What's new

Discussion with Stranded Biharis in Dhaka's Geneva camp

Kandari-Hushiyaar

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I have seen members discussing about Stranded Pakistanis . This report portrays real picture of their current situation. Yes They Vote, They get education but They don't get passport and Government Jobs. However, Those who are involved in business live a decent life outside of Geneva Camp

If they can vote they are citizens.... there should be no impediment on them getting jobs and a passport

If they can vote they are citizens.... there should be no impediment on them getting jobs and a passport

Not Only Biharis sometimes people who do not have permanent address such as Bede living in boats do not get Job . Few months ago sons whose parents were working in tea Gardens didnt get job because their parents lived in tea garden without any permanent address.

I have seen members discussing about Stranded Pakistanis . This report portrays real picture of their current situation. Yes They Vote, They get education but They don't get passport and Government Jobs. However, Those who are involved in business live a decent life outside of Geneva Camp

I mostly agree with your post. But you incorrectly refer to these people as "Stranded Pakistanis". According to your own country, they are citizens of Bangladesh, unless they were born before the war.

I mostly agree with your post. But you incorrectly refer to these people as "Stranded Pakistanis". According to your own country, they are citizens of Bangladesh, unless they were born before the war.

Just used the original title of BBC Urdu. We generally use the term " Bihari " Though

Here is another video . At 4.00 some Bihari Boys and Girls are discussing their problem...

Not Only Biharis sometimes people who do not have permanent address such as Bede living in boats do not get Job . Few months ago sons whose parents were working in tea Gardens didnt get job because their parents lived in tea garden without any permanent address.

I can see why it would be a problem to get a job official paper s etc if you can not prove your address..... refugee camp I guess won't be seen as a permanent address either...

It's a case of logistics and verification rather than institutional victimisation.

They are people of Bihari community, Pakistan should help them integrate into Bangladesh's mainstream, even if funding is required for that , Pakistan should step forward. They used to be Pakistanis when East Pakistan was part of Pakistan, Bihari community stayed loyal to Pakistan throughout the war. It is high time they integrate into the mainstream of Bangladeshi society in accordance with the predominant trends. Pakistan with its indigenous ethnic groups would be an alien place for them.

There are millions of illegal bangalis in Pakistan, if these people wanted, they could have come. btw after Afghans, we need to throw out all illegal bangalis from Pakistan, they are a major security threat.

There are millions of illegal bangalis in Pakistan, if these people wanted, they could have come. btw after Afghans, we need to throw out all illegal bangalis from Pakistan, they are a major security threat.

pray tell how bengalies could possibly be a security threat to Pakistan.

Anyone who moved to west pakistan could have chosen to retain pakistani nationality as per the agreement post 1971. These people in BD are no different. if they want they should be able to get BD nationality.

Well From the interview it seems that They Get passports easily as the process is corrupted.......They can get private Jobs easily too. So I do not see much discrimination.. Now a days Jamatis do not get Government Jobs either............I bet Biharis live better life than many of the slum dwellers.

Well From the interview it seems that They Get passports easily as the process is corrupted.......They can get private Jobs easily too. So I do not see much discrimination.. Now a days Jamatis do not get Government Jobs either............

For passport you cant use Geneva camp as the permanent resident which is actually not. Its time they need to move out.

Even the lady in the interview does not like the word Bihari despite being a bihari.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom