The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Designer makes tourist attraction map of Pakistan to guide travelers
Web Desk On Nov 22, 2019
tourist-map-750x369.jpg

In a bid to help people explore the beauty of Pakistan, a graphic designer and travel blogger, Assam Altaf has created a tourist attraction map of the country.

The map featuring 72 attractions depicts the beautiful landscape of the country. It took him eight days to create it.

The avid traveller took to Instagram where he shares pictures of his adventures and said he has been hearing from people since childhood that Pakistan has great potential.

The country enjoys five types of weather, has a variety of beaches, agricultural lands, the highest mountain peaks, oldest civilisation, all the minerals and resources, rich heritage and different cultures, he said.

This motivated him to showcase the beauty and potential of Pakistan to the world through his work. Another reason was that tourist attraction maps are the first thing people look for when they visit a country, but Pakistan didn’t have any, he claims.

“Being a traveller whenever I visit other countries the first thing I search for is a tourist map. And when I was looking for Pakistan’s tourist map I found nothing,” he said.

The travel blogger also pointed out that changes the new on-arrival visa and e-visa policies attracted tourists to Pakistan.

He concluded by saying that he hopes this map will act as a guide and help travel lovers who wish to explore the country.

See the map in full resolution here: http://bit.ly/339Og2I

Imagine how many more things could be added to that map if we were interesting in preserving our history. I recently found out there are ancient cave paintings in the hills near Mirpur AJK. Never seen them in my life, only heard through word of mouth. Meanwhile Stone Henge in the UK is a world tourist site.

He could've done better by not forgetting IOK completely. It's unbelievable how Pakistanis themselves don't realize the sensitivity of the matter.

He could've done better by not forgetting IOK completely. It's unbelievable how Pakistanis themselves don't realize the sensitivity of the matter.

I think the map has to do with travel friendly areas only. Otherwise, could have painted IoK in barbwire to show it as a part but restricted to not to visit due to occupier forces.

We don't control IOK, what will you gain by putting it in.

Beautiful work. Very incite full, kudos to designer.
This goes as one of the finest travel maps in my travel book.
Just wish the markers where slightly bigger to identify ...
Does anyone has full high resolution copy.
I downloaded that 10MB file, but doesnt look fully detailed.

Wondering what does "Assam Artist" has connection with this?

I think the map has to do with travel friendly areas only. Otherwise, could have painted IoK in barbwire to show it as a part but restricted to not to visit due to occupier forces.

Exactly. Could've even left it grayed out. Would have worked out on both fronts; reinforcing our narrative/claim and generating more awareness for the Kashmiri plight.

We don't control IOK, what will you gain by putting it in.

Apart from our national responsibility to respect and support the national claim? Narrative and perspective, two things which currently rule the world, short of physical force. Two things which we Pakistanis have lost out on massively against Indians. This map isn't meant for Pakistanis, it's meant for foreigners. And we aren't going to get anywhere on Kashmir until and unless their is a unanimous concerted effort.

I mean the world thinks of you as long bearded, turban wearing, gun totting nut jobs.

Wondering what does "Assam Artist" has connection with this?

Guy's name is Assam Altaf.

Last edited:
Web Desk On Nov 22, 2019
tourist-map-750x369.jpg

In a bid to help people explore the beauty of Pakistan, a graphic designer and travel blogger, Assam Altaf has created a tourist attraction map of the country.

The map featuring 72 attractions depicts the beautiful landscape of the country. It took him eight days to create it.

The avid traveller took to Instagram where he shares pictures of his adventures and said he has been hearing from people since childhood that Pakistan has great potential.

The country enjoys five types of weather, has a variety of beaches, agricultural lands, the highest mountain peaks, oldest civilisation, all the minerals and resources, rich heritage and different cultures, he said.

This motivated him to showcase the beauty and potential of Pakistan to the world through his work. Another reason was that tourist attraction maps are the first thing people look for when they visit a country, but Pakistan didn’t have any, he claims.

“Being a traveller whenever I visit other countries the first thing I search for is a tourist map. And when I was looking for Pakistan’s tourist map I found nothing,” he said.

The travel blogger also pointed out that changes the new on-arrival visa and e-visa policies attracted tourists to Pakistan.

He concluded by saying that he hopes this map will act as a guide and help travel lovers who wish to explore the country.

he should have made it zoomable interactive map with little street view... with CGI it is quite possible

he should have made it zoomable interactive map with little street view... with CGI it is quite possible

He's a graphic designer not a programmer, but you should forward that idea to ptdc maybe it will get them to finally make a website

Web Desk On Nov 22, 2019
tourist-map-750x369.jpg

How is this news worthy, I have seen better looking 6th grade science projects than this.

Apart from our national responsibility to respect and support the national claim? Narrative and perspective, two things which currently rule the world, short of physical force. Two things which we Pakistanis have lost out on massively against Indians. This map isn't meant for Pakistanis, it's meant for foreigners. And we aren't going to get anywhere on Kashmir until and unless their is a unanimous concerted effort.
Its tourist Map bro and don't include political conflict with it

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom