What's new

Democracy Champions: Non Party Local Body Elections will be held in Punjab

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1185501_490169461072522_816168097_n.jpg

PM Nawaz approves draft on LG system in Punjab

LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has decided to hold the Local Bodies elections in Punjab on non-party basis, sources said.

The decision emanated at a high level meeting presided over by the Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif at the PML-N Central Secretariat, Model Town here on Saturday. The meeting besides others was attended by Federal Information Minister Pervez Rashid, Federal Minister for Planning Ch. Ehsan Iqbal, Provincial Law Minister Rana Sanaullah Khan and secretary local bodies.

Though the local body polls will be held on non-party basis, however, all the political parties will be allowed to put their candidates for the polls, sources added.

During the meeting the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif approved a proposed draft for the local bodies system in Punjab.

The sources said that the government would table the proposed bill in the Punjab Assembly sometime next week.

They said that the prime minister applauded the special committee, which prepared the bill.

Nawaz Sharif said that devolution of powers to the local bodies level would strengthen the democracy in Pakistan.

He said that health and education sectors would be the top priority of the government.

PM Nawaz approves draft on LG system in Punjab

whats wrong with it? this is not the actual wrong, the actual wrong is no real delegation of powers in the LG.

whats wrong with it? this is not the actual wrong, the actual wrong is no real delegation of powers in the LG.

Elections should be held on party basis ... What the reason of non party...?????? This is dictators tactic to split the mandate ... If PTI will win then Punjab government can manipulate things ........

Elections should be held on party basis ... What the reason of non party...?????? This is dictators tactic to split the mandate ... If PTI will win then Punjab government can manipulate things ........

fair enough, it should be party basis, no doubt. but first thing comes first, they are holding up useless LG election with no delegation of power at UC level. hence I am saying party or non party basis, what difference does it make when they are holding a fraud LG election?

fair enough, it should be party basis, no doubt. but first thing comes first, they are holding up useless LG election with no delegation of power at UC level. hence I am saying party or non party basis, what difference does it make when they are holding a fraud LG election?

Musharraf already had held LG election on non party ... What the difference between dictator & democracy champs ........

his system was better in terms of functionality, this one is a copy of Zia's, worst in functionality.

You are absolutely right but PTI supports PPP's draft in Sindh ... All champs are copying Zia's system .....

You are absolutely right but PTI supports PPP's draft in Sindh ... All champs are copying Zia's system .....

I dont know about that, but KPK claims to bring a different setup altogether

one name for u ppl ZIA UL HAQ rest u will know what i mean!!!

Musharraf already had held LG election on non party ... What the difference between dictator & democracy champs ........

Musharraf LG election was a total disaster. Economically we cannot afford another like that now. Lets see what comes next.

if thats true I will officially resign PML-N then.

Musharraf LG election was a total disaster. Economically we cannot afford another like that now. Lets see what comes next.

if thats true I will officially resign PML-N then.

sorry to say but you wont officially resign, cause you dont have any idea of what LG system should be like. get over your dramaybazi and keep the mantra, this is what you are paid for by nawaz kingo !

Because common man can get benefit directly from Musharraf's system that's why it was disaster :sick:

look at his reply to me, the very next :laugh:

And why will the LG polls will be on non party basis .. any one ?

Back
Top Bottom