What's new

Discussion of Muhajir's historical, present and future role in Pakistan.

Kolachi Punjabi

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This thread is for the discussion of the role of Muhajirs in history and the present; I also wanted to address stereotyping of Mohajirs but this isn't the appropriate section(I did open one in the social issues section but was closed,though anti-Pakistani threads don't get closed!) so will only stick to the discussion of the role of Muhajirs.

@Atanz

Couldn't quote you there
No, I have not downplayed their role. I have just rationalized to where it should be. If you feel that has brought that 'dazzling' role down to where it should be well what can I do. It is not my fault if I disagree that Pakistan is not some franchise for 'Mohajir's" to lord over.

If you have valid points to make about history open a thread on that and we can go through step by step. I am not going to get involved in this stupid thread. I will say this though and frankly I don't give rats a*ss whay you or anybody else thinks the Mohajirs have occupied and carve a role way above their population size.

They ran from India because the Hindu mobs wre after them, they definitly did not do it for me so don't expect me to salute in stand in awe.Again you want historical debate and I will contest you or anybody else.

End off.

You know what, my previous thread wasn't even intended for a historical discussion or the role of Muhajirs but was to address the racist stereotyping I've observed here , but I'm open for a discussion on the role of Muhajirs and why you think Mohajirs have 'occupied' a role disproportionate to their population and why Muhajirs are 'lording' over Pakistan.

I'm all ears.

This thread is for the discussion of the role of Muhajirs in history and the present; I also wanted to address stereotyping of Mohajirs but this isn't the appropriate section(I did open one in the social issues section but was closed,though anti-Pakistani threads don't get closed!) so will only stick to the discussion of the role of Muhajirs.

@Atanz

Couldn't quote you there

You know what, my previous thread wasn't even intended for a historical discussion or the role of Muhajirs but was to address the racist stereotyping I've observed here , but I'm open for a discussion on the role of Muhajirs and why you think Mohajirs have 'occupied' a role disproportionate to their population and why Muhajirs are 'lording' over Pakistan.

I'm all ears.

When you say "racist stereotyping" what do you mean and which community is being subjected to this?

When you say "racist stereotyping" what do you mean and which community is being subjected to this?
Muhajirs, there all kinds of comments referring to Urdu-speaking Karachiites as "bhaiyas", "ganges dwellers","backward ganges culture","indian looking" and stuff like that but this isn't the thread for that, lets just stick to the discussion of the role of muhajirs and why you think they're "lording" over Pakistan.

Muhajirs, there all kinds of comments referring to Urdu-speaking Karachiites as "bhaiyas", "ganges dwellers","backward ganges culture","indian looking" and stuff like that but this isn't the thread for that, lets just stick to the discussion of the role of muhajirs and why you think they're "lording" over Pakistan.

I note though that you entirely overlook other communties subjected to blatent racism on this forum. Clearly you have your one eye covered to achieve partial vista ...

At any rate do you feel I have reduced the role of Mohajirs in Pakistan's independance ?
And you opened this thread. You put forth your argument and I will look at it. If I feel I disagree I will take it on. You don't open a thread like blank sheet of paper ...

ungi, Afghans have not changed a bit in thousands of years and they will never change no matter what. They are calling this unfortunate place their home for over 30 years now (tribal/FATA people are with us for 70+ years), instead of them changing or assimilating for good, they have changed the social fabric of Pakistan, literally transformed a peaceful highly progressive society into a Afghanistan-like shit hole where criminals thrive. Not sure where you belong to but I hail from Quetta and a first hand witness of destruction these savages brought to Quetta. A hill station that was once dubbed as 'little London' is transformed into a kachra kundi littered with Afghans. You may have hope but what I have seen and experienced first hand between 1978-1997 (until I left), I have no hope that these barbarians could possibly be brought into mainstream and cajoled to adopt civilization.

Read the above. Do you find anything in there that might be defined racist?

I note though that you entirely overlook other communties subjected to blatent racism on this forum. Clearly you have your one covered to achieve partial vista ...
You're overlooking the fact that I'm not overlooking racism aimed at any community, I mentioned in my previous thread that I'm against Punjabi-bashing which is very common among Pakistani Liberals and ethnofascists from the smaller provinces; or just go through my previous comments defending Pashtuns on here; but of course I've noticed blatant racism towards muhajirs on this forum, perhaps I notice this cause I'm half muhajir myself and since racism is about power; racism directed from a majority to a minority is more harmful than one from a minority group to the majority.

At any rate do you feel I have reduced the role of Mohajirs in Pakistan's independance ?
And you opened this thread. You put forth your argument and I will look at it. If I feel I disagree I will take it on. You don't open a thread like blank sheet of paper ...

Okay.

So I believe Muhajirs aren't lording over Pakistan -far from it, they're an under-privileged minority since the 70s cause of the racist quota system, inhabiting a forsaken city and by virtue of just being <10% the population with some cultural privileges cause of Urdu supremacy/Karachi-media domination.

Whatever historical role Muhajirs may have had or not, I do strongly believe that their current role in the present and since 1947 has been positive and also very high in proportion to their population aswell as underestimated since Muhajirs in the public eye don't even identify as one so people might not even notice a muhajir in an important position.

I called him out for his racism before, I don't deny racism among Muhajirs , it's irrelvant to racism against muhajirs

they were great and they sacrificed for freedom of pakistan they have worked hard to make pakistan better and they will be always part of pakistan as educated nice community .

Frankly it is best for now this subject is closed. I am only prepared to discuss the historical role of Mohajir's. If I do not primarily come here for parochial politics notwithstanding that I hold strong opinions on various issues.

Thus as of now I am vacating and I might suggest to mods to shut this down. In particular this thread seems to be heavily tilted or infused with current politics than pure history ..

Furthermore I am not about to give Indian's a huge honey pot to feed on ...

Why close this thread?I want to know why members here think Muhajirs are lording over Pakistan, this is an important discussion that shouldn;t be avoided

Frankly it is best for now this subject is closed. I am only prepared to discuss the historical role of Mohajir's. If I do not primarily come here for parochial politics notwithstanding that I hold strong opinions on various issues.

Thus as of now I am vacating and I might suggest to mods to shut this down. In particular this thread seems to be heavily tilted or infused with current politics than pure history ..

Furthermore I am not about to give Indian's a huge honey pot to feed on ...
When I wanted discussion about this in the social issues section it got closed down, then I was suggested to open a thread here, now this has to be closed justit's apparently infused with current politics.

Indians troll on everythread, that doesn't mean they aren't worth discussing.

Also I am always sceptical about new members in case they are false flaggers, not saying you are. I have said what I said. All the best ..

Also I am always sceptical about new members in case they are false flaggers, not saying you are. I have said what I said. All the best ..
This is my first time on this site, never been a member before, you can check my IP address. I am what I claim to be, and I don't even like Indians at all, so I wouldn't feed the trolls, this is intended to be a sincere discussion.

If this isn't the right section, feel free to move it to an appropriate one.

This is my first time on this site, never been a member before, you can check my IP address. I am what I claim to be, and I don't even like Indians at all, so I wouldn't feed the trolls, this is intended to be a sincere discussion.

If this isn't the right section, feel free to move it to an appropriate one.

No problem. Let us put this on hold for now. The only Kolachi I ever ran into was Baloch ... I think ??

Ps. Again I will say read post 4# and see the gobsmacking display of blatent racism and the fact that it is directed at Afghan's make no differance. Furthermore complicated by the fact that we need to win that country over to our side.

No problem. Let us put this on hold for now. The only Kolachi I ever ran into was Baloch ... I think ??

Ps. Again I will say read post 4# and see the gobsmacking display of blatent racism and the fact that it is directed at Afghan's make no differance. Furthermore complicated by the fact that we need to win that country over to our side.
lel the name 'Kolachi' is just a reference to the city i live in, it's the orignal name of Karachi.

I've called that member out for his racism before, but that doesn't wipe away the blatant racism directed towards muhajir people on here, you say we have to "win" Afghanistan over; well there are Muhajirs in the media like Ahmed Qureshi, Zaid Hamid and Musharraf trying to win Afghans over.

i guess muhajir means who migrated from india in to pakistan during partition and left everything behind and not those whose whole business is in indian city delhi and controlling karachi with dual nationality

Kolachi is a Tehsil of DI Khan and the town by name of Kolachi was founded by Balochs. Kolachi Balochs, who were later driven away by Gandapurs
What ever the origins, it was the old name of Karachi.

Kolachi Baloch still live in karachi near the sea

Back
Top Bottom