What's new

Dioramas

Just Wow. The attention to detail is simply amazing. There is a certain kind of gruesome melancholy about WWI (as opposed to a kind of romanticism of WWII) and both are captured very nicely in these set pieces! One really needs a lot of patience and helluva loads of time for this kind of hobby.
This reminds me of the scene in Ronin where Michael Lonsdale describes the true meaning of Ronin to DeNero by showing him his setpieces of Samurai figurines.

Oh..i recognize this one.

This guy is exactly in the same posture in which once i was when we had to spend a night out in the open cold while we were recce-ing a new post in our North West Frontiers during Decembers.

Just add two huge boulders, one to the left and other to the right of this guy and then a smaller one behind his head, yes, that's it. i still remember it so clearly. The only difference was that there was a dead Taliban and an injured buddy feets away from me. i just lied there for the entire night in the same posture and when the sun came out, i have had not moved an inch! i thought it might be permanent (my shape) but then my school science class reminded me that we are warm blooded animals, and though it was snowing, it was not Siachen.

What a terrible night that was.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Wait, found one more difference, my hands/arms were not folded, rather were tucked in between my thighs.

a dead Taliban is a good taliban :-)

when times are rough, use your balls to warm your hands.....

you know how those areas are in winter time......even the talebs are smart enough to hibernate :laugh:

134373772692443.jpg

varyagmodel4.jpg
varyagmodel3.jpg

varyagmodel2.jpg

varyagmodel1.jpg

AHhhhhhhh that is soooo awesome.....a fellow warhammer 40k fan....may the emperor smile upon you brother imperial.....and those Elysian drop troops are just amazing....forgeworld really knows how to scult master pieces.

Diorama making isn't very difficult....its getting the decals and painting in line thats the problem....plus there is the issue of Pakistan being an RC only model zone or an Aero modeler only zone.....even my brother turns traitor when I ask him to play a match of ww2 infantry squad match.....even thoug I adapted warhammer 40k rules to our system to stream line some of the issues.....I am going to order two gundam models soon.....with bases and all.....then I will share with you guys epic mech comba sequences....if I can find a willing photographer the is.

lols for references for noobs.....the squat models are from the warhammer 40k universe.....the Valhalans [Russian fur hat guys] the Cadian Shock troops [regular helmeted troops posing in a group phot] and the death korps of Krieg.....some smattering of Space marines.....hail the emperor mankind shall eradicate all xeno scum

Note: Please post brand names for WW2 and WW1 miniature figures images posted in this thread.

They look as if they are from WWI in an alternate universe

They are Death Korps of Krieg.....a regiment based on ww1 German units from the warhammer40k universe....they carry advanced energy weapons etc....their planet is famous for producing hard soldiers capable of carrying out trench warfare for decades at a time.

If anyone needs help in this genre I am your man....feel free to ask me about.....oooohhhhhh Catachan Jungle fighters.....with skeletons on the outside.

I bought a US Army Infantry World War 2 kit,Tamiya,1/35 scale
a total of 4 figure (soldiers)
the only problem is that there isnt any painting guide or manual which tells which paints are needed and what to paint of waht color
need your help sirs
@Manticore @Aamir Hussain

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom