What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

I was thinking the same....the fact that Turkey has imported a truckload of jihadis right across Europe coupled with the ansar al sharia type of militias already fighting for the GNA is a powder kegg ready to blow up.
Do you know how Haftar was able to control Sirte ? it was because the treasonous 604 madkhali brigade, you know what it the madkhali ? it's a sect of "jihadis" that believe that the president is god basically, even if he is a secular tyrant with US nationality, they have beards like ISIS, they used to be ISIS fighters back in 2015, but decided to accept the Skhirat agreement that legitimizes the GNA gvt before they betrayed it when approached by UAE and SA, in one day they shifted to LNA side and handed over Sirte to Haftar ... that shows you that the so called jihadis are on both sides, and that they could turn on Europe at any point of time

It's true Turkey isn't in Libya for the reasons you have cited... :enjoy:

Well, I think we can all agree that a free Democratic Libya would vote, islamic. whilst a dictator would suppress people and let France suck it dry, or keep it suppressed. If France is really getting gold and what not from Africa, through Libya, losing Libya will be very bad for French economy.

I expect that Libya's armed forced grows and are armed and trained properly under Tripoli based Government. The militia in Libya on GNA side... will imo move to Yemen or elsewhere.

The problem is once there is a militia, you need to give it a purpose fighting a just cause and salary is what these guys do, except imo those who choose to side with dictators, but once you're a mercenary you don't get much of a choice.

What I don't understand is how chadians and such can keep getting tricked by UAE and SA. The governments in these african countries don't do anything to stop this because they're busy trying to contain their own problems.

Thus we have a never ending circle, unless you can trounch UAE into chaos by destroying their oil/gas infrastructure.

Do you know how Haftar was able to control Sirte ? it was because the treasonous 604 madkhali brigade, you know what it the madkhali ? it's a sect of "jihadis" that believe that the president is god basically, even if he is a secular tyrant with US nationality, they have beards like ISIS, they used to be ISIS fighters back in 2015, but decided to accept the Skhirat agreement that legitimizes the GNA gvt before they betrayed it when approached by UAE and SA, in one day they shifted to LNA side and handed over Sirte to Haftar ... that shows you that the so called jihadis are on both sides, and that they could turn on Europe at any point of time
More reasons to have a directly controlled strong man in charge who can mopp it up when need be.

Well, I think we can all agree that a free Democratic Libya would vote, islamic. whilst a dictator would suppress people and let France suck it dry, or keep it suppressed. If France is really getting gold and what not from Africa, through Libya, losing Libya will be very bad for French economy.

I expect that Libya's armed forced grows and are armed and trained properly under Tripoli based Government. The militia in Libya on GNA side... will imo move to Yemen or elsewhere.

The problem is once there is a militia, you need to give it a purpose fighting a just cause and salary is what these guys do, except imo those who choose to side with dictators, but once you're a mercenary you don't get much of a choice.

What I don't understand is how chadians and such can keep getting tricked by UAE and SA. The governments in these african countries don't do anything to stop this because they're busy trying to contain their own problems.

Thus we have a never ending circle, unless you can trounch UAE into chaos by destroying their oil/gas infrastructure.
Agree to disagree, the 2014 elections saw the islamists defeated in Libya.

I shall remind everyone that Haftar is backed by the only body ever to be elected democratically in Libya...the parliament aka HoR while no one voted the GNA and they took power via a coup d'etat.

Last edited:

Those on Sirte that later betrayed if I am not mistaken is Salafist. Salafist in Egypt also back stabed Muslim Brotherhood.

CMIIW

More reasons to have a directly controlled strong man in charge who can mopp it up when need be.

Another dictator in Libya that promises the blacks won't invade white Europe and that routes for the looted gold and silver from the mines of Chad/Niger/central Africa will be secured is a fair deal for Europe. it could be done by GNA or LNA. but it's not enough to address Europe's concern on the long run, Europe is facing a country of ignorant tribesmen that do not believe in democracy to begin with, it should democratize their thinking, not encourage another Tyrant, and don't forget Libya is not a concentric state, it is only a satellite state for a bigger project
Those on Sirte that later betrayed if I am not mistaken is Salafist. Salafist in Egypt also back stabed Muslim Brotherhood.

CMIIW
Salafis of Egypt have converted also to the madkhali sect, it sad to see how they use Islam to empower the dictators

I shall remind everyone that Haftar is backed by the only body ever to be elected democratically in Libya...the parliament aka HoR while no one voted the GNA and they took power via a coup d'etat.

Haftar take Benghazi by force. It is why UN sides with GNA.

In response to Macron, Ankara says that France is playing a "dangerous game" in Libya, not Turkey

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

a.

Do you really believe in that?
Then you would bother to explain why Haftar is referred as "warlord" ,"marshal", "commander" instead of president of LNA?
Should we come to facts that he actually attained his position by misusing his position in military, aka: coup?
Or did you ever pay attention, you don't hear "Sarraj" as much as "Haftar" , you rather hear about GNA (or truly as Libyan government) vs Haftar and if not him, LNA and GNA would come into agreement quicker.
Or answer to this question would make it much more clear:
Who has hired foreigner paramilitary groups and militias, and received huge foreigner aid to assault and break ceasefires multiple times? you wouldn't answer as LNA, but "Haftar".
You may say GNA did so, but it was after Haftar started to crash them and sieged Tripoli with huge foreigner aid, as and GNA has done this as the last option, however it was Haftar's first option.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom