What's new

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity, flies back home

You really are thankless people.

Her father Uttam Khobragade said in Delhi, "Devyani was fighting to uphold the sovereignty of this country. When alternatives were offered she sacrificed the personal comfort."

She's a liar & hell corrupt lady...

US have evidense against her & India also gonna whip her on Adarh scam..

Tumko itni chinta hai to tum rakhlo...:D

Oh please. They could have transferred Devyani back to India(effectively ending the spat) the second they moved her to the permanent mission.

No they couldn't have. Her new appointment at the UN was not approved by the State dept until yesterday. Until then she had no immunity.

She can go to US whenever she wants. She enjoys diplomatic immunity.

No she can't. She still needs a US visa which she is not going to get.

Last edited:
granted ex post facto immunity

That is not true. She wasn't granted a retroactive immunity. If that was the case, then the charges against her wouldn't stay. She was granted immunity for her new post at the UN, so that she can leave the country without being arrested. It's not an ex post facto immunity.

No use of blaming on one side. Devyani is also equally corrupted with her hands in Adarsh scam and properties worth of 50 crores.
The whole case seems like mutual crime gone bad.

No they couldn't have. Her new appointment at the UN was not approved by the State dept until yesterday. Until then she had no immunity.

My point was that India was looking for far larger payoffs(something everyone is conveniently forgetting) than simply getting her visa accepted by US officials. We huffed and puffed but finally settled for a ticket back home. Had we started with the request for a ticket back home from the beginning of this incident, Devyani would've made it back quite sooner.

Last edited:
it not getting over

BREAKING NEWS

India asks the United States to withdraw Consular rank officer in US Embassy

officer related to devyani case

My point was that India was looking for far larger payoffs(something everyone is conveniently forgetting) than simply getting her visa accepted by US officials. We huffed and puffed and finally settled for a ticket back home. Had we started with the request for a ticket back home, Devyani would've made it back quite sooner.

I don't think so. There is no way the charges against her were going to be dropped. Both India and the State dept. were looking for a way out and they found one.

it not getting over
BREAKING NEWS
India asks the United States to withdraw Consular rank officer in US Embassy
officer related to devyani case

Maybe someone who processed the tickets of the Richards family. Looks like it's a part of the deal.

Last edited:
I don't think so. There is no way the charges against her were going to be dropped. Both India and the State dept. were looking for a way out and they found one.

You are repeating the same point I was making. Had India merely looked to extract Devyani out of the scandal as the priority, this could have been wrapped up much sooner. But we were looking for far larger payoffs(like all charges to be dropped) and failed in securing any of the demands that were made. Hence the analogy of huffing and puffing and finally settling for humble pie. Salman Khurshid should resign for causing such an embarrassment to the nation.

Last edited:
Maybe someone who processed the tickets of the Richards family. Looks like it's a part of the deal.

Most probably ,

as devyani got immunity on 8th itself ,but she waited . why ?

a deal seems to be getting followed.

Hence the analogy of huffing and puffing and finally settling for humble pie. Salman Khurshid should resign for causing such an embarrassment.

It wouldn't have been any different if someone else was the MEA.

Devyanni Should be thrown out of the job and should be made to face music of adarsh flat in India .

For the Maid , who was a catholic convert , Catholic America will support her stay even if she is proved wrong .

It wouldn't have been any different if someone else was the MEA.

You think that every other Indian minister would have vowed to never foot back in Parliment before resolving the case?

Every other Indian minister would have arrogantly released sound bytes proclaiming "who is Preet Bharara and why should I care about him?" I'll bet he will never forget that name for the rest of his natural life!

Every other Indian minister would be pompously rejecting American regret as insufficient over national television? Whatever happened to diplomacy behind closed doors?

The opposition can indulge in being aggressive, but here we had a minister in charge of Eternal Affairs personally throwing gasoline into the fires. Salman Khurshid should be held accountable for his actions.

He is the same guy who made all arrangements to evaluate so called Maids family from India

Back
Top Bottom