What's new

Disproving some genocide claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
UnitedPak

Absolutely it is insane a figure.

The world believing this figure beyond the Hindu thingamabob is actually insane and you are right.

hoodhood1

You are right.

And yet Bangladesh is doing rather well!

With no thanks to Pakistan, India or the world!

And unfortunately, they think independence is fine and that there is no requirement ot rejoin and get back to the dreams that was woven earlier in 1947.

Funny chaps, these Bangladeshis, what?

They don't know what is good for them, right?

Well the number could be disputed but I would never call what happened in East Pakistan Genocide. It is true many were killed in East Pakistan by the Army but you can't call it genocide. Genocide is when you are trying to eliminate a certain race or a certain group of people which wasn't the case in East Pakistan.

I'm a Bangladeshi and I'm also a history major and I think the 3 million people genocide mark is a ridiculous lie. It's true that the Pakistani army committed atrocities of murder and rape but the number is soooo inaccurate.

The Pakistani army at that time did not have that much advanced weapons or numbers to commit genocide at that level. Adolph Hitler couldn't even kill 3 million Jews in 9 months in the 1940s.

I think it's ridiculous to accept this false historical fact. I just don't believe the Pakistani soldiers actually killed that many Bengalis.

Then I am sure you will agree that they did not kill any Bengali either!

It is all a figment of imagination, right?

A Bengaldeshi propaganda, right?

Well the number could be disputed but I would never call what happened in East Pakistan Genocide. It is true many were killed in East Pakistan by the Army but you can't call it genocide. Genocide is when you are trying to eliminate a certain race or a certain group of people which wasn't the case in East Pakistan.

Of course you are right.

But one wonders what it was when so many were eliminated.

Maybe the ravage of insurrection, right?

UnitedPak

Absolutely it is insane a figure.

The world believing this figure beyond the Hindu thingamabob is actually insane and you are right.

hoodhood1

You are right.

And yet Bangladesh is doing rather well!

With no thanks to Pakistan, India or the world!

And unfortunately, they think independence is fine and that there is no requirement ot rejoin and get back to the dreams that was woven earlier in 1947.

Funny chaps, these Bangladeshis, what?

They don't know what is good for them, right?

What are you talking about, the world doesn't believe it, they actually put a question mark beside 3 million mark, the number is lower that that. Yes Pakistan did not benefit Bangladesh, however India will soon damage Bangladesh after the river linking project is completed.

and NO, Bangladeshis will never reunite with Pakistan because the memories of genocide is still fresh. Instead Bangladeshis have a more friendly attitude toward Pakistanis of being allies, with warm Islamic brotherhood, something that the Pakistani government forgot at that time. India does not want peace between Bangla/Pak and I beleive the 3 million number is Indian propaganda of that time.

What are you talking about, the world doesn't believe it, they actually put a question mark beside 3 million mark, the number is lower that that. Yes Pakistan did not benefit Bangladesh, however India will soon damage Bangladesh after the river linking project is completed.

and NO, Bangladeshis will never reunite with Pakistan because the memories of genocide is still fresh. Instead Bangladeshis have a more friendly attitude toward Pakistanis of being allies, with warm Islamic brotherhood, something that the Pakistani government forgot at that time. India does not want peace between Bangla/Pak and I beleive the 3 million number is Indian propaganda of that time.

The river linking project has a huge opposition in India itself. Therefore, it is a moot point.

It was visualised when I was in school and it still has not been done.

This may interest you:

Bangla FDI bar off

NISHIT DHOLABHAI

New Delhi, Jan. 3: India has lifted the ban on foreign direct investment (FDI) from Bangladesh.

A 1999 law had barred FDI from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. But Sri Lanka was exempt in 2000, and with Bangladesh joining the club, Pakistan is the lone country on the hot list.

The Indian gesture, pending for some time but notified without fanfare in November, comes at a time a $3-billion-dollar investment proposal by the Tatas is pending with the Bangladesh government. Delhi’s sweetener may also help speed up resumption of hilsa imports from Bangladesh.

The removal of the FDI restriction is expected to have a salutary impact on bilateral relations that have been steadily improving since an army-backed government took over in Bangladesh.

The Telegraph - Archives

And this is not an Indian site and they undertake their own research:

Gendercide Watch: Genocide in Bangladesh, 1971

Has this guy been checked for being authentic about being from Bangladesh? Checking his IP will be a good start.

The 3 million claim is not Indian claim but was made by Mujib IIRC. He is the father of the Bangla nation, no?

Do Bangladeshis trust him? What is the figuure in Bangladeshi textbooks/history?

3 million is exaggerated. But what is the official figure given by Pakistan? 3000? 30,000? 300,000? What number is acceptable?

To understand this first of all we need to go back to 1950’s when “language Movement” started the Hindu professors of Dhaka university act as a catalyst in that movement also remember the concept of separate economies for both parts of Country(one of Sheikh Mujib’s six points)was also given by the Hindu professors of Dhaka University. Actually the efforts to split the Eastern part were started by India way back in 1950’s and at that time we were building our new country so our media was not powerful at that time and both the parts of country were separated from each other by 1000 miles the Hindus of East Pakistan participated actively in India’s game and due to lack of communication we were trapped. a little genocide may be the result of realization that Hindus were actively participating in the Indian efforts of disintegrating Pakistan other wise I don’t believe that there were mass killings of Hindus in East Pakistan.

Can you give be some links/info about these profs that started the “language Movement”.

there is no such names of those professors mentioned but you can get the idea from the below statements

February 23, 1948
Direndra Nath Dutta, a Bengali opposition member, moves a resolution in the first session of Pakistan's Constituent Assembly for recognizing Bengali as a state language along with Urdu and English.

source-http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/history/ekushe.html

Hindus and Buddhists in East Pakistan too joined hands against the imperial tendencies of West Pakistan. One of the principal demands was that Bengali and Urdu should be national languages of Pakistan and not Urdu alone.

source-http://www.policy.hu/roychowdhury/Bangladhaka.html

The education and economy of a country are the backbone of a country’s development and social status. Muslims of Bengal expected an improvement in their general conditions after independence. But the situation was otherwise. Education and economy was completely controlled by the Hindus. In East Bengal most of the government officers, lawyers, almost all the doctors, and school masters, nearly all the considerable landowners and most of the heads of business firms were Hindus.

At the time of partition, they owned nearly 80% of the national wealth of East Bengal. The majority of urban buildings and properties, in some cases more than 85% were owned by the Hindus. 95% of 1,290 High schools and 47 colleges in East Bengal were privately organised and financed by them. The Hindus comprised not more than 25% of the East Bengal population. These Hindus used to earn from here and sent to West Bengal and Calcutta where their relations had settled. While commodities were smuggled to Calcutta, anti-Pakistani literature was pouring from across the border. A report submitted to Chaudhry M. Ali, the PM of Pakistan by H.M. Habibullah, Treasurer of the Pakistan Muslim League, stated that ‘cheap communist literature infiltrated through China, Burma, and India could be seen everywhere in cafes, restaurants, public places, schools ... backed by Marwari Hindus, the communists had a free hand to create confusion, frustration and feelings of hatred’.

One of the most important factors, which sowed permanent seeds of mistrust and bitterness between the two provinces was the language problem. The controversy started when, in February, 1948, a Hindu member from East Pakistan, Mr. Dhirendranath Dutt, moved an amendment to the Constituent Assembly pleading that Bengali may also be made official language.

source-http://www.mediamonitors.net/syedsoherwordi1.html

3 million is exaggerated. But what is the official figure given by Pakistan? 3000? 30,000? 300,000? What number is acceptable?

it is useless to find how many died the only thing which is of concern is that Indians had given the false numbers and now Bangladeshis are also saying this so Pakistan was right.Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

26000 is the HRC report figure.

the figure does not includes the 3400 pak soldiers lost in the insurgency phase
the unknown number of beharis killed by the muktis
the mukti bahini killed by the pak army.

Actual war casualities of India and Pakistan once fighting began

300,000 according to Bengali scholars, 30,000 according to most oher reports.

a us based indian academi, bose i think after research claims the figure to be 30000.
the indians dont lie do they salim.
the humud rahman report spoke of the same.
the claims of massive programs of rape was also dismissed by the un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom