducting any business with Indian business-people. Thankfully they know that Bangladeshis are not like Indians - their word is as good as money in the pocket.

'High Quality' and 'Reliable' simply cannot be mentioned in the same breath when one talks about the majority of Indian products or businessmen. 'Gandha/Sastē māl' and 'Thakbaaz' is more like it. Believe me - I've met lots of smaller and mid-sized business-people from India. Mentality is more or less the same.

This has affected me negatively as well when I went around Asia with business propositions and such - until I cleared the air about the fact that I was not from India although I looked North Indian. Sad....

This is incredible.

I recently bought from trivenichemicals.com for my research organisation.

Even whilst being more expensive than Malay and Chinese suppliers, they were far more conducive for good business relations.

Realistically, don't think so, China will attain that title within a decade and sustain it for a long time. Besides, only being one of the largest economies won't make you a first world country, your metros are not even 1% of your entire country and you know the real state of the rest 99%.

Realistically or unrealistically, I didn't really expect you to think so, hence no surprise here. But what I said will happen within this century, even China knows it.

And I am referring to what scholars outside Bangladesh are predicting.

And I never referred to any Bangladeshi scholar. BTW care to provide any link that support your statement? (non-Indian of course)

I can show some links where even Indian scholars refuting your statements.

And I never referred to any Bangladeshi scholar. BTW care to provide any link that support your statement? (non-Indian of course)

Many, just Google. However, I said "Mark my words", we will achieve whatever I said within this century, with or without any scholar's certificate.

I can show some links where even Indian scholars refuting your statements.

What? Now you are saying even India has scholars?? That's utterly blasphemous for a true Bangladeshi. Hope you don't get fried in hell for this.

If we can kindly bring back the discussion on topic please...

The point I was making that people (both lay people and the technocrats as well as the average bureaucrat) in Bangladesh have already voted with their opinion and money that they don't like or endorse of any technological item/product/expertise from India, no matter the amount of begging from the Bhartiya side (witness the $1 billion dollar business credit).

That should be proof enough to stop all the Bhartiya hemorrhaging in the last few pages and shut them up. I'd ask Roybot to prove how many Tatas, Mahindras and Marutis he saw on Dhaka streets. That should be proof enough.

And more on point - if you hate Bangladesh so much - Walaikum Tafat. Stay the hell out of Bangladesh. We don't need haters - Thank You very little.

Yes I have, about a dozen times, as recent as March 2014. Maybe its you who needs to revisit India, you are stuck in the 90's. Luxury cars in Dhaka is very rare, unless you consider second hand refurbed Toyota Mark X as luxury.

Dada - Mithhey kotha boley ki luv? Just because you haven't seen it on Dhaka streets doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact there's a whole website devoted to these rides. They are all hidden from view and used only occasionally. Nojor-takey arektu boro korun. Opor dikey takan. Shara jibon ki kanjoosi korei jaben?

The kind of BMW 7 series that sells for 1 crore 47 lacs in India ogulo Dhaka-tey akchar pawa jai. Amader bondhu moholei koikjoner aachhey. Oshob chinta korey luv nei. 'Mera Bharat Mahan' onno jaigai giye jahir korun - ekhaney noi.

SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Showcase of luxury vehicles from Bangladeshi cities

R3V Forum - View album - Luxury Cars

Last edited:
Dada - Mithhey kotha boley ki luv? Just because you haven't seen it on Dhaka streets doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact there's a whole website devoted to these rides. They are all hidden from view and used only occasionally. Nojor-takey arektu boro korun. Opor dikey takan. Shara jibon ki kanjoosi korei jaben?

The kind of BMW 7 series that sells for 1 crore 47 lacs in India ogulo Dhaka-tey akchar pawa jai. Amader bondhu moholei koikjoner aachhey. Oshob chinta korey luv nei. 'Mera Bharat Mahan' onno jaigai giye jahir korun - ekhaney noi.

R3V Forum - View album - Luxury Cars

Firs pic in the album, a Toyota Mark X. That's one heck of a luxury car right there :rofl: Majority of the cars are ancient models, and most probably second hand refurbed imports. That site is embarrassing mate. Jaguar Land Rover alone sold close to 3000 brand new cars in India in 2013, now thats luxury, not your shitty Toyota Mark X. I hate this dick measuring contest just as much as the next person, but you leave me with no options.

Of course there are rich folks in Bangladesh too, but the numbers are nowhere close to what you guys want us to believe. Now give it a rest eh.

Firs pic in the album, a Toyota Mark X. That's one heck of a luxury car right there :rofl: Majority of the cars are ancient models, and most probably second hand refurbed imports. That site is embarrassing mate. Jaguar Land Rover alone sold close to 3000 brand new cars in India in 2013, now thats luxury, not your shitty Toyota Mark X. I hate this dick measuring contest just as much as the next person, but you leave me with no options.

Of course there are rich folks in Bangladesh too, but the numbers are nowhere close to what you guys want us to believe. Now give it a rest eh.

I guess its beyond your juvenile intellect to navigate to the other pages where there are tons of BMW's and other luxury cars.

Shalar Chokh thakitey ondho. Why don't you post some rides BMW and other luxury car rides from Kolkata for a change. See how that works out. Do you even know anything about cars?? I doubt if you could even afford a used Toyota Mark-X and still bad mouthing it. Typical Bhartiya.

I guess its beyond your juvenile intellect to navigate to the other pages where there are tons of BMW's and other luxury cars.

Shalar Chokh thakitey ondho. Why don't you post some rides BMW and other luxury car rides from Kolkata for a change. See how that works out. Do you even know anything about cars?? I doubt if you could even afford a used Toyota Mark-X and still bad mouthing it. Typical Bhartiya.

Majority of the BMW and Mercs on that site are ancient, second hand imports. As for Toyota Mark X, I wouldn't be caught dead in that shyte box :lol:

Knock yourself out,

Supercars & Imports : Kolkata - Page 204 - Team-BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom