What's new

Did Gen Kiyani's brothers make millions?

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Azaz Syed
Monday, November 25, 2013
When I shook hands with a bespectacled, well-built bald man donning a grey suit without a tie, I thought he was a wrestler — almost six feet tall, with a nicely cut beard, a visible scar on his face.

“He can’t be the brother of Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, the Chief of Army Staff; he might be a guest and I must be mistaken,” I thought to myself.

Brigadier (retd) Amjad, brother of Gen Kayani, introduced himself with an expressionless face and welcomed me at the porch of his house where three cars — a Mercedes, a Honda and a Corolla — were parked. The four-kanal house of Brigadier (retd) Amjad Kayani was located in a street in a middle class Rawalpindi locality.

I reached the house after driving through a bumpy road. While entering the area I was thinking of how come the alleged billionaire brother of Gen Kayani could live in this area.

When I reached the main door, I was welcomed by a silver plate hanging on the main wall inscribed with the word “Kayanis” in golden colour. I did not see even a single soldier for security there. However, a plain clothes security guard, after asking my name, opened the door. I had been hearing stories about the alleged corruption of Gen Kayani’s brothers.

Journalistic instinct of digging deep had brought me to the doorstep of Gen Kayani’s brother. I intentionally did not contact the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) intellectuals who always give a formal reply to each serious question posed to them or request not doing the story whenever one wants to do any beyond their publicity agenda.

Amjad Kayani, a retired Brigadier of the Infantry Division of the Army, is the second oldest after Gen Kayani and retired in 2005. Gen Kayani has three sisters and three brothers. The eldest sister is settled in Canada followed by Gen Kayani, Brigadier (retd) Amjad, Major (retd) Babur and Kamran Kayani, the youngest brother.

Their one sister, a major doctor in Army, was screened out and retired by a same board which Kayani was heading in 2007-08 and another is a teacher; all are settled and living their married lives in Pakistan. But one would hear whispers of alleged influence and corruption of Kayani brothers.

Read more: Did Gen Kayani’s brothers make billions? - thenews.com.pk

Nice publicity stunt......are we supposed to buy this?

The businesses they are in, no doubt behti ganga mein khob hath dhoye hain kiyanis nay !!

The businesses they are in, no doubt behti ganga mein khob hath dhoye hain kiyanis nay !!
prove it! better then defaming them, if they done wrong , comeup with evidences, instead of namaloom complaining?

Please ask them to take indian national congress membership. They would be given free training in:

Looting country, selling country techniques, molesting women, raping ur colleagues and what not.

Hail congress hail.

Its not such a secret.

when you have someone in forces and at high position, you do get exposed to people of influence. Its most of the time you see such people, be they relatives of a general or bureaucrat living a very comfortable life surrounded by all sorts of good things and luxuries.

Its the flaw of our society. Not some general or bureaucrat. We dont have what we call 'equal opportunity'. This inevitably breeds frustration and envy.

Seen in the right perspective, its not a bad thing to expose this inequality but it does expose a fundamental flaw of our society and the system of discrimination we seem to strengthen.

Its not such a secret.

when you have someone in forces and at high position, you do get exposed to people of influence. Its most of the time you see such people, be they relatives of a general or bureaucrat living a very comfortable life surrounded by all sorts of good things and luxuries.

Its the flaw of our society. Not some general or bureaucrat. We dont have what we call 'equal opportunity'. This inevitably breeds frustration and envy.

Seen in the right perspective, its not a bad thing to expose this inequality but it does expose a fundamental flaw of our society and the system of discrimination we seem to strengthen.

the funniest thing is that when asked if they use the name of their brother to put influence, I mean the whole family is in army, its like a family business itself to be in army, and in reply he says, no.... haha can you believe that crapp !!

the funniest thing is that when asked if they use the name of their brother to put influence, I mean the whole family is in army, its like a family business itself to be in army, and in reply he says, no.... haha can you believe that crapp !!

My uncle retired as a major. He was so incompetent he could not pass Lt. Col exam three times.

Yet he has an apartment in Karachi (Askari 2 3 4 something), and two plots in Defence Lahore. He built house on one of them. All this property he got at extremely subsidized rate from Army.

I can never ever have access to such properties. To buy those three properties, I have to be very rich. Thats what I meant by lack of equal opportunity.

In anguish and disgust, most of my relatives call our army the real estate agent. They say they will send their sons in army only if they want to buy a big property on prime real estate of the country.

Its not out of jealousy but complete lack of merit.

My uncle retired as a major. He was so incompetent he could not pass Lt. Col exam three times.

Yet he has an apartment in Karachi (Askari 2 3 4 something), and two plots in Defence Lahore. He built house on one of them. All this property he got at extremely subsidized rate from Army.

I can never ever have access to such properties. To buy those three properties, I have to be very rich. Thats what I meant by lack of equal opportunity.

In anguish and disgust, most of my relatives call our army the real estate agent. They say they will send their sons in army only if they want to buy a big property on prime real estate of the country.

Its not out of jealousy but complete lack of merit.

almost same story here, I was wondering if you were telling me about my family's story... probably names different, else they are enjoying a high quality life by juicing out of this poor nation...

almost same story here, I was wondering if you were telling me about my family's story... probably names different, else they are enjoying a high quality life by juicing out of this poor nation...

That is why this real estate army cant take action on drones. They will always worship goree skin. The reason is that they are groomed like goraa in PMA.

I was never like this. When I was called for ISSB, I declined.

That is why this real estate army cant take action on drones. They will always worship goree skin. The reason is that they are groomed like goraa in PMA.

I was never like this. When I was called for ISSB, I declined.

exactly, they are groomed to be imperialist and the culture is still the same...sadly, it was never pak or pakistan army in reality...

Yeah i can believe it .... sometime i will tell you a story about our president !!!

Guess what where this man actually live? ;) i know the place... exactly EXTREMELY BUMPY ROAD ;)

exactly, they are groomed to be imperialist and the culture is still the same...sadly, it was never pak or pakistan army in reality...
wow IMMY bhai key chotey chotey , soilders aun unn ki, choti choti batien?
great time to attack PAKARMY hunh?
maybe his brother, has done something wrong but what about bani gala haan?

just check what, when , & who in our politicians were & where they stand now , i mean financialy?
i guss, army guys still ranks very low then them, but are you using this thread to take out your hate towards pakarmy, which is the only force serving this nation in floods , in earth quaks, in war, in bringing law & order to rawalpindi, multan just recntly?
i mean there is no other force in the world , which is been used so brutly?
& above all, geta bullet in the head, or get bashed by some toddlers like you, who cant even come out from thier parents homes if there is some TTp terrorists out there? wow

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom