What's new

DG SPD Public Meeting with Prime Minister

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DG SPD recently met the Prime Minister in a very public manner. I would count this as a signal to India. Traditionally, this is done to send a message across the border and to formally inform the leadership about major developments and breakthroughs in Strategic Forces.

I am expecting something soon.

who is DG SPD? what he does?
The DG currently is Lt Gen Nadeem Zaki and his directorate is the "Strategic Plans Division" which is the implementation body within the National Command Authority (NCA) chaired by the PM. The NCA is the highest policy making body for matters related to Pakistan's strategic posture and assets. The job of the SPD is to operationalize Pakistan's strategic assets within each of the armed services i.e. Army, Navy and the Air Force once a policy directive is set by the NCA.

DG SPD recently met the Prime Minister in a very public manner. I would count this as a signal to India. Traditionally, this is done to send a message across the border and to formally inform the leadership about major developments and breakthroughs in Strategic Forces.

I am expecting something soon.
Only major thing could be ICBM. We have everything else to cover India.

@Tipu7

There could be nothing special in the meeting, as everything is at a standstill. Only a tea party, but this time public. Probably discussed increased funding or something.

There could be nothing special in the meeting, as everything is at a standstill. Only a tea party, but this time public. Probably discussed increased funding or something.
SPD won't be doing the meeting to just get pictures taken. He met for a reason and next few days could tell what was it.

The DG currently is Lt Gen Nadeem Zaki and his directorate is the "Strategic Plans Division" which is the implementation body within the National Command Authority (NCA) chaired by the PM. The NCA is the highest policy making body for matters related to Pakistan's strategic posture and assets. The job of the SPD is to operationalize Pakistan's strategic assets within each of the armed services i.e. Army, Navy and the Air Force once a policy directive is set by the NCA.
What I have heard about him is that he believes in aggressive policy and also wants our SPD to be based on global threats not just India centric

Agreed, however the less we address "global threats" openly, the better it is. In my mind, this is where you speak very softly, yet carry a big stick unseen by others. What we have to keep in mind is that the capability should be there, whereas intent can change as and when needed. It would be foolhardy for someone in the DG SPD's role to not think about all possible threats.

That aside, besides India, currently there is no other country against which Pakistan needs to advertise its strategic posture openly.

Agreed, however the less we address "global threats" openly, the better it is. In my mind, this is where you speak very softly, yet carry a big stick unseen by others. What we have to keep in mind is that the capability should be there, whereas intent can change as and when needed. It would be foolhardy for someone in the DG SPD's role to not think about all possible threats.

That aside, besides India, currently there is no other country against which Pakistan needs to advertise its strategic posture openly.
But test of 5000 KM range Missile won't hurt. In my opinion India is well covered and if meeting is related to upcoming event or tests than ICBM is only thing which makes sense.

SPD is the parent organisation of Strategic Weapons Development.

Worth adding that the SPD Force and the various orgs under it are responsible for the security and R&D of strategic assets.

The NCA sets policy directives. The Strategic Forces Commands of the three services have operational control of the actual weapons.

Also worth noting that this is the second DG SPD in a row (previously Safraz Sattar) who has come here after serving as DG MI as a 2-star. The emphasis on security and counter-intel is huge.

Best

Back
Top Bottom