DSC02073.JPG

BMS+network.JPG

HERML-developed+BMCS.JPG

HERML-developed+BMCS+being+licence-produced+by+private+sector.JPG

Punj+Lloyd's+ZU-23+upgrade+package.JPG

Vixen+850E+AESA-MMR+proposed+for+Tejas+Mk2.JPG

VRDE's+BMP-2+urban+survival+kit.JPG

Project+28+ASW+corvette+with+bow-mounted+sonar.JPG

When did the trials happen or when are they scheduled ?

The crew look gora...is this from foren maal ?

It's TATA cooperation with South African Denel.

any updates on amca?

halbitng1.jpg

halbitng2.jpg

I think it's safe to say that we can expect to see something like this on the AMCA.

P1050059.jpg

This could be a stubby animation of the AMCA.

Outstanding achievement by DRDO and Tata. Thanks a billion times whoever took these pics. Thanks sir lurlakot for sharing. It gives a insight into India's latest EW capabilities. :)

Prasun K. Sengupta

DSC00098.JPG

This is a picture of Baracuda , right..?

It seems DCNS is really pitching for additional Scorpene ...

I think some people might know that, Pakistan is also working on modernizing its soldiers with systems similar to this. More over these systems are being developed by Pakistan Public-Private Companies and I am sure we will going to see them in near future as well.

I think some people might know that, Pakistan is also working on modernizing its soldiers with systems similar to this. More over these systems are being developed by Pakistan Public-Private Companies and I am sure we will going to see them in near future as well.

Sure good to hear it...

2017890002.jpg

An exhibitor stands next to a billboard showing rockets made in India at Defexpo India 2012, the country's biggest weapons trade show, in New Delhi on Friday.

ALL New truck

ashok-leyland-super-stallion-8x8_stall_640x480.jpg

It is propelled by astate-of-the-art powerful 360 hp (265 kW) Neptune engine,that can crank up a torque of 1400 Nm

ashok-leyland-super-stallion-8x8-front_640x480.jpg

Hub reduction axles ensure better ground clearance and grip for its 8 wheels in sand and the Central Tyre Inflation System (CITS) enables inflating or deflating tyreseven when on the move

ashok-leyland-super-stallion-8x8-truck_640x480.jpg

The SUPER STALLION platform promises the same versatility of the STALLION platform and can be offered for a variety of applications like Field Artillery Tractor and Mounted Gun with different transmission and driveline configurations

Chakra Rath BMP

preview0545478787.jpg

It is reported that this version of the famous infantry fighting vehicle designed for military operations in urban environments and peacekeeping operations.

The car has power steering, air conditioning, and weighs lighter than the analog track. Firepower and armor protection are stored on the same level as that of BMP-2.

ccfb2bd883e7.jpg

3a825b0524b6.jpg

Whilst I'm sure you are correct, I'd have to say I highly doubt the Pakistani modernisation effort can be even remotely compared to the F-INSAS in size,scope and content. The F-INSAS does not purely relate to what you see here in terms of battlefield gear for the infantryman but a comprehensive revamping of the entire army's working in terms of connectivity, battle planning, data gathering, survellience, digital logistics etc it is a completely new way of working for the army and by the end of the F-INSAS th IA will be pretty much unrecognisable, the phase 1 of the project alone is expected to cost $10 BN with the entire project expected to cost in excess of $40-55 BN over a period of 10/15 years. And in regards to Pakistani private institutions developing something similar for the PA, I'm afraid to say it is highly doubtful they have anywhere near the experience/means to develop such advanced technology to date and any effort to do so would require literally decades and far more funds than they have available so it is highly doubtful the PA will get any system even remotely comparable to the F-INSAS in the coming decades.

Defense industry bright spark: MKU

MKU came into DefExpo on a high. They've just completed deliveries of 59,000 light weight bullet proof jackets to the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) under a Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) order worth INR 100 Crore. And now they plan to make Night Vision Devices.

There’s at least one defense company that’s had a good DefExpo 2012. It’s Indian, it’s smaller than most other defense companies we’ve heard of, and most of us haven’t heard of it. MKU is a ballistics protection systems producer (They make bullet-proof vests, armor plating, helmets) and a registered NATO supplier to boot, and is the only company in India with AS 9100 certification for aircraft armoring & solutions. This is a big deal as it’s the only quality management standard specific to the aerospace industry.

MKU came into DefExpo on a high. They’ve just completed deliveries of 59,000 light weight bullet proof jackets to the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) under a Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) order worth INR 100 Crore. These jackets will be distributed to other paramilitary forces by the CRPF, depending on their requirement. MKU won the contract in April 2010 just after the last DefExpo, beating eight other companies.

At DefExpo, they made two announcements. The first, their plan to set up a facility for the manufacture of Night Vision Devices and second, a fifty-fifty tie-up with Germany’s EIS Electronics GMBH to manufacture cable harness products. Both companies will invest USD 5 million into the joint venture.

Unsurprisingly, Neeraj Gupta, the Managing Director of MKU Pvt. Ltd looked pleased when asked about having completed the MHA order. Smiling modestly, he says they’re looking forward to servicing more requirements of the paramilitary and armed forces, with their first order satisfactorily completed.

He’s also looking forward to their new project: the launch of its indigenously developed range of Night Vision Devices (NVDs), with an investment of over INR 100 Crore in the Ist phase, alone. His company plans to manufacture Image Intensifier devices at their facility in Kanpur and is taking on technology from an international company. The range will include Monocular, Binocular (Single Tube and Twin Tube, for 3D vision at night) night vision devices as well as Night Sights for weapons.

Gupta says the devices will have an endurance of 40 hours, and can be helmet or weapon-mounted.

And yes, they work. MKU put up an ‘experience room’ at their stall at DefExpo, a completely dark area. Once inside, your correspondent was completely blind. Holding up the image intensified Monocular NVD, which enhances all available traces of light, everything was clear to the sight.

Defense industry bright spark: MKU | StratPost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom