What's new

Dhaka takes note of Beijing's absence over Myanmar border tensions discussion

These Rohingyas are not ethnically similar to us Bengalis. They are Myanmar citizens.

They are closer to South Asian than Myanmar in ethnicity
_99947944_rohingya_blur.jpg.webp

I agree with you.

A major hurdle is the western preference for India.

Led by the US, no western nation would deliever weapons that could comprise India. All the bhartis have to, is start crying and youll see Uncle Sam only allowing deliverance of downgraded weapon systems, for a steep price.

This is exactly the reason why the US refuse to sell advanced weapon to Pakistan the past decade.

Its a tough nut to crack for BD, as neither any nation from the western camp or the chinese, want to fully commit. Major hope is countries like Turkey, who hopefully will have good indiginous systems avalible to countries like BD. Turkey is being bullied into give up its domestic weapon programs precisely because of this.

Why would Bangladesh go to war with India ? Eurofighter Typhoon, Rafale, Su-35, F-16s are all available. Nothing will be cheap. Unless Bangladesh air force budget goes up 10 times it is not realistic to even think about these acquisitions

How much does China purchase from Bangladesh ? Compare to exports to USA and West

Whilst exports to China is minuscule.

China has facilitated some massive infrastructure projects in BD. Which has made it possible to interconnect the country. The west had written off BD as hopeless thanks to our geography.

What’s that got to do with anything?

Are whites ethnically American Indian?

Should they be deported back to Europe?

What about whites in Africa?

Indians in Malaysia?

When people have been living somewhere for 200+ years - you don’t suddenly ethically cleanse them.

Brown Indians like you - would suffer the most given how British transported you all over the world 🤣🤣🤣

Ditto Chinese in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Whilst exports to China is minuscule.

China has facilitated some massive infrastructure projects in BD. Which has made it possible to interconnect the country. The west had written off BD as hopeless thanks to our geography.

What’s that got to do with anything?

China will do those infrastructure projects as long as they have $$$. It doesn't matter whose camp you are in.

Whether you like it or not Myanmar calls them illegal immigrants take it with them if you have disagreements

They are as similar to us as Nepalese Newar ethnicity are similar to Bengalis.

Rohingya Skin color may be similar (or a bit darker) compared to us but that is where it ends. Nathuramjee wrong once more.

Their culture, food and written script is totally different. They are indigenous to North Arakan since time immemorial. That is their area.

You may not know about these things and I suggest you study/research more.

They are as similar to us as Nepalese Newar ethnicity are similar to Bengalis.

Rohingya Skin color may be similar (or a bit darker) compared to us but that is where it ends. Nathuramjee wrong once more.

Their culture, food and written script is totally different. They are indigenous to North Arakan since time immemorial. That is their area.

You may not know about these things and I suggest you study/research more.

They look like Indian to me. If they were the majority in 1935 they would have been dumped into India rather than Burma

My friend turkey is no way in any position to help BD against Myanmar.... it's situated in Mediterranean and doesn't at all have any power projection capacity to help BD.... at the most it will only supply costly equipment which may face an attrition in the war with Myanmar.....

Indonesia is comparatively nearby but simply may not be interested to drag herself into Bangladesh Myanmar scenario..,.. USA and western countries only capable to help or supplement BD in war types scenario.....
Unlike India, Indonesia does pressure Myanmar politically over Rohingya matter

Chinese Ambassador Li Ji Ming paid a visit to the Bangladesh foreign ministry today and termed the clashes near the Bangladesh-Myanmar Border as "unfortunate". He assured the foreign ministry officials of China's "maximum and appropriate" cooperation in passing the message to Nyaypidaw.

They look like Indian to me. If they were the majority in 1935 they would have been dumped into India rather than Burma

Some people tell me I look like Korean Actor Won Bin.

Doesn't mean jack.

Except I get free bubble tea (and lovely smiles) at the Korean café place sometimes.

Thank Allah for Estrogen....

Some people tell me I look like Korean Actor Won Bin.

Doesn't mean jack.

Except I get free bubble tea (and lovely smiles) at the Korean café place sometimes.

Thank Allah for Estrogen....

I am not the one kicking out Rohingyas. your powers of persuasion need to be applied with those people

This is further confirmation that China would be of no help in a conflict with Burma. In fact, China's "non-interference" charade might extend to not helping Bangladesh against India.
What Bangladesh needs is to kick off extensive military collaboration with West-friendly nation such as Turkey, South Korea, Indonesia, etc. to build up a strong local domestic military industry. In the short term, we have no choice but to buy/lease Western hardware despite strings as anything is much better than the current state of neutered military readiness.
Go for F-16s for MMRCAs if the US blocks Gripens.
Whatever war machines we buy from China or any other Western country, they are not here to go to war against any country to save BD. They sell weapons on a commercial basis and they have no obligation to take part in such a war. UN is different.

Either BD gets stronger or gets smashed by MM and loses sovereignty. So far, BD has chosen not to get stronger in military power.

It is a weak and meek country ready to lose its sovereignty.

China has no right to govern Myanmar. if Bangladesh wants to do something to Myanmar, do it. there is no need to notify China.

Whatever war machines we buy from China or any other Western country, they are not here to go to war against any country to save BD. They sell weapons on a commercial basis and they have no obligation to take part in such a war. UN is different.

Either BD gets stronger or gets smashed by MM and loses sovereignty. So far, BD has chosen not to get stronger in military power.

It is a weak and meek country ready to lose its sovereignty.
Absolutely, no one will fight BD's war for BD which is why the focus should be on building a domestic military industry and capabilities.
The benefit of going Western is they are less likely to stop supplies in the event of conflict with Burma.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom