What's new

Devyani Khobragade case: Top US leadership feels diplomat row 'most stupid thing to do'

First of all this thing should not have come to this,as US looking for a strategic patnership should have informed India in advance so that we could have pulled her back.now i guess both countries dont want to hurt relations between both the countries any further, i guess she will be posted to UN once things cool down and US will issue visa to her and move on.if i have to follow the the book then whats the point in having a strategic relationship.

What do you think of the Sept 4th message from US DOS informing Indian embassy of the investigations of US DOJ against Devyani and why do you think US DOS informed the Indian embassy?

It is unlikely for the State department to provide a comment on the prospects of a hypothetical visa application that hasn't been filed.
Your statement appears to be inaccurate.

My statement is as accurate as it gets. Statement of State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki---

"Prior to her departure, it was conveyed to her and to the government of India that she is not permitted to return to the United States, except to submit to the jurisdiction of the court," Psaki said.

"Her name would be placed in visa and immigration lookout system to prevent the routine issuance of any future visa, and upon her departure a warrant may be issued for her arrest," Psaki said.

India expels US diplomat day after its own is sent packing - World News

@kbd-raaf

Its true that once she step on American soil, she will be arrested. She cannot come back here.

Obama is weak that it allow a backward country like India to push him around. If US has real president, this diplomat can only be free by the justice system. And you Indians are pathetic for supporting a criminal.

No americans are pathetic to support Raymond davis - a murderer .

and americans are pathetic to support all those war mongering US governments for last 400 years since its existence ...

What do you think of the Sept 4th message from US DOS informing Indian embassy of the investigations of US DOJ against Devyani and why do you think US DOS informed the Indian embassy?

what do you think of flurry of messages and communications sent by Indian consul and embassy after 4'th September and before 13'th of December ???

September 20: Delhi HC passes an interim injunction restraining the maid and her husband from filing for any action against Khobragade in any foreign court.

September 21: The embassy replies, saying this was none of US' business and that the maid was seeking a monetary settlement and US visa, whereby subverting both Indian and US laws.

November 19: A Delhi court issues a non-bailable warrant against the maid.
December 6: The warrant is forwarded to the US embassy with an official request to arrest the woman and facilitate her repatriation but this is ignored.

I will tell you what you think of all this ....Nothing . Because you simply can't 'think'

Those who have submitted themselves to be slaves in pursuit of material happiness can't 'think' independently ....they have no freedom to do that ....they only feel elated to 'bark' at the instance of their 'keeper-masters' !!!

Otherwise you wouldn't have had cherry picked 4'th September communication that led to event on 13'th December even as you deliberately bypassed those many communications from Indian consul on which US maintained tactical silence to ensure not to disclose what it was plotting to do ....

Even as Indian Foreign secretary and her delegation was deliberating with their counterparts in US ....American authorities issued authorization to arrest Indian diplomat ....failing to maintain courtesy to even apprise the delegation what was in the offing ....

You can't 'think' of all these things because you have submitted your heart and soul for material gains ....

I guess it is Dog's Day Out ....

Is it ??
She is in India and India do not have any agreements regarding deportation of its citizens. The case is as good as closed.

Yes.

Dr. Khobragade husband is a US citizen and her children most probably have US citizenship. How to you expect her to remain with her husband and children ?

In effect the maid and her driver husband and their child gets US citizenship while a US citizen and children will have to renounce their US citizenship and become Indian citizens if they want to remain with their wife and mother :cheesy:

Worse, the good doctor will be working in MEA and will be instrumental in building strategic relationships with other nations. Guess what her feelings about building India's relationship with US is going to be ? :coffee: ....and she would be in good company. She would be joining the other 3 Indian diplomats who have been humiliated by the US and now holds high positions in the MEA. Remember these are all IFS officers. :disagree:

Indo-US 'strategic' relationship is as good as dead. In return they get to keep a maid and her driver husband. :blink:

What a strange situation?
We hate devyani!
We hate maid!
We hate America!
Totally confused who is right!

There was no formal request of such nature. India knew about this issue and could have taken preemptive measures but the US hadn't requested her withdrawal. If they did India would have removed her. That is how things generally works in the diplomatic circle.

This is where I agree with you, I just can't find the NY Times news article where they mentioned the point that U.S was asking India to withdraw her. This is how the last two cases involving domestic help settled.

Scores of Indian domestic helps and embassy security staff simply walked away to to pursue their American dreams. You can't blame them for desiring a better life.

India should have found a way to resolve these issues instead of locking horn with the Superpower.

After two previous episodes involving domestic help abuse claim at the residence of the Indian consulate employees, a U.S Attorney is expected to get to the bottom of these allegations. The letter that was sent to the Embassy indicated that they are serious about it.
If India simply replaced her,

1) There would be no public withdrawal and expulsions showing perceived cracks in U.S-India relationship.
2) Ms. Devyani would not have been strip searched. ( I think that was not necessary. I think it was a display of will)
3) She would not be indicted, now she can't return to U.S because of outstanding warrant. As a result her family got torn apart, the kids are left without their mother.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom