What's new

Delhi to Agra in 90 minutes by train soon

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: With bullet trains on top of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's agenda, railways has targeted running trains at a speed of 160 kmph between Delhi and Agra by the year-end.

The transporter has plans to run bullet trains at 350 kmph between Mumbai and Ahmedabad on an elevated track and six other routes, but is awaiting nod from the top.

Meanwhile, the transporter is going ahead with semi-high speed trains between Delhi and Agra by upgrading the existing track.

Rail travelers would be able to reach the Taj city in 90 minutes. As of now, Bhopal Shatabdi takes 126 minutes to reach Agra from Delhi at an average speed of 110 kmph. With the increased speed of 160 kmph, the travel time will be reduced to 90 minutes.

Railway board is reviewing progress of the key project every month.
Delhi to Agra in 90 minutes by train soon - The Times of India

I think it is better to improve existing lines to semi high speed instead of building a costly HSR network.

I think it is better to improve existing lines to semi high speed instead of building a costly HSR network.
Even countries like Egypt/Iraq have approved HSR's, why hasn't india?

Population issue and cost issues as well.

Most of the people can not afford to travel by these trains. and those who can will always prefer flights over HSR.
anyhow our existing railways are doing fine.

Land aquisition issues, not to mention distances involved. The cost per km for HSR is very high, and India is a big country.

Like Vajpayee's goden quadrilateral, I wish Modi makes a rail quadrilateral of faster passenger rails and/or dedicated freight corridor. That would bring unprecedented growth to the economy.

Our rail infrastructure is literally creaking.
Currently the passenger trains run at 80-90kmph
The cargo trains run at 30kmph.

What is the point of HSR when it has massive costs and will only help a fraction of the society.

For the same amount India can completely revamping the existing rail network and change it to a semi-HSR network.
The passenger trains run at 160kmph.
The cargo trains run at 90kmph.

To do this they would have to change the alignment at many places, introduce better bogies, completely new signalling and communication network among other things.

If this is done, India's GDP growth rate would rise faster than it would if we start putting up HSR on select routes.

This would make Indian industries very competitive, reduce costs for industries, increase timely delivery. Apart from that the railways would start generating profit. Highest number of people will be able to use this and it would cut down transit time by almost half all over India!

Maybe I'm not that much updated now with the earnings of the railway.
this is from last years annual report, bro.

what does it say ? ( i'm half asleep right now to read it :D:D:D)

Screenshot (103).png

Back
Top Bottom