What's new

DELHI POLICE SWAT TRAINING -VIDEO(MUST WATCH)

+1, Kerala commandos, if all news reports are to be believed, are going to kick-***- well equipped and well trained (by Israelis and NSG).

Troll, troll, troll, troll,troll!!!!

I don't know why I'm doing this but:

This team was set up AFTER 26/11 in response to such attacks. Anyway even if this team existed before 26/11 it would've made NO difference as these guys are DELHI police not Mumbai or Mahrastra police so wouldn't have been sent, that is what NSG are for. Mumbai/Mahrastra at the time had no real well trained/well equipped ERT/QRT/SRT to combat the Pakistani terrorists but now this has changed with Mumbai/Maharastra getting their act together and forming units like Force 1 (arguable one of the best trained state ERTs in the region) and units with quicker response times but small AOs like Response-10 and QRTs.

Check out this vid of FORCE 1 being trained by elite Israeli border guards:

חדשות 2: יחידת הלוט"ר של מומבאי

------------
Mumbai police QRT (note, NOT Force One, apart from the few PR pics of them it is near impossible to get pics of Force One):

4086166326_c3a2bcf168_z.jpg

5969647470_81339d0875_b.jpg

Which is this gun, MP-7? or MP-5?

+1, Kerala commandos, if all news reports are to be believed, are going to kick-***- well equipped and well trained (by Israelis and NSG).

How the left wingers in Kerala allowed that??

How the left wingers in Kerala allowed that??

I have not the slightest clue. But it turns out, the reports are true. They really do have Israeli commando instructors to teach them Krav maga and associated skill sets.

What kerala police first needs is well equipped beat cops who do regular patrolling duties. Even a lathi is a luxury for most of them.

I can honestly say this video made me puke. First you do not see any sense of re-assurance in the eyes of the guys. Most of them have a look of "deer in the headlights".

The gear If you are going to a firefight how about a Helmet that protects your head, whats the point of that crazy "topi".

The Physique: those guys do not even seem to be agile or physically tough.

If this is the best the Capital city's police have in their toolbox, God bless Delhi.

What kerala police first needs is well equipped beat cops who do regular patrolling duties. Even a lathi is a luxury for most of them.

Very true and this goes for almost all police forces across India, the average beat copper needs much better kit and training and not just a few select units.

I can honestly say this video made me puke. First you do not see any sense of re-assurance in the eyes of the guys. Most of them have a look of "deer in the headlights".

The gear If you are going to a firefight how about a Helmet that protects your head, whats the point of that crazy "topi".

If this is the best the Capital city's police have in their toolbox, God bless Delhi.

I see where your coming from but considering where DP came from ie no real unit equipped or trained to carry out any real sort of direct action against well armed and well trained terrorists to where they are now with a unit like SWAT it is a long way. The equipment shortfalls are prevalent but this is merely a starting point and I'm sure in the futre as the force evolves and gets into its stride things will change. If you look at where SWAT teams in US started in 70s/80s they were modestly equipped compared to where that are now and this is, to an extent, where Indian special police units are right now ie 30/40 years behind but at a good starting point in terms of equipment. The only way is up and what is really needed is for a culture of elite/special units to be created so there is pride in their work and want to improve equipment and tactics.

Regarding physique I think you're way off, some of them look a bit weedy but most look in good shape. It may actually surprise yu to know most members of elite units are not the steroid popping, muscle bound auctioneers portrayed in films but, on the whole, average looking guys. What separates them is superior training, superior equipment and superior mindsets.

I think you are over reacting... The stance and the way they held their gun sure impressed me.

Sure they are not hulking figures, but you need to be agile and good shot for SWAT, you won't get into a H2H combat with the tangos :)

Regarding equipment,they sure need better vests.

they use kevlar helmets, see pics from delhi blast, but wont protect u anyway if a ak bullet hits your head ;)
and how can you see re-assurance and physical fitness in their eyes ?

The 1st generation of any such unit is not usually the best.It is the later generations which start getting better equipment and training(from experience).But a start is the most important thing.

Regarding your point of Delhi relying on them..I would say even if they are not there there is NSG already present in Manesar which is very close to Delhi to take care of any situation arising in the future.

Just like IDIOT who does not establish its own name of Special forces by make copy America SWAT
May be if you had one, you can stop karachi target killing or take a leaf out from Mumbai Encounter Team....

Back
Top Bottom